Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 of 13 - and counting.

[quote]

But we must forgive those who so openly admit that they''re not quite the full ticket.

One love.

To the world![/quote]

Bly, you are forgiven.

I repeat.

The main players on the NCFC board have been in place since 1996.

I repeat.

City have failed to make the top 6 in the championship in 10 of the 13 seasons since relegation from the premiership in 1995.

I repeat.

This lack of competitiveness is a direct result of poor leadership by the board - of whatever transient composition - over the past 13 years.

I assert.

The time for excuses is over.

Better must come...........time for a change...............power to the people.

An'' baint thart be the truth bor!

OTBC

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]

But we must forgive those who so openly admit that they''re not quite the full ticket.

One love.

To the world![/quote]

Bly, you are forgiven.

[/quote]

Laurel and Hardy back from the grave?

Well, I never.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

''Fraid unreferenced essays like yours above would score F in academia -  maybe even have you drummed out.

But then, your evident familiarity with secondary moderns would explain your plight.

Come up with references and maybe then we''ll be able to referee and assess your assertions.

One love.

To the world!

OTBC

[/quote]

Meet the new board

Norwich City FC Barry Lockwood: New chairman, aged 58, joined the board in January 1986, becoming vice-chairman in December 1995. He is director of companies engaged in road haulage and warehousing. "I am delighted with the team we have round the boardroom table now. I have every confidence that we can now move onwards and upwards."

Roger Munby: New joint vice-chairman, aged 50, was appointed to the board in May 1996, having previously served from January 1986 to September 1987. He is managing director of his own marketing and market research company, SMRC Ltd, based in Norwich.

"I believe we have a winning combination. Vital continuity and experience from the past, operating with new principles.....an inspired team manager, a slim, dedicated and knowledgeable management team and staff support, and a new board dedicated to progress in the interests of our fans."

Martin Armstrong: New joint vice-chairman, aged 55, was also appointed to the board in May 1996. He is chief executive of the Norwich and Peterborough Building Society, the main sponsors of the club since the summer of 1992. He is chairman of the board''s finance committee.

"I''m delighted to welcome the new members to the board -- it''s a great moment for the club......When Roger and I came in May they were difficult times, and there remains a lot of work to be done. I remember meeting Mike Walker, and felt we shared a common vision of where the club could be in the future, and we are some of the way down that road. The first milestone was when Mike came back, the second is establishing this new board."

Gavin Paterson: Aged 66, was appointed to the board in January 1986. He farms in Norfolk and is a company director. "I think the club is taking a big step forward, and hopefully laying foundations which will stand us in good stead and allow to go forwards and upwards."

Delia Smith: Cookery expert, writer and broadcaster -- and probably the club''s best-known celebrity supporter. Lives near Stowmarket, in Suffolk and has for many years been a season ticket holder in the City Stand. "When I do something in my life I never go into it without a great deal of enthusiasm -- so watch this space!"

Michael Wynn Jones: Writer, publisher and editor of the Sainsburys Magazine, Britain''s top-selling monthly. Michael is Delia''s husband, and is a long-standing season ticket holder. "It really is a childhood dream. I have been coming here for 41 years -- I remember Charlie Billington playing at centre half in the first game I ever saw. Our job now is to support the manager, the supporters and the staff, and I know we are going to get to the Premier League within 18 months."

Michael Foulger: Managing director of Banham Poultry Produce, based in Attleborough. Banham Poultry and the Foulger family have supported the club for many years as season ticket holders, executive box holders and match sponsors. "I''m pleased to become part of this club -- my commitment is to this team, which I hope will be successful in its fight to get back into the Premier League."

Barry Skipper: Was until recently chief executive of the Favor Parker Group, and is currently on the boards of several companies, including Jarrolds in Norwich, and the Royal London Mutual Insurance Company. Barry is a long-standing member of City''s Ambassador''s Club, and lives in Wroxham.

"I''m delighted to be here. Mr Watling has already told me that being director of a football club is different from anything else -- it''s far more in the nature of a stewardship of something that belongs to the supporters."

Copyright © 1996 Eastern Counties Newspapers Group Ltd.

I repeat.

I repeat.

City have failed to make the top 6 in the championship in 10 of the 13 seasons since relegation from the premiership in 1995.

I repeat.

This lack of competitiveness is a direct result of poor leadership by the board - of whatever transient composition - over the past 13 years.

I assert.

