Sign in to follow this  
koimatsuba

Now I'm getting worried!!! C'mon its not that hard!!!

For Gods Sake!!!

How hard is it to sign a half decent tall striker or any striker b4 the 31st of August.

Why haven''t we signed Hasslebanik for 1 year yet? Surely its better to have him than not. I know all the jokes, all I''ll say is dion.

Why haven''t we got anyone? IF we wait until January this season will be over b4 its started for real.

I simply can''t believe that we don''t even have a new striker b4 one of our hardest games of the year against the leagues only 100% record team!

Wiz - what happened to my spell for the new striker, its needed even more now?

Cheers all.

Anyone for an 11th hour signing on Friday for the Saturday game, or will we realise after we get stuffed by Birmingham that we should have bought someone before Friday let alone the Sunday deadline day!

C''mon, other teams have there strikers in place! We have some talent but not enough to do anything in this league!

well this year we have til midnight on 1st september (or would that technically be 2nd?!?!) so loads of time yet. we''ve not signed JFH yet coz if we wanted a player who is past his best we''d have kept hucks!!! dion was a true professional, and we''re kidding ourselves if we think we''ll sign another player like him.I''m sure roeder aint sitting about, have you seen him lately, he looks shattered, hopefully this Iversen thing is clearer tonight, but not looking good, so we either get him or glenn can move on to his next target. remember no one saw lupoli coming til fiorentina announced it, or clingan coming. for all you and I know, there could be a bloke waiting in the wings

Yeh funnily enough i am struggling to get my head around this aswell. I mean with Roeder''s knowledge and contacts surely if he cant find someone in england or scotland there must be someone playing abroad who we could get from say a french team or spanish team.

I mean how hard can it be. We have had what 4 months to sort this out and still no one looks like they are coming. I still have a feeling Iverson may come. I would like to see Andy Bishop come to play for us.

This does bring back memories from 2 years ago when we were basically in the same situation. We had no height up front(but then again back then our only striker was earnshaw) and looked what happened to us for the rest of the season

...actually, quite a few clubs are scrapping it out for players at the moment - it is not just us.  For example, the binners are pretty desperate for players in a couple of positions (including up front, hence them being linked with our supposed hit list) - the problem is they do have much more cash.

I guess the question is - do we go for just anyone, or do we stick to targets/players who we want?  I''m slightly undecided on that one: I can certainly see the benefit of getting someone in who might not be on the main list (eg Bishop?), and am in absolutely no doubt that we could do so if we wanted - they may or may not come off.  But what if they don''t?  In that case, we''d have spent a portion of our transfer funds on a player we don''t want, and would perhaps be in a position where we cannot afford the one we do want when he becomes available. 

The problem is that waiting may not be the answer either - the player(s) we really do want could get injured or go elsewhere, meaning we have missed out on both counts. 

It seems to me to be a tricky one, and one that it seems a lot of people haven''t thought through.  I would still probably err on getting someone in but that is probably not the right choice.

koimatsuba, you''ve waited so long already without throwing abuse out on here, so why do it now with a few days left! :)

As far as JFH goes, I''m certain he Glenn''s emergency option and may well have agreed to join us till jan if we can''t get anyone in. It''s not like having a striker in today or tomorrow would make much difference regarding the Birmingham game anyway, probably wouldn''t start it regardless.

Glenn is doing what he is forced to do, which is wait till the last few days when clubs realize if they want to sell, they have to lower the prices on their players or end up wasting talent and wasting money on unwanted wages.

Let''s just wait and see how Rosenborg do, tomorrow we might get answers definitely on the Iversen situation but I imagine Sunday or Monday is when we find out who we get.

I''m waiting for something to pop up out of the blue, totally unexpected :) That appears to be how our transfers are working this year.

[quote user="Carrow Roeder"]koimatsuba, you''ve waited so long already without throwing abuse out on here, so why do it now with a few days left! :) As far as JFH goes, I''m certain he Glenn''s emergency option and may well have agreed to join us till jan if we can''t get anyone in. It''s not like having a striker in today or tomorrow would make much difference regarding the Birmingham game anyway, probably wouldn''t start it regardless. Glenn is doing what he is forced to do, which is wait till the last few days when clubs realize if they want to sell, they have to lower the prices on their players or end up wasting talent and wasting money on unwanted wages. Let''s just wait and see how Rosenborg do, tomorrow we might get answers definitely on the Iversen situation but I imagine Sunday or Monday is when we find out who we get. I''m waiting for something to pop up out of the blue, totally unexpected :) That appears to be how our transfers are working this year.[/quote]

I know Carrow Roeder, but its hard, every day at work I walk into the Stores and ask my fellow work mates, ''any news on the pinkun''. I get the same reply of late, NOWT!

Times running out and you are probably right we will get someone by the SEPT 1st, its just so frustrating!

Cheers

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

...actually, quite a few clubs are scrapping it out for players at the moment - it is not just us.  For example, the binners are pretty desperate for players in a couple of positions (including up front, hence them being linked with our supposed hit list) - the problem is they do have much more cash.

[/quote]

Can''t see how the binners are desperate for players they have just got Campo and Voltz in which gives them virtually 3 first team players for every position and thats without their fringe players. Compare that to our first team squad!

Goalie - R Wright, S Supple

RB - M.Voltz, D.Wright,  C.Casement.
CB - A.Bruce, G.McAuley, R.Naylor, T.Smith, P.Balkestien.
LB - B.Thatcher, (P.Balkestien)

LM - A.Quinn, L.Trotter.(Miller)
CM - D.Norris, I.Campo, T M iller, O.Garvan, V.Shumulikoski.
RM - J.Walters, D.Haynes, (D.Norris)

Strikers - Lee, Pablo, Lisbie, Jordan (Haynes, Walters)

Before you ask my two best friends are Ipswich season ticket holders [:)]