Sign in to follow this  
arrdee

Raise Funds For Foncy , with the pink un Pickers .

[quote user="arrdee"]

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"][:$] - surely this must be some kind of a record [:''(][/quote]

No you weren''t I have never seen such a crazy set of results , How can we having the whipping boys of the lowest league Chester winning by a margin of 5 something .  I think you were on the end of a blip P''boro that will never be repeated ever again , such hard luck and I still think that the form has not settled down yet . I am so sorry for that P''boro but rest assured I will be calling on you in the new year to put us on our winning ways again ....arrdee

[/quote]

Damn you Leeds!!!! [:@]

am i getting a go in the second half of the season?

Unbelievable. A team bottom of the league, leaking 4 goals a game and hasn''t scored in 4 games wins 3-1! away! Hard Luck P''boro. Those results are absolutely mental! Because it was my bday yesterday I put a wager on, M''boro won, so I was quite confident then I came home from the footy to see a disaster on the card! Hopefully next week will be more kind!

Those are not untypical League Two results however.  Throughout the season the majority of games in the division are impossible to call regardless of League position.

[quote user="arrdee"]

[quote user="1st Wazzock"]Carlisle to beat Yeovil is my guess.[/quote]

Hello, hello , Lapp, it seems to me your old mate the lovely old Wass has washed his hands of you . He seems to have distanced himself from you , just a few words making his selection , uumm!! I think he has looked at your position in Nuttys league and said "S.. him , he is going to bring me down to his level"  but there you are you wanted to cozy up together against the lovely arrdee and I heard you whispering how you were going to take arrdee apart and take over the Free Bet and call it your very own . It seems to me Lapp you are out on your own . Good Luck .Lets hope you get a "nap" right this season , I know its asking a bit much as there are only about 40 weeks left , but I am sure I can get a win out of you somehow , have you ever thought about a blindfold and a pin ? You lovely old boy ....[:D]....arrdee....

[/quote]

LOL

I have been extremely busy over the last few days and make my pick in a few spare minutes.

Don''t worry Arrdee I''ll be cozying up to Lapp again shortly [;)]

Certainly no blame on you P''boro my friend. None of us could have seen those results coming. We will all be back to fight another day next week [Y]

Well that is behind us, there is I suppose always one week like that in the season its just bad luck you caught it P''boro but it hasn''t cost us anything and there is always next week . Talking of next week its the lovely Fellas in charge of the Free Bet making the final selections .

Yes Shaun you will having a go at making the final selections , I have you down and you know arrdee always tells the truth , you lovely old boy....arrdee.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]Those are not untypical League Two results however.  Throughout the season the majority of games in the division are impossible to call regardless of League position.[/quote]Well what a strange day, lets hope the bad luck has been all used this week.With regards to Camul and league two, towards the end of last season I read a stat that there had been more away wins than home wins in the division. Crazy when you think about it, but its certainly a tough league to call.

[quote user="Trent Canary"][quote user="Camuldonum"]Those are not untypical League Two results however.  Throughout the season the majority of games in the division are impossible to call regardless of League position.[/quote]
Well what a strange day, lets hope the bad luck has been all used this week.

With regards to Camul and league two, towards the end of last season I read a stat that there had been more away wins than home wins in the division. Crazy when you think about it, but its certainly a tough league to call.
[/quote]

Yes well done "Cam" and "Trent" for hi lighting this pitfall in Div 2 and I know most Pickers will be circumspect about making their "naps" from Div 2 , then having said that we know Lapp will blunder his way through in his inimitable style , disregarding any sort of advice , I wouldn''t change the lovely old boy for the world. Of course you know he is very old don''t you ?....[:D]....arrdee.