OTBC

[/quote]So do you reject my assertion that when they took over, the club was in an appalling state, following relegation in 1995, and that failure to reach the top six in the years immediately following could not be ascribed directly to the new board?My view would be that the board did an excellent job rebuilding the club after near-bankruptcy, culminating in some successful seasons under Nigel Worthington. Some may feel relegation from the Premier League on the last day of the season was a disgraceful failure, others may say that newly-promoted teams usually stuggle and to take it to the last day was a reasonable achievement. Since relegation we have consistently failed to threaten the top six. Surely this third phase of the board''s tenure is the one we should be talking about?I will say it again: when you accuse the board of things that they are not responsible for (NCFC''s poor league performance between 1995 and 2000) you undermine any sane arguments you might have.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

''Fraid unreferenced essays like yours above would score F in academia -  maybe even have you drummed out.

But then, your evident familiarity with secondary moderns would explain your plight.

Come up with references and maybe then we''ll be able to referee and assess your assertions.

One love.

To the world!

OTBC

[/quote]

Meet the new board

Norwich City FC Barry Lockwood: New chairman, aged 58, joined the board in January 1986, becoming vice-chairman in December 1995. He is director of companies engaged in road haulage and warehousing. "I am delighted with the team we have round the boardroom table now. I have every confidence that we can now move onwards and upwards."

Roger Munby: New joint vice-chairman, aged 50, was appointed to the board in May 1996, having previously served from January 1986 to September 1987. He is managing director of his own marketing and market research company, SMRC Ltd, based in Norwich.

"I believe we have a winning combination. Vital continuity and experience from the past, operating with new principles.....an inspired team manager, a slim, dedicated and knowledgeable management team and staff support, and a new board dedicated to progress in the interests of our fans."

Martin Armstrong: New joint vice-chairman, aged 55, was also appointed to the board in May 1996. He is chief executive of the Norwich and Peterborough Building Society, the main sponsors of the club since the summer of 1992. He is chairman of the board''s finance committee.

"I''m delighted to welcome the new members to the board -- it''s a great moment for the club......When Roger and I came in May they were difficult times, and there remains a lot of work to be done. I remember meeting Mike Walker, and felt we shared a common vision of where the club could be in the future, and we are some of the way down that road. The first milestone was when Mike came back, the second is establishing this new board."

Gavin Paterson: Aged 66, was appointed to the board in January 1986. He farms in Norfolk and is a company director. "I think the club is taking a big step forward, and hopefully laying foundations which will stand us in good stead and allow to go forwards and upwards."

Delia Smith: Cookery expert, writer and broadcaster -- and probably the club''s best-known celebrity supporter. Lives near Stowmarket, in Suffolk and has for many years been a season ticket holder in the City Stand. "When I do something in my life I never go into it without a great deal of enthusiasm -- so watch this space!"

Michael Wynn Jones: Writer, publisher and editor of the Sainsburys Magazine, Britain''s top-selling monthly. Michael is Delia''s husband, and is a long-standing season ticket holder. "It really is a childhood dream. I have been coming here for 41 years -- I remember Charlie Billington playing at centre half in the first game I ever saw. Our job now is to support the manager, the supporters and the staff, and I know we are going to get to the Premier League within 18 months."

Michael Foulger: Managing director of Banham Poultry Produce, based in Attleborough. Banham Poultry and the Foulger family have supported the club for many years as season ticket holders, executive box holders and match sponsors. "I''m pleased to become part of this club -- my commitment is to this team, which I hope will be successful in its fight to get back into the Premier League."

Barry Skipper: Was until recently chief executive of the Favor Parker Group, and is currently on the boards of several companies, including Jarrolds in Norwich, and the Royal London Mutual Insurance Company. Barry is a long-standing member of City''s Ambassador''s Club, and lives in Wroxham.

"I''m delighted to be here. Mr Watling has already told me that being director of a football club is different from anything else -- it''s far more in the nature of a stewardship of something that belongs to the supporters."

[/quote]

Thanks NN, got any mug shots of ''em you could post here? I want to be able to fully recognise them if we lose the next couple of games.....

Our resident expert at polite smear campaigns strikes again.

Any time he''s in difficulties.

Just check.

One love.

To the world!

