Sign in to follow this  
Conker

The kitty - Pro or Anti the idea?

It seems there has already been plenty said following todays launch, there will be further information this afternoon on Radio Norfolk.In the meantime, are you Pro or Anti the idea?  I''m not talking about your views on the quality of the site or wording in newspapers, do you think it''s a good or bad idea?

At the moment, as I stated in another thread I am anti the idea for many reasons, the main one being I just don''t think it will be supported by the majority of fans. How many can they seriously reach out to via the internet?

I think it''s a superb idea and one all supporters should embrace, I think however the web site needs some work still as i''ve been on several times now yet still can''t get a page to allow me to donate, the advertising is cheap and if we all load the site as our home page they will be able to log more hits and market the site to a greater level.Hope it works.Those of you on here who moan constantly about funding would surely welcome an oppurtunity to assist.You don''t even have to donate, just score hits

[quote user="ncfcstar"]At the moment, as I stated in another thread I am anti the idea for many reasons, the main one being I just don''t think it will be supported by the majority of fans. How many can they seriously reach out to via the internet?[/quote]The majority of fans starts with each and every one of us

im in the middle.. it could or couldnt work... Mr Walpole is a good man who answers any questions as best he can..

but there are MANY questions asked by others on here that HAVEN''t been answered by the organisers who seem to think the kitty will succeed regardless.. i want to know what happens if it doesnt.. what will happen to my money?

jas :)

Anything that helps the club is a worth while cause, however I still hope people consider joining the Norwich City Supporters Trust if they haven''t already done so; great to raise money along side what already comes into the club but it would be nice to ensure we have a democratic say over what it''s spent on.

http://www.inthehandsofthefans.co.uk/

MEMORANDUM OF ASSOCIATION

1.         The Company''s name is "Norwich City Kitty Limited".  

2.         The Company''s registered office is to be situated in England.

3.         The Company''s objects are to carry on business as a general commercial company and in particular to generate revenue on a non-profit basis through any means available to assist Norwich City Football Club Plc (“the Football Club”) with player acquisitions and the doing of any such other things as are incidental or conducive to the attainment of that object.

etc.etc

[quote user="Foggo7"]I think it''s a superb idea and one all supporters should embrace, I think however the web site needs some work still as i''ve been on several times now yet still can''t get a page to allow me to donate, the advertising is cheap and if we all load the site as our home page they will be able to log more hits and market the site to a greater level.Hope it works.Those of you on here who moan constantly about funding would surely welcome an oppurtunity to assist.You don''t even have to donate, just score hits[/quote]Foggo - If you go here you can donate a one off amount or sign up to donate regularly.  http://www.norwichkitty.com/section/1/donations/

Anti. We support the club by buying our season tickets. Putting into a kitty just gives the Board another excuse to kop out. If they don''t have or can''t attract enough money to give the managers a decent transfer kitty then they should get the hell out and give someone else a chance. This will just help to prop up a crap regime. They must be laughing their heads off, we put in an extra fiver a month, they keep their millions in the bank. Theirs a far simpler way in any case, raise the price of the season tickets. If they promised the manager a 5 million transfer kitty I would happily stump up an extra fiver per game.

As I''ve stated many times before Championship clubs operate at a heavy loss every season, so how are they supposed to attract more money? get an outside investor? well I think most clubs in our league now have outside investors, didn''t get Wolves anywhere, Nor Ipswich, Qpr don''t seem to be league winners at the moment either, but what happens when these investors decide to pull out because its costing them to much? they would strip the club dry and thats a fact! As for this investment thing, I think its a great idea and I will be doing a monthly donation, but I can also see trouble occuring from this, what happens if say we managed to raise £2 million for the kitty next year, and then we sign 3 players on undisclosed fees, people will be declaring to know if all of our money has been spent.

[quote user="ellis206"]As I''ve stated many times before Championship clubs operate at a heavy loss every season[/quote]Except haven''t we made a profit for the last few years?

