Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 of 13 - and counting.

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]I''ve missed Bly and his constant trawaling through old posts and then new ones with a simple question or statement. God bless you son, god bless you.[/quote]

He alternates between "dear oh dear" and something he has cut''n''pasted from the Times Online. Still, every village needs an idiot.

[/quote]

Who''s the idiot? The perpetrator? Or, the one who continually rises to it?

[/quote]

But he''s a constant source of amusement, If everyone ignored him then he might go away, we don''t want that do we? Lets face it, without the characters on here it would not be worth visiting.

[/quote]

You must be a member of the huddled masses then, amigo?

You need to try harder, I suppose.

Good luck.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]You must be a member of the huddled masses then, amigo? You need to try harder, I suppose. Good luck. OTBC[/quote]It would appear that you need to uprade (to windows 98 maybe).

Hope that helps Bly. [;)]

[quote user="T"]

Can anyone explain to me why some posters keep posting the same point in a slightly different form and are apparently oblivious of the financial impact of TV money and super rich football owners. Why are  they are apparently not embarrassed that they are not aware of the fundamental change in football finances even though it keeps being pointed out to them?

I''m genuinely puzzled.

Anybody? please.

[/quote]

Because they have nothing else to do or say. The fringe fanatical inority are always the loudest - and most arrogant!!

[quote user="T"]

Can anyone explain to me why some posters keep posting the same point in a slightly different form and are apparently oblivious of the financial impact of TV money and super rich football owners. Why are  they are apparently not embarrassed that they are not aware of the fundamental change in football finances even though it keeps being pointed out to them?

I''m genuinely puzzled.

Anybody? please.

[/quote]

Because they have nothing else to do or say. The fringe fanatical minority are always the loudest - and most arrogant!!

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]You must be a member of the huddled masses then, amigo? You need to try harder, I suppose. Good luck. OTBC[/quote]It would appear that you need to uprade (to windows 98 maybe).

Hope that helps Bly. [;)]

[/quote]

Well. I have had Vista for over a year now, but the troubles seem to have arisen when I installed Internet Explorer 8 just after we were relegated and then took off for pastures cold for four weeks. Maybe you''d like to revise your analysis Lap; I could sure use some good help.

By the way, I stopped at the Carrow Road shop during my sojourn in those pastures cold and bought 3 nice cotton T-shirts - plus the missus bought 2 for herself and a tie (they only had the yellow version left) for me. I enquired from the 2 lovely ladies about the new Third Division merchandise - they looked a little embarassed but managed a couple of sweet smiles and stuttered that it had not been received yet.

One love.

OTBC

Almost one year later.

Just thought I''d update the header because it''s now 11 of 14 - and counting.

Will it reach 15 - and counting?

What do you think?

OTBC

Even if we go undefeated and undrawn, it will go to 15 because no matter where we finish this year, it will be our lowest in  over 50 years.  Finishing top 6 in Division 3 doesn''t excuse the team from the abysmal record over the last decade and a half.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Even if we go undefeated and undrawn, it will go to 15 because no matter where we finish this year, it will be our lowest in  over 50 years.  Finishing top 6 in Division 3 doesn''t excuse the team from the abysmal record over the last decade and a half.[/quote]

True enough.

OTBC

Stats tells us what?  Anything we want.

Review the last 50 seasons and our average league finish will be what - 11th, mid table - thats pretty average I would say.

Take the top 6 argument.  For most of the last 10 years the league size has been 22 teams.  That means 73% of the teams will be "unsuccessful" by definition - so 77% I would say is pretty damn average. Yes last seasons relegation moves that to 86%

Since we were promoted in 1960 to Div 2 we have had what, 4 promotions and 5 relegations?   Over that period, which covers the golden periods of both south and chase we finished in the top 6 just 11 times - that is finishing out side the top 6 on 77.8% of the time - just about identical to the damning stat in the original post. Was that shocking underperformance too?

We know that the last few seasons have been a disaster - otherwise I would not be contemplating League one football this season. 

But is it any more of a disaster than getting relegated from the premier league just a season after beating Bayern Munich,  just as real cash was being injected into the prmiership, due to poor management on and off field?    