OTBC

[/quote]

You make a habit of putting disinformation on here though Babes. Usually in support of "yer mate Bob". In trying to defend him before you fed us disinformation about Craig Bellamy. And now you infer the decline to the bottom reaches of this league in the 90''s was down to the current board. The only smear campaign here is yours against those who run the club now. The only reason I stand against that smear campaign is because I have seen people take this disinformation from your posts and use it as fact. I can back up and reference every fact I have put on this thread. I can take you back in time and show you how “yer mate Bob” nearly ruined this club. I can give you the full background with references on how the damage was repaired, first by Geoffrey Watling, Barry Lockwood, Gordon Bennett and Martin Armstrong. And then, after Watling sold them his shares in 1998 by Smith & Jones’ board. There is no case to answer before 2005 and all fans were happy and even grateful to the board for getting us back and giving us a team to be proud of. The last three seasons there is a case to answer. There has been decline on the field and the buck stops with those responsible for that decline. “Yer mate Bob” doesn’t have a part in it either so why not concentrate on that?

But get this. Those who do not learn from their history are doomed to repeat their mistakes.

[/quote]And yet you have over 3,300 posts to your name?[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

I stick to my point that 10 finishes out of the top 6 in 13

successive seasons is pretty fair evidence that we have been

consistently uncompetitive since relegation in 1995.

[/quote]Competitive in the league would suggest a definition as: - does better than they would do if the league was run randomly.In a random league for eample P(top 1)=0.042  P(top 6) = 0.25, P(top half) = 0.5, P(bottom 6) = 0.25, P(bottom 3) = 0.215So we would expect, in the 12 championship seasons we would have been:champions 0.5 timesautomatically promoted (inc. champions) onceplayoffs twicetop 6 three timesPromoted 1.5 timesTop half: 6 timesBottom half: 6 timesBottom 6: 3 timesRelegated: 1.5 timesReality: (+/=/- shows where we are w.r.t. expectation)champions once +

automatically promoted (inc. champions) once =

playoffs once -

top 6 two times -

Relegated: 0 times -If someone would care to say where we finished in each season, I''d finish it but my memory aint that good.I''d say that while we have not been in the top 6 one time compared to chance the lack of 1.5 relegations makes up for this and suggests that we have been fairly conststant team and averaged just over half way up this league - which supports the competitive conclusion with the above definition.

[quote user="7rew"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

But get this. Those who do not learn from their history are doomed to repeat their mistakes.

[/quote]

And yet you have over 3,300 posts to your name?

I stick to my point that 10 finishes out of the top 6 in 13 successive seasons is pretty fair evidence that we have been consistently uncompetitive since relegation in 1995.

[/quote]

Competitive in the league would suggest a definition as: - does better than they would do if the league was run randomly.

In a random league for eample P(top 1)=0.042  P(top 6) = 0.25, P(top half) = 0.5, P(bottom 6) = 0.25, P(bottom 3) = 0.215

So we would expect, in the 12 championship seasons we would have been:
champions 0.5 times
automatically promoted (inc. champions) once
playoffs twice
top 6 three times
Promoted 1.5 times
Top half: 6 times
Bottom half: 6 times
Bottom 6: 3 times
Relegated: 1.5 times

Reality: (+/=/- shows where we are w.r.t. expectation)
champions once +
playoffs once -
top 6 two times -
Relegated: 0 times -

If someone would care to say where we finished in each season, I''d finish it but my memory aint that good.

I''d say that while we have not been in the top 6 one time compared to chance the lack of 1.5 relegations makes up for this and suggests that we have been fairly conststant team and averaged just over half way up this league - which supports the competitive conclusion with the above definition.

[/quote]

CLASSIC !

One love.

To the world!

OTBC

[/quote]

Meet the new board

[/quote]

Exactly as I said - and since you''re starting to shout, I''ll join in - ''the main players on the NCFC board have been in place since 1996.

Thanks for the additional reference.

You''re learning.

One love.

To the world!

OTBC

[quote user="Scooby"][quote user="7rew"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]

And yet you have over 3,300 posts to your name?

I stick to my point that 10 finishes out of the top 6 in 13 successive seasons is pretty fair evidence that we have been consistently uncompetitive since relegation in 1995.

[/quote]

Competitive in the league would suggest a definition as: - does better than they would do if the league was run randomly.

In a random league for eample P(top 1)=0.042  P(top 6) = 0.25, P(top half) = 0.5, P(bottom 6) = 0.25, P(bottom 3) = 0.215

So we would expect, in the 12 championship seasons we would have been:
champions 0.5 times
automatically promoted (inc. champions) once
playoffs twice
top 6 three times
Promoted 1.5 times
Top half: 6 times
Bottom half: 6 times
Bottom 6: 3 times
Relegated: 1.5 times

Reality: (+/=/- shows where we are w.r.t. expectation)
champions once +
playoffs once -
top 6 two times -
Relegated: 0 times -

If someone would care to say where we finished in each season, I''d finish it but my memory aint that good.

