Sign in to follow this  
Rocky Rocastle

Help...Why are year long loans so fashionable?

Where have they come from and why are they so appealing?

We''ve all read the disapproval at Lupoli not being signed on a permanent transfer...

I can''t work out why these loans are happening everywhere at the moment...?

I suppose it''s simply a way of Clubs, who if not sure a player is going to ''make it'' (thinks that''s the preferred term), a chance to off-load the wages, yet still retain the player should he prove to be successful, of course clubs will say it''s to give a player ''experience''.  [;)]

I personally think too many loans is insanity (just MY opinion).  To many squad loans mean your player assets are greatly reduced and makes building a squad for the future all the more harder.  I look at it like this... In every day life if you cover your standard of living by spending credit you are on a slippery slope to eventual shit street. Same applies to Football Clubs, make your team up with loans you''re treading water at best.

Go and ask that question to Hereford boss Graham Turner.

If you can loan a player from a higher league thus getting a better standard of player for a year then I am all for it. It may be a cheaper way of signing players but these loans still cost money / higher wages in some cases and who is to say the player will be any good or fit in? Loan him and you are not stuck with a rubbish player for 3 years..Chris Brown or Ched Evans? John Kennedy or Gary Doherty?You decide.

-Bigus

Because the big clubs are hoovering up all the best young talent and the rest just have to be content with the crumbs that fall from their table.The choice is not Ryan Bertrand on loan or Ryan Bertrand permanently. It is Ryan Bertrand on loan or someone rubbish.

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]Because the big clubs are hoovering up all the best young talent and the rest just have to be content with the crumbs that fall from their table.The choice is not Ryan Bertrand on loan or Ryan Bertrand permanently. It is Ryan Bertrand on loan or someone rubbish.

[/quote]

Good shout! It seems to be another method of creating a wedge between the rich clubs and us!

[quote user="Bigus"]

Go and ask that question to Hereford boss Graham Turner.

If you can loan a player from a higher league thus getting a better standard of player for a year then I am all for it. It may be a cheaper way of signing players but these loans still cost money / higher wages in some cases and who is to say the player will be any good or fit in? Loan him and you are not stuck with a rubbish player for 3 years..Chris Brown or Ched Evans? John Kennedy or Gary Doherty?You decide.

-Bigus

[/quote]

Apparently, Chris Brown was sold on at a profit (minus wages) and Doherty was offered another contract after being a regular in the sides of both managers that followed the one that bought him.

Not good examples, but I sympathise with your point.

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]Because the big clubs are hoovering up all the best young talent and the rest just have to be content with the crumbs that fall from their table.The choice is not Ryan Bertrand on loan or Ryan Bertrand permanently. It is Ryan Bertrand on loan or someone rubbish.[:D]

[/quote]Better than I could have ever put it Mr. LiM. A prime example is Harry Redknapp and OJ, Harry gets some talent pointed out to him, buys him almost on the recommendation alone then farms him straight out to us. If he''s any good Harry stands to gain big, if he''s not then at least we''ve paid him whilst he''s being assessed and HR won''t be out of pocket, it''s a win/win or in the very least a win/no lose scenario for Redknapp symptomatic of the greed climate within the Premiership.