Just as the 08/09 relegation was a culmination of a poor decisions by board and managers exactly the same applies to the 94/95 relegation,  poor investments and squad size (selling Sutton due to financial irregularities and the banks seeking to out us into administration, failure to have a decent enough squad to adequately cover an injury to Gunn etc - yup poor player investment by the board) was the culmination of years of mal management by the board. 

For me the 1995 relegation remains the biggest c*ck up NCFC will ever face in its history - we missed the gravy train big time due to a lack of ambition.

It seems its all just a little bit of history repeating.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Stats tells us what?  Anything we want.

Review the last 50 seasons and our average league finish will be what - 11th, mid table - thats pretty average I would say.

Take the top 6 argument.  For most of the last 10 years the league size has been 22 teams.  That means 73% of the teams will be "unsuccessful" by definition - so 77% I would say is pretty damn average. Yes last seasons relegation moves that to 86%

Since we were promoted in 1960 to Div 2 we have had what, 4 promotions and 5 relegations?   Over that period, which covers the golden periods of both south and chase we finished in the top 6 just 11 times - that is finishing out side the top 6 on 77.8% of the time - just about identical to the damning stat in the original post. Was that shocking underperformance too?

We know that the last few seasons have been a disaster - otherwise I would not be contemplating League one football this season. 

But is it any more of a disaster than getting relegated from the premier league just a season after beating Bayern Munich,  just as real cash was being injected into the prmiership, due to poor management on and off field?    

Just as the 08/09 relegation was a culmination of a poor decisions by board and managers exactly the same applies to the 94/95 relegation,  poor investments and squad size (selling Sutton due to financial irregularities and the banks seeking to out us into administration, failure to have a decent enough squad to adequately cover an injury to Gunn etc - yup poor player investment by the board) was the culmination of years of mal management by the board. 

For me the 1995 relegation remains the biggest c*ck up NCFC will ever face in its history - we missed the gravy train big time due to a lack of ambition.

It seems its all just a little bit of history repeating.

[/quote]

Excellent post Zip, but get that tin hat on!

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]

I agree, the owners should hold their heads in shame.  And while we are at it former 2 times european cup winners forest, their owners should also hold their heads in shame.  Newcastle owners, you have won nothing in over 50 years, hold your heads in shame.  And Cambridge united, from the old 2nd division to the conference, you were competitive once what the hell has happened, Lee Power hold your head in shame.

Oh hang on, with so many formerly competitive clubs not reliving past glories perhaps its just possible that no one has the divine right to be at the top all of the time.  Have you ever considered that....

[/quote]

The 13 years that Delia has been the majority shareholder has been a total disaster.

We have won just 1 piece of silverware in 13 years, and for a club the siz of Norwich, finishing in the top 6 twice in 13 years is simply appauling.

I will also add that the club is in the worst state it has been in for over 50 years, we are £23m in debt, we are in the third tier of English football, and we have possibly the worst Majority Shareholder we could want.

Finally, for all of you ''Delia worship brigade'', do you still think it''s a good idea to back her even after she has destroyed our club?

But you never know, the future might still be bright, perhaps Delia might get bought out and we may be able to get promotion from League 1?! Just a thought.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

ty - am in my full body armour and ready...

Rose tinted histories are so harsh, chase did no more than leave us in a worse financial position and a league lower than when he joined the board in 1982... again -sound very familiar to the current situation? 

There is no hiding from the horrendous predicament we find ourselves in and that the blames lies with everyone connected with the club - and not just the majority shareholders.

However their record is not significantly worse than the clubs 50 year record which is one of appalling averageness.

I correct my previous post - South resigned in autum 85 not early winter,  meaning chase started and left us in Div 2 , not took us down a league.   

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

Rose tinted histories are so harsh, chase did no more than leave us in a worse financial position and a league lower than when he joined the board in 1982... again -sound very familiar to the current situation? 

[/quote]

Yes, it''s strange how the passage of time can restore reputations. While I accept that Chase was under huge pressure from the bank I''m afraid I don''t see him as a hero, but rather as a rather parochial figure who misread the zeitgeist completely, to our long term cost. If anyone was guilty of the oft quoted "little old Norwich" syndrome, it was him.

Great post Zip.  Its amazing how manipulating stats can help you make a point.

Arthur, £23m in debt includes a new stand, if we assume that was £10m thats only £13m of real debt.  Lets not forget that there was approx £6m of debt when the Smiths took over.  If you factor in a bit of inflation then it doesnt look quite so bad.

