Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 of 13 - and counting.

What about Mr Doncaster.....? Isn''t he responsible for some part of our ''stability''? A choice replacement for Mr Gordon. 

We have Eventguard. Where would we be without them?.....

From 2 bit legal advisor - to Chief Exec of NCFC. You''ve gotta be impressed!

Now, he''s down at that fine destitution/institution which is the FA, will he still be able to do FA whilst at Carra.....Too much responsibility, too many hot-phones singeing the earlobes......Lose focus on the primary task.

I apologise, if my comment''s are deemed ''unhelpful''.....

[quote user="Roedy the 5th Columnist"]

Whoops quite correct only ten out of eleven such failures can be attributed to Delias Board.
Chase 1 failure, Delia Smith 10 failures

We finished 16th in 1995-1996 didn''t we?

So Chase left us 16th in the division asset rich but £6m in debt on an overdraft and failed to get us promoted once, on the plus side he did leave us with a team worth many millions of pounds, certainly comfortably enough to cover our financial liabilities.
For this he was hounded out and is still regarded by many as the reason for the decline of our Club. You yourself hold him culpable for all bar the last three years NN.

And Delias record?

In 2008 we finished 18th in the league, one win from relegation, failed to get promoted for the tenth time, finished £35m in debt with a team worth just a few million £££''s probably enough to pay the interest on our finncial liabilities alone for a year or so and having to borrow money to loan players for the 08-09 season.
I know you like your facts NN, it''s just beyond me how when presented with them you can continue to argue so valiantly in Delias favour.

So if Chase''s ''dismal'' record of one failure to win promotion and an easily covered six mill debt is enough for him to be portrayed as the devil incarnate in respect of this club just where do you honestly think Delias tenure will appear in the history books in years to come ?

If Chase put us into a decline which took nearly 10 years to arrest, how long will it take to repair the far greater damage done under Smith or do you simply move the goalposts when comparing the like for like records of the two?

[/quote]

Now not content with joining Bly in trying to rewrite the history books you move on to rewriting my posts to suit your agenda. At no point did I say that Chase was culpable for anything other than the state he left behind in 1996. In fact I don’t hold him totally culpable for that, but you and Bly holding Smith & Jones culpable is laughable.

Now I don’t know if you read my post about 95/96 but 57 points from 46 games in this league just two years after those glorious European days is a gigantic fall from grace. As is the financial state the club was left in. Ipswich did something similar a few years later and took the cowards way out going into administration but our club, to their eternal credit, put their house in order without ripping off local businesses on the way. The multi-million pound players left behind by Chase is also a figment of your imagination I’m afraid. This was the team he left : Marshall, Sutch, Ullathorne, Mills, Polston, Prior, Adams, Fleck, Cureton, Milligan, Goss. While most of those players from 2 years before were long gone.

However, if you think that after that season ends we started with a clean slate in 96/97 you have very little understanding of what went on in those days. I am guessing you didn’t witness those years as a fan and of course “googleing information” from that far back is not easy. Maybe you would be better served by fighting your battle on another thread entitled 1,2,3 years and counting because that is where others will find it difficult to argue that Smith and Jones are responsible for the league position of the club. I’m sorry if this sounds patronising but in truth not sorry enough to stop making sure that the past is not mis-represented on here because the truth is important to me. And I believe the way our great club recovered from that to make real challenges to get promoted, and finally getting promoted as Champions so emphatically, is something to be proud of and certainly nothing to be ashamed of.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

Is there any chance of you dropping the One Love crap, Bly?

It''s terribly Sixties and we are now on the verge of September 2008.

Presumably you''d like me to pass on your one love to the world! between Russia and Georgia?

[:|]

[/quote]

One love.

BBC Anthem of the Millenium.

From Bob Marley''s 1977 Exodus - Time Magazine''s Album of the Century

No. I don''t think I''ll drop it, Camul. Perhaps the good people of Russia and Georgia would like to hold on to his lyrics like most of the world - including the people of Serbia who have just erected and unveiled a statue in Bobs'' memory.