I''d say that while we have not been in the top 6 one time compared to chance the lack of 1.5 relegations makes up for this and suggests that we have been fairly conststant team and averaged just over half way up this league - which supports the competitive conclusion with the above definition.

[/quote]

CLASSIC !

[/quote]

So you think that to finish an average of what - 12/13th of 24? -  over a 13 year period is being competitive? You''re welcome to your self-satisfaction. Far too negative for me. Wishy-washy. 

Given City''s history over the 35-40 years prior to 1995, I prefer to set my sights higher - and 10 finishes outside the top 6 in 13 years just does not fit the bill in my view. Sorry. I prefer optimism and ambition in my life.

Better must come. Power to the people.

One love.

To the world!

OTBC

Our resident expert at polite smear campaigns strikes again.

Any time he''s in difficulties.

Just check.

One love.

To the world!

OTBC

[/quote]

You make a habit of putting disinformation on here though Babes. Usually in support of "yer mate Bob". In trying to defend him before you fed us disinformation about Craig Bellamy. And now you infer the decline to the bottom reaches of this league in the 90''s was down to the current board. The only smear campaign here is yours against those who run the club now. The only reason I stand against that smear campaign is because I have seen people take this disinformation from your posts and use it as fact. I can back up and reference every fact I have put on this thread. I can take you back in time and show you how “yer mate Bob” nearly ruined this club. I can give you the full background with references on how the damage was repaired, first by Geoffrey Watling, Barry Lockwood, Gordon Bennett and Martin Armstrong. And then, after Watling sold them his shares in 1998 by Smith & Jones’ board. There is no case to answer before 2005 and all fans were happy and even grateful to the board for getting us back and giving us a team to be proud of. The last three seasons there is a case to answer. There has been decline on the field and the buck stops with those responsible for that decline. “Yer mate Bob” doesn’t have a part in it either so why not concentrate on that?

[/quote]

Disinformation? Check your record on this thread alone.

You need to learn that facts are verifiable truths - not what you would wish them to be. And that opinions are just that - opinions.

Seems to me you''re stacking up a backlog of apologies, Eddie laddie.

From The Times (note date)

THE TIMES

December 23, 1997

DELIA SMITH BUYS A SLICE OF NORWICH CITY

BYLINE: PHILIP DELVES BROUGHTON

LENGTH: 429 words

WHILE the rest of the country turns to her Christmas recipes, Delia Smith has given herself a non-culinary treat: a plump shareholding in Norwich City Football Club.

She and her husband, Michael Wynn Jones, a publisher, have bought 42 per cent of the shares in the club, reckoned to have cost about Pounds 700,000. No more queueing for season tickets for them.

The couple, who live near Stowmarket in Suffolk, became directors of Norwich City in November 1996 after they lent the club Pounds 1 million, the interest on which was to be used for special club projects.

Better must come!

One love.

To the world!

OTBC

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

I repeat.

I repeat.

I repeat.

I assert.

OTBC

[/quote]

So do you reject my assertion that when they took over, the club was in an appalling state, following relegation in 1995, and that failure to reach the top six in the years immediately following could not be ascribed directly to the new board?

My view would be that the board did an excellent job rebuilding the club after near-bankruptcy, culminating in some successful seasons under Nigel Worthington. Some may feel relegation from the Premier League on the last day of the season was a disgraceful failure, others may say that newly-promoted teams usually stuggle and to take it to the last day was a reasonable achievement. Since relegation we have consistently failed to threaten the top six. Surely this third phase of the board''s tenure is the one we should be talking about?

I will say it again: when you accuse the board of things that they are not responsible for (NCFC''s poor league performance between 1995 and 2000) you undermine any sane arguments you might have.

[/quote]

Well, look at Wynn Jones'' assertion in 1997 (having been on the board since 1996) - 11 years ago.

(Source - a nigel nutty post on this thread)

One love.

To the world!

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Robert N. LiM"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

I repeat.

I repeat.

I repeat.

I assert.