Things arent great agree but they arent as bad as everyone is trying to make out.  Lots of bigger clubs have been where are now and come back better and stronger.

As for the game itself, you are going to have to wait for the money madness to stop before there is a chance of us becoming competitive again. 

Can anyone confirm that the debt was restructured and secured against gate income?

[quote user="ACE"]Can anyone confirm that the debt was restructured and secured against gate income?
[/quote]

From memory wasnt it the debt increased to £15m to include the build of the Jarrold?   Which means a 50% increase in debt in 5 years - no way to say it but that is so poor.

The question is are we 50% less solvent?

Seeing someone''s post on the previous page that said "a club the size of norwich" alluding to the fact we''re a "big club"

How are we?? We''re 62nd in English football''s all time league table... hardly brilliant is it and i very much doubt we were higher than that before delia.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No. You''re conveniently omitting what happened inbetween in each case. Why?

OTBC

[quote user="Lambo"]We''re 62nd in English football''s all time league table...[/quote]

Given we spent 49 unbroken years in the top two divisions I can''t see how that can possibly be accurate - 62nd would equate to 18th place in League One.

[quote user="Lambo"]http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/all-time-table[/quote]

that table is Bullshit!

how can Grimsby, the english side to have been relegated more times than any other, be ahead of Chelsea?

jas :)

Ahh yeah i see how they''ve worked it out, it''s the amount of points you''ve scored no matter what league your in.

Here''s a better one which is only with top flight football, we''re 35th.

http://www.toffeeweb.com/history/records/alltime.asp

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No. You''re conveniently omitting what happened inbetween in each case. Why?

OTBC

[/quote]

Not conveniently ignoring anything BBB.   The OP was about how the current board were an abject failure for being out of the top 6 77% of the time, and my point was that was a "par" score mathematically.

You currently criticise the the board for its lack of ambition and underachivement.  Rightly so.  That is not in doubt - starting in league on shows that.

But what have they done?  taken a Div 2 club (left there by chase) got it promoted and then relegated twice through lack of investment.

You compare them to Chase,  who took us from as established a Div 1 team as we have ever been,  gets us relegated and promoted regularly during his time with the club.  He leaves the club a league down from the start of his involvement.   Identical record I would say.

While he was at the helm we reach an unlikely to ever be seen again zenith with a 6 game european run (and another unbeatable record of the highest league finish with a negative goal difference).  Sadly his lack of investment, ambition and poor financial management mean we are relegated within 18 months of the euro run - just as membership of the premier league equated to winning the euro millions.  So, we were on the cusp of acheiving the fans aims only to fail through a lack of ambition and then financially implode. Again - does that not ring a bell?

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[quote user="Empty Mirror"]Of the 24 clubs currently in the Championship I would guess that 16 to 20 consider themselves "Premiership clubs" who are "on loan" to the Championship.   They can''t all go up.  No one has a divine right to go up.[/quote]

We are one of ten or so clubs in this league with the realistic potential to establish ourselves in the Prem. (just look at some of the gates this season for evidence).  We have no right to be in the Prem but i think we have a right to be regularly competing in the top end of this division- anything else is under-achievement- and what have we had for three seasons despite parachute payments, sell-outs and multi-million player sales?

Just getting to the last few games of the season with a realistic chance of the play-offs would constitute a welcome bit of hope and excitement, rather than the season being effectively "dead" with eight games to go, or the spectre of relegation haunting the club right up to the last few games.  Cardiff proved last season that a decent Champs side can get to a cup-final, whilst we have been appalling in the cups for years.  Supporters have every right to be p*ssed off about it.

[/quote]

Mr Carrow

What makes you think we have the potential to establish ourselves in the Prem?  In 50 seasons, only 17 (34%) were spent in the top flight, and 33 (66%) outside.  Thats not an established Prem side.

OK we get bigger attendances (and fill more of our stadium) than SOME prem clubs - but then so do Newcastle and Middlesboro

Yes a decent Champ side can get to the cup final - but we''ve never been there.  Ever.  In fact the ONLY decent cup runs we''ve had were 1959 (as a Div 3 side) and 1987 (when we were unlucky to meet a decent Everton side).  We also made the semis in 1991 when we lost to a LOWER LEAGUE side (Sunderland) which must be Delia''s fault - even though it was 6 years before she took over