To refresh your spirit in 2008, here we go.............

ONE LOVE

One Love, One Heart
Let''s get together and feel all right
Hear the children crying (One Love)
Hear the children crying (One Heart)
Sayin'' give thanks and praise to the Lord and I will feel all right
Sayin'' let''s get together and feel all right

Let them all pass all their dirty remarks (One Love)
There is one question I''d really like to ask (One Heart)
Is there a place for the hopeless sinner
Who has hurt all mankind just to save his own?
Believe me

One Love, One Heart
As it was in the beginning (One Love)
So shall it be in the end (One Heart)
Give thanks and praise to the Lord and I will feel all right
One more thing

Let''s get together to fight this Holy Armageddon (One Love)
So when the Man comes there will be no no doom (One Song)
Have pity on those whose chances grove thinner
There ain''t no hiding place from the Father of Creation

Sayin'' One Love, One Heart
I''m pleading to mankind (One Love)
Oh Lord (One Heart)

Nutty knows it and, I daresay, likes it (don''t let him fool you about tennis).

Why not you?

One love.

To the world!

OTBC

[/quote]

I would have thought you would be quoting ''No Woman No Cry''

[quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

Presumably you''d like me to pass on your one love to the world! between Russia and Georgia?

[/quote]

One love.

No. I don''t think I''ll drop it, Camul. Perhaps the good people of Russia and Georgia would like to hold on to his lyrics like most of the world - including the people of Serbia who have just erected and unveiled a statue in Bobs'' memory.

ONE LOVE

One Love, One Heart

Believe me

One Love, One Heart
One more thing

Oh Lord (One Heart)

Why not you?

One love.

To the world!

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

But Wazzy, I''m saving that for ''you know when''..................[:)]

OTBC

[quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

One love.

ONE LOVE

One Love, One Heart

Believe me

One Love, One Heart
One more thing

Oh Lord (One Heart)

Why not you?

One love.

To the world!

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

But Wazzy, I''m saving that for ''you know when''..................[:)]

OTBC

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Whoops quite correct only ten out of eleven such failures can be attributed to Delias Board.

So Chase left us 16th in the division asset rich but £6m in debt on an overdraft and failed to get us promoted once, on the plus side he did leave us with a team worth many millions of pounds, certainly comfortably enough to cover our financial liabilities.
For this he was hounded out and is still regarded by many as the reason for the decline of our Club. You yourself hold him culpable for all bar the last three years NN.

And Delias record?

In 2008 we finished 18th in the league, one win from relegation, failed to get promoted for the tenth time, finished £35m in debt with a team worth just a few million £££''s probably enough to pay the interest on our finncial liabilities alone for a year or so and having to borrow money to loan players for the 08-09 season.
I know you like your facts NN, it''s just beyond me how when presented with them you can continue to argue so valiantly in Delias favour.

So if Chase''s ''dismal'' record of one failure to win promotion and an easily covered six mill debt is enough for him to be portrayed as the devil incarnate in respect of this club just where do you honestly think Delias tenure will appear in the history books in years to come ?

If Chase put us into a decline which took nearly 10 years to arrest, how long will it take to repair the far greater damage done under Smith or do you simply move the goalposts when comparing the like for like records of the two?

[/quote]

Now not content with joining Bly in trying to rewrite the history books you move on to rewriting my posts to suit your agenda. At no point did I say that Chase was culpable for anything other than the state he left behind in 1996. In fact I don’t hold him totally culpable for that, but you and Bly holding Smith & Jones culpable is laughable.

Now I don’t know if you read my post about 95/96 but 57 points from 46 games in this league just two years after those glorious European days is a gigantic fall from grace. As is the financial state the club was left in. Ipswich did something similar a few years later and took the cowards way out going into administration but our club, to their eternal credit, put their house in order without ripping off local businesses on the way. The multi-million pound players left behind by Chase is also a figment of your imagination I’m afraid. This was the team he left : Marshall, Sutch, Ullathorne, Mills, Polston, Prior, Adams, Fleck, Cureton, Milligan, Goss. While most of those players from 2 years before were long gone.