[quote user="arrdee"]

[quote user="Trent Canary"][quote user="Camuldonum"]Those are not untypical League Two results however.  Throughout the season the majority of games in the division are impossible to call regardless of League position.[/quote]Well what a strange day, lets hope the bad luck has been all used this week.With regards to Camul and league two, towards the end of last season I read a stat that there had been more away wins than home wins in the division. Crazy when you think about it, but its certainly a tough league to call.[/quote]

Yes well done "Cam" and "Trent" for hi lighting this pitfall in Div 2 and I know most Pickers will be circumspect about making their "naps" from Div 2 , then having said that we know Lapp will blunder his way through in his inimitable style , disregarding any sort of advice , I wouldn''t change the lovely old boy for the world. Of course you know he is very old don''t you ?....[:D]....arrdee.

[/quote]Div 2 and the ccc are dodgey leagues to nap in at the best of times, let alone in a hectic week like this. Lapp is definitely older than I thought he was [;)]

With Chelsea drawing I think that makes it 0 for 6, in this event will Billy give us a special prize?! A bottle of Gary Dohertys patented hair loss prevention cream perhaps? Nevermind, would rather have it this way than a crushing last minute equaliser on the one remaining game!

Infact the final tally for league two last season was: -

Home wins39 %
 Draws23 %
 Away wins38 %
To compare - league one had 47% home wins, championship had 42% home wins, premiership with 46%, Seria A with 46%, Grotland premier league with 50% and Spain with 48%. As Fellas suggests, steer clear of league two and the championship!Lappin - Much older, but very young at heart [;)]

It was a strange week, a lot of high scoring games from teams recently on the other end of those scorelines (Chester) . Also a couple of surprises such as Leeds at home (I wonder whether they are as good as they are cracked up to be this season under Mccallister?)

The league table doesn''t really tell anything until the end of October/ Start of November.

If we have a winning week and a bad week all through the season we''ll be happy!

[quote user="Trent Canary"]Infact the final tally for league two last season was: -

Home wins39 %
 Draws23 %
 Away wins38 %

To compare - league one had 47% home wins, championship had 42% home wins, premiership with 46%, Seria A with 46%, Grotland premier league with 50% and Spain with 48%. As Fellas suggests, steer clear of league two and the championship!

Lappin - Much older, but very young at heart [;)]
[/quote]

That''s very interesting Trent I was unaware of this , that has certainly made me pause to think , well done....arrdee.

OK so the result was disappointing but let''s not get despondent. 44 different pickers posted selections this week! 44!!! Now that makes me proud to be involved in this and I know Arrdee is proud too. And in this most difficult of weeks there were still 15 winning posters with 9 different correct selections. Now I remember the days when we didn''t even provide enough winning selections to give the final picker any chance. So it''s a big well done to those pickers who safely negotiated this weeks minefield and a big hard luck to the others and our friend P''boro who had such a difficult week to sort through them all.

As this was the last weekend of the month I''m going to give you all an update on who''s hot and who''s not [:O]

The Picker Of The Month for August is a four way tie with Arrdee [*] Gorleston "Gentleman" Jim [*] Hissing Sid [*] and Inch High [*] who all scored 100% with 4/4 winning naps [Y]

So this is how our league looks tonight (only listing pickers over 50% who have picked in at least half the available weeks)

Arrdee                         4/4 100%

Gorleston Jim               4/4 100%

Hissing Sid                   4/4 100%

Inch High                     4/4 100%

1st Wazzock                3/4  75%

Cosmic Twin                3/4  75%

Nutty Nigel                  3/4  75%

Shack Attack               3/4  75%

Trent Canary                3/4  75%

7rew                            2/3  66%

Beaker                         2/3  66%

Blahblahblah                2/3  66%

Jas The Barclay King   2/3  66%

Berkshire Canary        2/4  50%

City Angel                  2/4  50%

Delia''s Devon...          2/4  50%

Fellas                         2/4  50%

Leeds Canary             2/4  50%

Norfolkchance1          2/4  50%

P''boro_canary            2/4  50%

Camuldonum              1/2  50%

Mister Chops             1/2  50%

Ncfc Star                   1/2  50%

And there are loads of you just outside this group and I''m always reminded at this stage of the season that "it''s a marathon not a sprint" [Y]