OTBC

[/quote]So do you reject my assertion that when they took over, the club was in an appalling state, following relegation in 1995, and that failure to reach the top six in the years immediately following could not be ascribed directly to the new board?My view would be that the board did an excellent job rebuilding the club after near-bankruptcy, culminating in some successful seasons under Nigel Worthington. Some may feel relegation from the Premier League on the last day of the season was a disgraceful failure, others may say that newly-promoted teams usually stuggle and to take it to the last day was a reasonable achievement. Since relegation we have consistently failed to threaten the top six. Surely this third phase of the board''s tenure is the one we should be talking about?I will say it again: when you accuse the board of things that they are not responsible for (NCFC''s poor league performance between 1995 and 2000) you undermine any sane arguments you might have.[/quote]

Well, look at Wynn Jones'' assertion in 1997 (having been on the board since 1996) - 11 years ago.

(Source - a nigel nutty post on this thread)

One love.

To the world!

OTBC

[/quote]So do you reject my assertion that when they took over, the club was in

an appalling state, following relegation in 1995, and that failure to

reach the top six in the years immediately following could not be

ascribed directly to the new board?

Well well Bly. You''re still wriggling on the hook aren''t you old boy.

Yes it was actually Monday December 22nd 1997 when it was announced that Smith & Jones  had jointly purchased 84-year-old Mr Watling''s entire stake - comprising both the 34 per cent shareholding he bought from former chairman Robert Chase 19 months earlier, and the eight per cent of shares he already held.

It was Saturday 24th January 1998 when the club confirmed plans for a "one-for-one" rights issue which offered all existing shareholders the chance to buy one additional share for each one they already hold. It may interest those who like to put value to the clubs shares that at that time I believe they were valued at £18.50.

So there you go - all this is a long way from your claims, and that mischievous disinformation in Wikipedia, that it took place in 1996.

Would you like me to take you through each of your 13 seasons [:^)] Those early ones from the last century must be difficult for you as it''s more difficult to google from then.

But never mind, I know you will keep trying.

Maybe to carry on the tennis theme you should change your name to Evonne Googleon [:O]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Yes it was actually Monday December 22nd 1997 when it was announced that Smith & Jones  had jointly purchased 84-year-old Mr Watling''s entire stake - comprising both the 34 per cent shareholding he bought from former chairman Robert Chase 19 months earlier, and the eight per cent of shares he already held.

It was Saturday 24th January 1998 when the club confirmed plans for a "one-for-one" rights issue which offered all existing shareholders the chance to buy one additional share for each one they already hold. It may interest those who like to put value to the clubs shares that at that time I believe they were valued at £18.50.

So there you go - all this is a long way from your claims, and that mischievous disinformation in Wikipedia, that it took place in 1996.

Would you like me to take you through each of your 13 seasons [:^)] Those early ones from the last century must be difficult for you as it''s more difficult to google from then.

Maybe to carry on the tennis theme you should change your name to Evonne Googleon [:O]

[/quote]

If I make an error of fact I am what? ''Making stuff up'', ''Plotting against Auntie'', ''Peddling disinformation, blah blah blah...............zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

If you make an error of fact you get aggressively defensive and surround your faux pas with all kinds of irrelevancies in order to cover up and disguise the unmasking of ''he who knows everything''.

Your probem is that my diagnoses on the state of the club cut to the quick and stick in your craw, so you try every little trick in your armoury to discredit me. Usually I can''t be arsed beyond a point, but this time the world and his wife have been watching the truth is being revealed - bit by painful bit.

Do better than that Eddie.

Time for a change!      Better must come!     Power to the people!

One love.

From a proud ''59er. [:P]

To the world!

OTBC 

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

''One love'' a tennis theme?

Talk about disinformation and misleading the innocent. Dear oh dear oh dear!

If that''s too hard, you could try and unravel the mystery of ''To the world!'' and make something up about that too.

But.....

One love.

To the world!

OTBC

If I make an error of fact I am what? ''Making stuff up'', ''Plotting against Auntie'', ''Peddling disinformation, blah blah blah...............zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

If you make an error of fact you get aggressively defensive and surround your faux pas with all kinds of irrelevancies in order to cover up and disguise the unmasking of ''he who knows everything''.

Your probem is that my diagnoses on the state of the club cut to the quick and stick in your craw, so you try every little trick in your armoury to discredit me. Usually I can''t be arsed beyond a point, but this time the world and his wife have been watching the truth is being revealed - bit by painful bit.

One love.

To the world!

OTBC 

[/quote]

This would be all well and good, and even half believable, if it hadn''t been posted just a few hours after this post armed with the mischievous disinformation from Wikipedia ...