Umm, 3/10 for accent, not nearly Norfolk enough for my liking.   [;)]  Bloke on the line though, 7/10, excellent effort.

I run a business but why do i feel uneasy about this?

I agree totally with Barclayboy. Apart from the fact that the board are having a damn good laugh, i don''t trust them and would not put a penny more into this club with the present regime in control.

They have done nothing to impress me. Their total lack of professionalism, business acumen, wrong people in the wrong jobs and poor pr would, in my opinion, make it madness to invest.

They want investment? Let them go out and get it like all businesses have to.

I am a shareholder (small investment), season ticket holder and a regular customer of the shop and lottery tickets etc...... but no more.

I hope i am wrong but i just can''t see this being a success and in the meantime we leave ourselves open to ridicule examination.

You know I wonder if we should not support a much smaller club like, for example, Norwich United. The amounts probably raised by The Kitty are going to be useless in the Championship but could well help a smaller Club enormously who might then go un to provide local talent for NCFC scouts to pick up.

I would think that NCFC could easily pick up and exrtra £20,000 or so which will take Kitty an age to raise. I would suggest for example:

1) Souvenier shops inside the ground on match days instead of outside it

2) Selling Asian meals in the Ground through deals with Restauants in the town

3}Making use of volunteer stweards and groundsmen

4}Selling advertising within the goalposts at the begining and end of the match and at half time

5)Selling upgraded seats in the Upper Barclay and other areas ( like business class on airlines)

6)Running buses from the Rail Station, County Hall and Yarmouth Road before and at the end of the Games

7}Having a Club Photographer take pictures of fans in the Ground with Players, etc

8)Charging for entrance to the Press Box on match days.

9)Having a Roll Over lottery ticket payable on a hat trick being scored and the winner in the Ground.

10)Selling Icecream

11)Having a book and magazine stall inside the Ground.

............ the list is endless for someone with a creative mind

[quote user="AndyJR"]Umm, 3/10 for accent, not nearly Norfolk enough for my liking.   [;)]  Bloke on the line though, 7/10, excellent effort.

[/quote]

Well that interview really sold it for me[|-)]NOT

I fail to see how anyone can genuinely be ''anti'' the ''idea''. The idea can only be a good thing. Whether it will or wont be successful is a completely different matter but if you dont try you will never know...

I feel sorry for CannyCanary. He must get very annoyed with people slagging the idea after all the effort he has made and is making. I can only say keep up the effort as everyone will appreciate it if it works out.

Also, I just had another idea to help protect the Kitty funds somewhat. Perhaps the Kitty should limit their maximum invested to say 50% or 75% of a players purchase fee and insist on being paid back first should that player later be sold. That protects the Kitty against depreciation of some players fees. Also, I''d suggest an age limit on any players that the Kitty should invest in.

[quote user="AndyJR"]

Anything that helps the club is a worth while cause, however I still hope people consider joining the Norwich City Supporters Trust if they haven''t already done so; great to raise money along side what already comes into the club but it would be nice to ensure we have a democratic say over what it''s spent on.

[/quote]

What is this woman on,Turns down £20.000.000 now ask fans to bale her out, DELIA OUT CULLUM IN

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="AndyJR"]

[/quote]

What is this woman on,Turns down £20.000.000 now ask fans to bale her out, DELIA OUT CULLUM IN

[/quote]Nope, he wanted to give 20mil to the transfer fund and have the club for nothing.

[quote user="Est_1902"][quote user="Foggo7"]I think it''s a superb idea and one all supporters should embrace, I think however the web site needs some work still as i''ve been on several times now yet still can''t get a page to allow me to donate, the advertising is cheap and if we all load the site as our home page they will be able to log more hits and market the site to a greater level.Hope it works.Those of you on here who moan constantly about funding would surely welcome an oppurtunity to assist.You don''t even have to donate, just score hits[/quote]Foggo - If you go here you can donate a one off amount or sign up to donate regularly.  http://www.norwichkitty.com/section/1/donations/ [/quote] Thanks bookmarked it

I''m against it.I don''t think it''s reasonable to ask supporters who already shell out a lot of money to fund transfers. Neither do I trust the board to allocate it to signings.