However, if you think that after that season ends we started with a clean slate in 96/97 you have very little understanding of what went on in those days. I am guessing you didn’t witness those years as a fan and of course “googleing information” from that far back is not easy. Maybe you would be better served by fighting your battle on another thread entitled 1,2,3 years and counting because that is where others will find it difficult to argue that Smith and Jones are responsible for the league position of the club. I’m sorry if this sounds patronising but in truth not sorry enough to stop making sure that the past is not mis-represented on here because the truth is important to me. And I believe the way our great club recovered from that to make real challenges to get promoted, and finally getting promoted as Champions so emphatically, is something to be proud of and certainly nothing to be ashamed of.

[/quote]

Smear........yawwwwwn...............smear............yawnn..........smear..........ZZzzzzzzzzzz. And so it goes on and on and on and on............

Smith, Wynn Jones and Munby have been on the board of NCFC since 1996.............and you say they are not responsible for our persistent uncompetitiveness.............and my holding them culpable is laughable.

Do you remember, for example, Wynn Jones trumpeting in 1997 that City would be back in the Prem within 18 months?

The world and his wife have watched and decided.

And you have been found wanting.

Even your supporters have faded away; embarrassed like Auntie and Uncle should be.

But you mean well - of that I''m sure.

One love.

To the world!

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

And Delias record?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Smear........yawwwwwn...............smear............yawnn..........smear..........ZZzzzzzzzzzz. And so it goes on and on and on and on............

Smith, Wynn Jones and Munby have been on the board of NCFC since 1996.............and you say they are not responsible for our persistent uncompetitiveness.............and my holding them culpable is laughable.

Do you remember, for example, Wynn Jones trumpeting in 1997 that City would be back in the Prem within 18 months?

Even your supporters have faded away; embarrassed like Auntie and Uncle should be.

One love.

To the world!

OTBC

[/quote]

I see you are still spinning and wriggling and moving your portable goalposts all over this thread. I am beginning to believe that Cam could be right about your purpose on this message board [:O]

Your original post - your stated timespan - your tiresome smear campaign [|-)]

Can you and your 5th columnist disciple, finally admit that "persons of the owners and the board, who are clinging on to power for dear life" have nothing to be embarrassed about in "season 1" in your list (95\96) and then we can move on to "season 2" (96/97).

You won''t ever find the truth about the 90''s through googling or Wikipedia Bly. It''s far better to have been a fan at the time so you can trust your memory and it helps to have the reference on hand in case some of it has faded over the years.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

And Delias record?

[/quote]

[/quote]

One love.

To the world!

OTBC

[/quote]

I see you are still spinning and wriggling and moving your portable goalposts all over this thread. I am beginning to believe that Cam could be right about your purpose on this message board [:O]

Your original post - your stated timespan - your tiresome smear campaign [|-)]

Can you and your 5th columnist disciple, finally admit that "persons of the owners and the board, who are clinging on to power for dear life" have nothing to be embarrassed about in "season 1" in your list (95\96) and then we can move on to "season 2" (96/97).

You won''t ever find the truth about the 90''s through googling or Wikipedia Bly. It''s far better to have been a fan at the time so you can trust your memory and it helps to have the reference on hand in case some of it has faded over the years.

[/quote]

Dear oh dear oh dear.

You really have revealed yourself on this thread.

And the world and his wife have seen.

And you are now morphing your polite smear campaign into something distinctly less polite.

zzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

One love. Still.

To the world!