Humble pie time, methinks.

Game, set and match.

OTBC

[/quote]

If the world and his mother really do look at this little corner of the internet then it may be prudent[:O] to stop digging.

As it was in the beginning (One Love)
So shall it be in the end (One Heart)

Change is happening

Better is coming

From the heart not from google!

One love.

To the world!

OTBC 

[/quote]

This would be all well and good, and even half believable, if it hadn''t been posted just a few hours after this post armed with the mischievous disinformation from Wikipedia ...

Humble pie time, methinks.

Game, set and match.

OTBC

[/quote]

If the world and his mother really do look at this little corner of the internet then it may be prudent[:O] to stop digging.

As it was in the beginning (One Love)
So shall it be in the end (One Heart)

Change is happening

Better is coming

From the heart not from google!

[/quote]

Epitaph for one nigel nutty

''I who never googled''

And a smile cracked the lips of the world and his wife.

One love.

To the world!

OTBC 

I know that the Beijing games were quite spectacular Bly, but are you really intending to dig all the way there ?  China''s quite dull when there isn''t any athletics on, you know.

Don''t want to interfere in a private fight BUT

Assets increased under RC

Been sold off by present board

Highest league position under Chase

Nearly relegated to lowest division under this board

European football (should have been more than once) under Chase

Can''t even beat MKDons under this board

Better quality of players under Chase

******* under this board.

Chase manipulated out by this board.

Before anyone says we were nearly bust under Chase our assets way outstripped our liabilities only Barclays and an overdraft were his main downfall.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]I know that the Beijing games were quite spectacular Bly, but are you really intending to dig all the way there ?  China''s quite dull when there isn''t any athletics on, you know.[/quote]

And international Chinese food is better than Chinese Chinese food.

Very good blah, I must say. 10/10.

All we need now is for nigel to catch up. He''s probably searching amongst those tennis courts on Gorleston cliffs.

One love.

To the world!

OTBC 

I find it utterly ludicrous that Bly posts a statistical fact about our club''s dismal competitive performance in recent times, and 8 pages are filled with people attempting to demonstrate that black is actually white. A wonderfully pure distillation of apologism for all to behold.

Having said that Bly, you do yourself no favours. Please - it''s about time you jettisoned this painful misconception of yourself as "The Norwich Riddler".

[quote user="The Butler"]

Before anyone says we were nearly bust under Chase our assets way outstripped our liabilities only Barclays and an overdraft were his main downfall.

[/quote]

Oh dear.....

I see you''re really quite good at nutshells, Butler.

Watch out!!!!!!!!! Take cover!

One love.

To the world!

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

Oh dear.....

I see you''re really quite good at nutshells, Butler.

Watch out!!!!!!!!! Take cover!

One love.

To the world!

OTBC

[/quote]

There is lots more could be added Bly, like laying on special planes for fans NOT just for cronies.

Having a wage structure that rewarded success so people worked for their money (players included)

He did some daft things but all bad NO. Devious not realy. It was time for change but the re writting of history should only be done once those that lived it are gone

[quote user="Jim Duffy"]

I find it utterly ludicrous that Bly posts a statistical fact about our club''s dismal competitive performance in recent times, and 8 pages are filled with people attempting to demonstrate that black is actually white. A wonderfully pure distillation of apologism for all to behold.

Having said that Bly, you do yourself no favours. Please - it''s about time you jettisoned this painful misconception of yourself as "The Norwich Riddler".

[/quote]

I know Jim.

But it irritates some people and provokes good debate - sometimes.

And the truth will always out. Sooner or later

One love.

To the world!

OTBC

Ah, I see this old chestnut is still running as the King Troll knew it would when he started it. Truth is unless you support one of the big four disappointment is part of the package more often than not. The CCC is riddled with clubs whose supporters believe that success on a regular basis is theirs by right, in fact this stretches to League One where Leeds & Leicester both languish. What must it be to be a Forest supporter whose achievements far outstrip our Mickey Mouse ones in the 90''s. Or Coventry who haven''t troubled the play offs since losing their top level status after an unbroken stretch that we could only dream about. Or Wolves, Derby, Palace, Southampton, Sheffs U & W......need I go on.

[quote]

Before anyone says we were nearly bust under Chase our assets way outstripped our liabilities only Barclays and an overdraft were his main downfall.[/quote]

So what you''re saying is that not having the common sense or forward thinking to secure the financial future of the club was his main downfall.