Excellent work Nutty, it''s good to see this thread getting the attention it deserves.  As a tie-breaker, would it be possible to look at the odds of the 4 pickers who got 4 out of 4, and give Picker of the month to the picker with the longest odds ?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

OK so the result was disappointing but let''s not get despondent. 44 different pickers posted selections this week! 44!!! Now that makes me proud to be involved in this and I know Arrdee is proud too. And in this most difficult of weeks there were still 15 winning posters with 9 different correct selections. Now I remember the days when we didn''t even provide enough winning selections to give the final picker any chance. So it''s a big well done to those pickers who safely negotiated this weeks minefield and a big hard luck to the others and our friend P''boro who had such a difficult week to sort through them all.

As this was the last weekend of the month I''m going to give you all an update on who''s hot and who''s not [:O]

The Picker Of The Month for August is a four way tie with Arrdee [*] Gorleston "Gentleman" Jim [*] Hissing Sid [*] and Inch High [*] who all scored 100% with 4/4 winning naps [Y]

So this is how our league looks tonight (only listing pickers over 50% who have picked in at least half the available weeks)

And there are loads of you just outside this group and I''m always reminded at this stage of the season that "it''s a marathon not a sprint" [Y]

[/quote]

Did you run this passed BLY first to see if he agreed?[6]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Oh no.... im falling harshly behind everyone. [:''(] If their ever was more reason to hate Man United and Leeds... its now. 33%!! [:''(] thats awful....

may have to start using the trusted 75%+ pickers to help with my accumulators as the season goes on, with which i usually have little or no success

Do your picks have to be chosen in the selection of 6 to be included in this league (as I''m 2 out of 4 I think...the Mighty Pirates putting 6 past Hereford and Oldham beating Cheltenham, but let down by Wolves drawing with Plymouth and Oldham drawing with Col Utd).

No Pete all the picks are recorded and counted. And it''s a good idea to keep an eye on me and post if you believe I messed up. But I think in this case the Mighty Pirates putting 6 past Hereford is a case of "look what you could''ve won" because that was the day I had you down for Oldham to beat Cheltenham. Spurs to beat Boro was the other my friend.

But please do post if you believe I have your totals down wrong. This is all a bit of fun where everyone is a winner in the end and this healthy competition between us just adds to it.

Blah - that was a good idea of a way to seperate the 4 pickers of the month but I am happy for them to share. All we ask is for their best nap to help our club and we are not looking for value because Billy stumps up the tenner. All we need is winners to help the guy doing the final selections. But what do you others think?

I''m disappointed with the lack of ambition I am showing. Only 50%?! We have been let down continually over the past (2 days...). I''m getting smudge to organise protests against me to show my discontent.Btw Lapps, saving himself for the later stages... [:P]

Apologies, forgot about Spurs v Boro. I bow to your superior memory Nutty. Must start backing Rovers more to boost my average. 1 out of 4. Shocking...

[quote user="Fellas"]Btw Nutty are you sure it''s only 9 correct naps, I''ve got 11?
[/quote]

No not really sure Fellas .....

I''ll just check them with Bully... Mansfield... Carlisle... Leicester... Barnsley... Watford... Arsenal... Middlesboro... Atletico Madrid... Marseille all to win and Norwich... Kings Lynn to draw.. spot on Fellas[Y]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Excellent work Nutty, it''s good to see this thread getting the attention it deserves.  As a tie-breaker, would it be possible to look at the odds of the 4 pickers who got 4 out of 4, and give Picker of the month to the picker with the longest odds ?[/quote]

Yes you lovely old Blah , Nutty and myself after talking this over think if we wanted to call a tie breaker the award should go to the Picker that used the shortest odds as he was more determined to get winners than others . Winners is the name of the game , we don''t care if the winning teams are 1-9 as long as they win as we are not looking for value , the bet is paid for us ,we only have to pick up the winnings and remember Yankee has shown us the way and he had a 1-50 amongst his selections . Now on the other hand if you wanted to decide the tie breaker on goal difference that''s another question entirely ....arrdee.