OTBC

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Now not content with joining Bly in trying to rewrite the history books you move on to rewriting my posts to suit your agenda. At no point did I say that Chase was culpable for anything other than the state he left behind in 1996. In fact I don’t hold him totally culpable for that, but you and Bly holding Smith & Jones culpable is laughable. [/quote]I disagree Nigel, you exonerate the current board for everything prior to three years ago and make the excuse that they first had to clear up the mess they inherited. [quote user="nutty nigel"]

Now I don’t know if you read my post about 95/96 but 57 points from 46 games in this league just two years after those glorious European days is a gigantic fall from grace. As is the financial state the club was left in. Ipswich did something similar a few years later and took the cowards way out going into administration but our club, to their eternal credit, put their house in order without ripping off local businesses on the way.  [/quote]

My point exactly 55 points from 46 games and £35 million in debt is an ever poorer return expecially when you''ve had vastly more income, 10,000 extra fans per week and twelve years to mould the club.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]The multi-million pound players left behind by Chase is

also a figment of your imagination I’m afraid. This was the team he

left : Marshall, Sutch, Ullathorne, Mills, Polston, Prior, Adams,

Fleck, Cureton, Milligan, Goss. While most of those players from 2

years before were long gone.
[/quote]Of course we did make a mill on Mills albeit as the result of sell-on clauses.I notice you omit the following players from your list, is this because they patently do not conform to the argument you are trying to project?Craig Bellamy. pretty sure we got a few quid for him what was it now £6.5 million quids?Keith O''Neill a player valued at £4m at the time. That we didn''t get much more than around £3/4m was simply bad luck.Darren Eadie We got a few years mileage and £3m for Eadie.The forgotten man Andy Johnson £2.2m to Forest in July 1997We also let a few of the big earners go on frees to save wages.As memory is so important here''s a little test.Q. What do the following players have in common?GunnBowenNewmanGossCrookEadiePriorUllathorneAkinbiyiA. They all played in the UEFA cup for Norwich AND were still at the Club when Chase left.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]However, if you think that after that season ends we started with a clean slate in 96/97 you have very little understanding of what went on in those days. I am guessing you didn’t witness those years as a fan and of course “googleing information” from that far back is not easy.[/quote]Cheap shot I expect better

[quote user="nutty nigel"]  promoted as Champions so emphatically, is something to be proud of and certainly nothing to be ashamed of.

[/quote]And I''ll leave you with a little food for thought.What do you think might have happened if Chase had had the benefit of millions of pounds in parachute payments when his team were relegated from the Premiership? Do you think he would have squandered whoops I mean "budgeted for " them the way Delia did?

Again you rewrite my posts into points I wasn''t making. At no point have I ever exonerated the board or blamed what was left behind by Chase for future failings. My point is that I don''t believe there was much for them to be embarrassed about for most of the years in the 90''s. For the first 3 seasons in Bly''s stated timespan it''s strange how the club owner for that period is (rightly) treated as a hero and yet those who worked with him to put the club back on track should be embarrassed for their part. I am happy to debate each season on it''s merits but you and Bly refuse to do that so it''s becoming tiresome in the extreme. Season one of thirteen was before any of the current board of directors were on the board, if we can finally agree that those clinging on to power now have nothing to be embarrassed about maybe we can move on and debate season two.

The team I listed was the team that we fielded as Chase walked out of the club. Craig Bellamy hadn''t got anywhere near playing for us at that time and didn''t start a game for us until 2 seasons later. At the time Keith O''Niell certainly wasn''t worth 4m and was usually a sub and in fact Shaun Carey was picked in front of him in our penultimate game that season. You can rest assured that had O''Neill, Eadie, Bellamy and Akinbiyi been worth millions in March 1996 they would have been sold from under us. Mark Bowen, Ian Crook and Jeremy Goss all left the club at the same time as Chase although ''Chippy'' later came back rather than sell his soul to the devil!

My comment wasn''t meant to be a cheap shot. I am recounting things to you that I witnessed and I can back each one up if neccessary. I stand by my comments that reliable information from those days is not easy to come by on the internet as is proved earlier in the thread when Bly wanted me to "eat humble pie" because he had uncovered some disinformation on Wikipedia.

Your last point is not relevant my friend. Bly is quite adamant about his timescale on this thread. Anyway, there are no facts to back up what Chase may or may not have done in hypothetical circumstances. And further more I didn''t think we were in disagreement about the years where we had parachute payments. It''s the previous 10 where I am in disagreement with you and Bly.

