Sign in to follow this  
yellow_belly

i am fed up!

after supporting norwich for c. 30 years (though thick and thin), i am starting to get completely fed-up with the canaries. I never thought that i would say this.

we do not seem to have a direction at present nor any money. I admit that mr roeder did extremely well last season with keeping us up (just) but since the summer we have failed to sign (m)any good championship players and this ''striker'' search has become a joke. i really do not trust the manager regarding this at present.

it has been obvious for many years that a chapionship team needs a big striker to hold the ball up and to score the odd goal. we had roberts the season we were promoted (and when we got to the play-off final!); and all teams promoted have (at least) one big striker every year.

one other thing that really annoys me with mr roeder is his constant public critism of our players.. one moment a hero, the next a zero. now i agree with mr adams when he says that jamie c needs a hug rather than a maon (and a big man to play off!)

additionally, i really do not understand the sense in playing players out of position... something we have done a lot of in recent years.. and why is rusty not in the team. he is a much better player than our captain! drop him..play rusty!

norwich city fc.... please can we sort this out. we need a manager to inspire, a board to support (and to find some cash) and a team to cheer! rant rant rant

Best fans ........ Loyal and yes we deserve so much more sadly nothing will change unless the Board and the Manager are replaced!

Forever on the ball here''s to the next 30 years

We do need to give Roeder more time but I have to agree, the "I don''t like to criticise players but <EnterName>" and he goes on to do the very thing he doesn''t like to do - I just find it bizarre; it''s as if he can''t stop himself.

[quote user="Match Day Pie"]

Can''t you give it a few more games?

[/quote]

Like how many more? 6,10,12?

Sometimes I have days like this OP''er and today is also a down day for me.

10 new players, 3 games into the season, the transfer window not shut yet, and you lot are fed up ?

Well I''m fed up too.  Fed up of all this belly-aching squit.  Supporting Norwich City is not about success.  Success is great when it comes, but if you get it all the time you become spoilt. 

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

10 new players, 3 games into the season, the transfer window not shut yet, and you lot are fed up ?

Well I''m fed up too.  Fed up of all this belly-aching squit.  Supporting Norwich City is not about success.  Success is great when it comes, but if you get it all the time you become spoilt. 

[/quote]

Nope I was lying, i''m really very happy, in fact I think i''ve just peed myself a little [:D]

[quote user="lappinitup"]

We''re doomed I tell ye, doomed, DOOMED!  [:''(]

[/quote]

Hehehehe...I''m a sucker for a running gag.

Luv it......

[quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"][quote user="lappinitup"]

We''re doomed I tell ye, doomed, DOOMED!  [:''(]

[/quote]

Hehehehe...I''m a sucker for a running gag.

Luv it......

[/quote]Thanks.  [;)]

As long as the club is run by/owned by indiivduals who are not winners, don''t have a winning mentality and who are quite content to just about stay in the Championship, the club will be going nowhere.

Your post could have easily been written by me yellow_belly because all the points you make I totally agree with.

I''ve always been positive but at the moment I can''t see the light at the end of the tunnel, whilst we have people in charge who are content for us to be a ''''nice little mid table championship club'''' we will never progress.

[quote user="yellow_belly"]

after supporting norwich for c. 30 years (though thick and thin), i am starting to get completely fed-up with the canaries. I never thought that i would say this.

we do not seem to have a direction at present nor any money. I admit that mr roeder did extremely well last season with keeping us up (just) but since the summer we have failed to sign (m)any good championship players and this ''striker'' search has become a joke. i really do not trust the manager regarding this at present.

it has been obvious for many years that a chapionship team needs a big striker to hold the ball up and to score the odd goal. we had roberts the season we were promoted (and when we got to the play-off final!); and all teams promoted have (at least) one big striker every year.

one other thing that really annoys me with mr roeder is his constant public critism of our players.. one moment a hero, the next a zero. now i agree with mr adams when he says that jamie c needs a hug rather than a maon (and a big man to play off!)

additionally, i really do not understand the sense in playing players out of position... something we have done a lot of in recent years.. and why is rusty not in the team. he is a much better player than our captain! drop him..play rusty!

norwich city fc.... please can we sort this out. we need a manager to inspire, a board to support (and to find some cash) and a team to cheer! rant rant rant

[/quote]

Hoolahan, Clingan, Stefanovic, Lupoli, Kennedy and Bertrand (on shorter deals but possibly longer) are all good championship players (at least) and right back (spelling) looks very promising. Bell I haven''t seen but was rated by some in here when we were after him + young striker has talent. I don''t know how you can say that we haven''t signed (m)any good championship players.

I agree with you re big striker - I think everyone does (although Roberts was not a regular during promotion season) and will be disappointed if we don''t get someone. If worst comes to the worst, another loan is possible - not ideal but better than no big striker.

It really is too early to write off the season.

[quote user="cityangel"]

Your post could have easily been written by me yellow_belly because all the points you make I totally agree with.

I''ve always been positive but at the moment I can''t see the light at the end of the tunnel, whilst we have people in charge who are content for us to be a ''''nice little mid table championship club'''' we will never progress.

[/quote]

Hardly! Talk about selective memory! Cast your mind back to the last year of Worthington''s regime.

[quote user="yellow_belly"]

[/quote]Who do you suggest as a replacement to Glenn Roeder??He''s done a great job this summer on a very tight budget. We simply can''t keep changing managers for the sake of it.

Here, Here my thoughts exactly!                              Board are past their sell by date and Roeders decisions like crap loanees, getting rid of one of our best attackers ever when we still need him and not playing Russell who should be an automatic choice make things at Carrow Rd very very tiring at present!