[quote user="Bobert"]

You know I wonder if we should not support a much smaller club like, for example, Norwich United. The amounts probably raised by The Kitty are going to be useless in the Championship but could well help a smaller Club enormously who might then go un to provide local talent for NCFC scouts to pick up.

I would think that NCFC could easily pick up and exrtra £20,000 or so which will take Kitty an age to raise. I would suggest for example:

1) Souvenier shops inside the ground on match days instead of outside it

2) Selling Asian meals in the Ground through deals with Restauants in the town

3}Making use of volunteer stweards and groundsmen

4}Selling advertising within the goalposts at the begining and end of the match and at half time

5)Selling upgraded seats in the Upper Barclay and other areas ( like business class on airlines)

6)Running buses from the Rail Station, County Hall and Yarmouth Road before and at the end of the Games

7}Having a Club Photographer take pictures of fans in the Ground with Players, etc

8)Charging for entrance to the Press Box on match days.

9)Having a Roll Over lottery ticket payable on a hat trick being scored and the winner in the Ground.

10)Selling Icecream

11)Having a book and magazine stall inside the Ground.

............ the list is endless for someone with a creative mind

[/quote]

Now Bob , I do think your list is very good indeed and the amount of revenue would be wonderful but I do think you are missing an opportunity . I will say just one word ....Coffins, and add to that cut price funerals , for goodness sake I am leaning over backwards to accommodate you all . Please consider that a common or garden funeral costs in the region  of 3 k , now remember your friendly undertaker arrdee will always do his best for you lovely old City supporters to keep the price down . I also note Bob you have made no prevision for open barbeque''s to be active throughout the match in the Barclay cooking arrdee''s famous sausages and burgers , shame on you Bob as this would produce more for the coffers  of Norwich City than anything Delia''s restaurant can come up with .[:D]....arrdee. 

A charitable trust does not necessarily mean something is a charity, it can be a way of avoiding taxation.  The company where I work rents several offices from a very very wealthy land owner.  Low and behold the rent (an eye watering amount) is not paid to him, no its paid into a charitable trust set up in his Grandchildren''s names.

I''m against the trust, especially because of  the ''grey area'' around what can or more importantly what can''t be done with the money.  It does not state anywhere (as far as I can see) that the money must be or can only be used on transfers.  You can fudge around this as much as you want, it does not state it and imho therefore there are no guarantees.

Likewise if a player is bought for 250k, turns into a superstar and is sold for £10m in 2 years time, does the Kitty receive the full £10m? or just the initial outlay of 250k?  or a % of the £10m as it could be argued the club have invested money in training and developing the player.  If as I suspect the Kitty would only get back its initial outlay then why should the fans spend more of their ''hard-earned'' to line the pockets of the board?  At the end of the day all of the £10m or a very high % of it should go back into the kitty because that player wouldn''t have been there to be sold without the kitty.

Another and perhaps for me major area that MAY have been overlooked, I''ll give an example below -

The kitty does absolutely fantastically, there is £2.5m in the kitty ready for Glenn''s signing in the January transfer window.  The player a targetman is available for say £2.25m we are desperate for him, desperately short of goals.  The fans get excited at last we have the money to sign someone, he is available, a player Glenn admires, and he wants to come to us, then the bombshell is dropped, the club don''t have the money to pay his wages.  How frustrating, we have the money, sitting there, desperately need the player etc etc and the club turn round and say there is no more money for player wages.  How would you feel having invested your hard-earned to be told this?  

I also have other concerns about players bought, i.e. how much say if any does the kitty have in what player, type of player, character (Joey Barton type) is signed?  Who has the say the owners of the kitty?  Those who have invested most etc etc?

I also have concerns around people being able to just demand their money back.

You may have gathered by now, I won''t be investing.

Something I missed out of the above.

What happens if a player is bought then gets injured within a month say, a career ending injury, is that your money just floating off down the Wensum?