There was only ever going to be one outcome Wazzy, a bit like putting Jon Thaxton in the ring with Muhamed Ali. What chance does a poor, lightweight have?  [:^)]

[quote user="1st Wazzock"]If you''ve lost interest Bly, I''ll have to declare Nutty the winner.[/quote]

Well, you''d be wrong on two counts then wouldn''t you, Wazzy.

Just that I''m very busy workwise these days and it takes considerable time and energy to deal with nutty when he''s on a roll defending Auntie to the bitter end. But, he''s trying to hang on by his fingertips, so one of these days............

One love.

To the world!

OTBC

[quote user="lappinitup"]There was only ever going to be one outcome Wazzy, a bit like putting Jon Thaxton in the ring with Muhamed Ali. What chance does a poor, lightweight have?  [:^)][/quote]

I presume you get The Sun each day and look at the pictures. Or is it The Star''

Dear oh dear oh dear.

One love.

To the world!

OTBC

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Bly questioning the intellectual capacity of another poster is akin to Forrest Gump shouting "Retard!" at people...[/quote]

Metripolitan. Intellect.

Ho, ho, ho.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="lappinitup"]There was only ever going to be one outcome Wazzy, a bit like putting Jon Thaxton in the ring with Muhamed Ali. What chance does a poor, lightweight have?  [:^)][/quote]I presume you get The Sun each day and look at the pictures. Or is it The Star''

Dear oh dear oh dear.

One love.

To the world!

OTBC[/quote]Very poor effort Bly, must try harder. More concentration needed.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]

Bloody auto-filter won''t let me use the word I want to... okay, its along the lines of "idiot"...

[/quote]

The filter doesn''t like people abusing themselves.

One love.

To the world!

OTBC

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="lappinitup"]There was only ever going to be one outcome Wazzy, a bit like putting Jon Thaxton in the ring with Muhamed Ali. What chance does a poor, lightweight have?  [:^)][/quote]I presume you get The Sun each day and look at the pictures. Or is it The Star''

Dear oh dear oh dear.

One love.

To the world!

OTBC[/quote]Very poor effort Bly, must try harder. More concentration needed.

[/quote]

Can''t get enough of it, eh Lap?

One love.

To the world!

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

They remind me of Jim Callagan and Neil Kinnock - we need a Margaret Thatcher to shake up the foundations and re-engender belief.

OTBC

[/quote]

Poor analogy since Thatcher sold off all the country''s assets to the rich and wrecked the country''s manufacturing infrastructure.  If you want the club to be competitive, it needs investment.

A club the fanbase of Norwich should be competitive within the top half of the Championship regardless of investment.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

They remind me of Jim Callagan and Neil Kinnock - we need a Margaret Thatcher to shake up the foundations and re-engender belief.

OTBC

[/quote]

Poor analogy since Thatcher sold off all the country''s assets to the rich and wrecked the country''s manufacturing infrastructure.  If you want the club to be competitive, it needs investment.

[/quote]

I''ve missed Bly and his constant trawaling through old posts and then new ones with a simple question or statement. God bless you son, god bless you.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]I''ve missed Bly and his constant trawaling through old posts and then new ones with a simple question or statement. God bless you son, god bless you.[/quote]

He alternates between "dear oh dear" and something he has cut''n''pasted from the Times Online. Still, every village needs an idiot.

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]I''ve missed Bly and his constant trawaling through old posts and then new ones with a simple question or statement. God bless you son, god bless you.[/quote]

He alternates between "dear oh dear" and something he has cut''n''pasted from the Times Online. Still, every village needs an idiot.

[/quote]

Lol. One love.

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

[/quote]

Who''s the idiot? The perpetrator? Or, the one who continually rises to it?

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Here you are Mello......not quite the finished article, but a biscuit in the making.

We are a championship club......................

Bugger - The stats add up to a true reflection of what we are..........................

One trip to the premiership..............

One trip o the 3d tier...............

Nothing surprising there......

Bit of a boring post with no eaning me thinks!

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

But he''s a constant source of amusement, If everyone ignored him then he might go away, we don''t want that do we? Lets face it, without the characters on here it would not be worth visiting.