Sign in to follow this  
Bobert

Seems the Earthquakes

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Bobert"]are in a six game winning streak since Hucks joined them and are poised to reach the playoffs. I don''t remember anyone in the the NCFC management team explaining why we let him go do you?[/quote]

Have a sit down and listen to this.  It''s a cracking tune and might help you achieve closure.

[/quote]

To Mister Chops

Listen to this

Love Mr.Bump xx

Come on Iwan was always good for a goal (and that could mean a point) in his final season with Norwich. Remember the one he scored in extra time at Cardiff against Birmingham in the playoffs? He was the "big" striker who is being looked for today.

Iwan held the ball up and brought the midfield into play around the box. This new striker does not have to bang in goals, he needs to be able to win the ball and hold it up. That''s whats missing.

-Bigus

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Bobert"]are in a six game winning streak since Hucks joined them and are poised to reach the playoffs. I don''t remember anyone in the the NCFC management team explaining why we let him go do you?[/quote]Have a sit down and listen to this.  It''s a cracking tune and might help you achieve closure.

[/quote]

To Mister Chops

Listen to this

Love Mr.Bump xx

[/quote]I don''t much like young people''s music, but this has a good beat and I could see myself dancing to it.

[quote user="Bigus"]Iwan held the ball up and brought the midfield into play around the box. This new striker does not have to bang in goals, he needs to be able to win the ball and hold it up. That''s whats missing. -Bigus[/quote]

But surely he doesn''t have to be a striker to do that. Any "big" man would do. I have never played soccer at a senior level but if what you are saying is true and I was a manager I would just go and sign a big, fit Ruckman from Aussie Rules Footy.

[quote user="Bobert"]

[quote user="Bigus"]Iwan held the ball up and brought the midfield into play around the box. This new striker does not have to bang in goals, he needs to be able to win the ball and hold it up. That''s whats missing. -Bigus[/quote]

But surely he doesn''t have to be a striker to do that. Any "big" man would do. I have never played soccer at a senior level but if what you are saying is true and I was a manager I would just go and sign a big, fit Ruckman from Aussie Rules Footy.

[/quote]

Yes, I wonder if Bigus meant to say:

Iwan held the ball up and brought the midfield into play around the

box. This new striker does not just have to bang in goals, he also needs to be

able to win the ball and hold it up.

[quote user="Bobert"]Come on Iwan was always good for a goal (and that could mean a point) in his final season with Norwich. Remember the one he scored in extra time at Cardiff against Birmingham in the playoffs? He was the "big" striker who is being looked for today.[/quote]that was two years before we let him go, and he was already past his best then.  Good player. Great bloke. But we let him go at exactly the right time

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"][quote user="Bobert"]Come on Iwan was always good for a goal (and that could mean a point) in his final season with Norwich. Remember the one he scored in extra time at Cardiff against Birmingham in the playoffs? He was the "big" striker who is being looked for today.[/quote]that was two years before we let him go, and he was already past his best then.  Good player. Great bloke. But we let him go at exactly the right time[/quote]I thought we were talking about Huckerby... oh, we are.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Robert N. LiM"][quote user="Bobert"]Come on Iwan was always good for a goal (and that could mean a point) in his final season with Norwich. Remember the one he scored in extra time at Cardiff against Birmingham in the playoffs? He was the "big" striker who is being looked for today.[/quote]that was two years before we let him go, and he was already past his best then.  Good player. Great bloke. But we let him go at exactly the right time[/quote]I thought we were talking about Huckerby... oh, we are.[/quote]Great player. Good bloke. But we let him go at exactly the right time

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"][quote user="Bobert"]Come on Iwan was always good for a goal (and that could mean a point) in his final season with Norwich. Remember the one he scored in extra time at Cardiff against Birmingham in the playoffs? He was the "big" striker who is being looked for today.[/quote]

that was two years before we let him go, and he was already past his best then.  Good player. Great bloke. But we let him go at exactly the right time
[/quote]

so your telling me that in the early part of the prem season.. before we signed Ashton.. when we were putting the crosses in and Midget McVeigh wasnt reaching them in the air that Iwan wouldnt of contributed 3 or 4 goals??? taking him to the century for the club and possibly winning or drawing us games when down?

I seem to remember Pompey at home in the prem when we needed a big man upfront.. We''d of won that and stayed up!

jas :)

Yes. I have a lot of time for Iwan - he kept us in the second tier during the darkest era in the club''s recent history. But he was already past his best when we reached the play-offs, and contributed very little to the title-winning season.Worthy brought him in for the Cup game against Everton, if you recall. His contribution was to concede two (admittedly very harsh) penalties.A bit like Huckerby, people remember him at his absolute best, rather than the reality of his final seasons. The club was absolutely right to let Iwan go when they did. The fact that they should have signed Crouch or Ashton at the start of the Prem season doesn''t alter that.

i was at Goodison that day.. alan stubbs, good player, been at Celtic, knows when to go down.... did exactly that to win the 2 penalties that day... the first was a dive, the 2nd was shambolic¬!

jas :)

Me too. Remember the Everton fans complaining to the police because they thought that the chants of "you fat b******d" aimed at Rooney was  a racist chant aimed at Yobo?