Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 of 13 - and counting.

[quote user="The Butler"]

Don''t want to interfere in a private fight BUT

Assets increased under RC

Been sold off by present board

Highest league position under Chase

Nearly relegated to lowest division under this board

European football (should have been more than once) under Chase

Can''t even beat MKDons under this board

Better quality of players under Chase

******* under this board.

Chase manipulated out by this board.

Before anyone says we were nearly bust under Chase our assets way outstripped our liabilities only Barclays and an overdraft were his main downfall.

[/quote]

Where as everything you say is true Butler the problem is the timespan. Bly was quite adament that he wanted to talk about the previous 13 seasons. If we talk about the years between 1986 and 1994 then everything you say about Chase and the comparisons are spot on. But if we are talking about the years between 1994 and 1996 you will see that Robert Chase and his board were responsible for the biggest fall from grace this football club has taken in the 40+ years I have supported them. The following 2 seasons were a rescue package with people like Martin Armstrong, Barry Lockwood and Gordon Bennett helping "save the club" for us and for Geoffrey Watling who stumped up the cash to keep the wolves from the door.  The following six seasons saw the club recover to the point of reaching the play-off final and 2 years later getting promoted back to the Premiership as Champions. So yes, there is a case to answer by the current board for the decline since are relegation in 2005, but that''s not what Bly''s thread was all about.

And to those brand me an apologist because I don''t blindly accept Bly''s facts and the disinformation that has found it''s way onto Wikipedia, will only make me more determined to have the truth on this board.

It is one thing to have an opinion that the board have taken the club as far as they can and to want them gone. But it''s quite another thing to rewrite history to suit an agenda. I said earlier in this thread that the reason this matters to me is because other people then take this information and use it as fact elsewhere. The disinformation on Wikipedia being used on here is an example of that.

The truth is important to me Mr Duffy and I make no apology for saying it.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]

Before anyone says we were nearly bust under Chase our assets way outstripped our liabilities only Barclays and an overdraft were his main downfall.[/quote]

So what you''re saying is that not having the common sense or forward thinking to secure the financial future of the club was his main downfall.

[/quote]

No. Even within the maelstrom of abuse accompanying relegation he made the masterful decision to appoint Martin O''Neill as manager. I think his main downfall was in misjudging the mood of the notoriously headstrong O''Neill. If he had allowed O''Neill to sign Dean Windass it is very likely that promotion that season or the next would have been the reward - just look at the whole situation and O''Neills managerial record (and standing as a player with City fans).

One love.

To the world!

OTBC

[quote user="BigFish"]Ah, I see this old chestnut is still running as the King Troll knew it would when he started it. Truth is unless you support one of the big four disappointment is part of the package more often than not. The CCC is riddled with clubs whose supporters believe that success on a regular basis is theirs by right, in fact this stretches to League One where Leeds & Leicester both languish. What must it be to be a Forest supporter whose achievements far outstrip our Mickey Mouse ones in the 90''s. Or Coventry who haven''t troubled the play offs since losing their top level status after an unbroken stretch that we could only dream about. Or Wolves, Derby, Palace, Southampton, Sheffs U & W......need I go on.
[/quote]

I see bigfish is blue today.

And also one-eyed methinks.

There''s a lot of  ''us'' laguishing in the Prem these days too.

One love.

To the world!

OTBC

The truth matters to me Nutty that''s why I hate seeing Chase pilloried all the time.

He last period of time as chairman was not good but as you say had Barclays not had another agenda and funds would have allowed Windass then "history" would be different

The truth matters to me Nutty that''s why I hate seeing Chase pilloried all the time.

He last period of time as chairman was not good but as you say had Barclays not had another agenda and funds would have allowed Windass then "history" would be different

[/quote]

I''ve highlighted the key word here, its'' gone, unless you live in it, and, keep trawling  it up.

[/quote]

So why didn''t he just move the debt to another bank ? 

[quote user="BigFish"]Or Coventry who haven''t troubled the play offs since losing their top level status after an unbroken stretch that we could only dream about. Or Wolves, Derby, Palace, Southampton, Sheffs U & W......need I go on.
[/quote]

You''re like the man from Pizza Hut saying "at least we''re not McDonalds - now there''s unhealthy food". Or the man who murders someone pointing to other murders as evidence that, "well, that''s just what happens."

For the last time. The failure of other clubs doesnt excuse our own.

[quote user="Jim Duffy"]

[quote user="BigFish"]Or Coventry who haven''t troubled the play offs since losing their top level status after an unbroken stretch that we could only dream about. Or Wolves, Derby, Palace, Southampton, Sheffs U & W......need I go on.
[/quote]

You''re like the man from Pizza Hut saying "at least we''re not McDonalds - now there''s unhealthy food". Or the man who murders someone pointing to other murders as evidence that, "well, that''s just what happens."

[/quote]

Gretna!......What about Gretna?.....Sleeping giants they woz! Now looka ''em! Finished! Mr Doncaster was right!

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Jim Duffy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Gretna!......What about Gretna?.....Sleeping giants they woz! Now looka ''em! Finished! Mr Doncaster was right!

[/quote]

Of course, bigger names than them have fallen by the way-side in England, but we forget about them because it takes 2 or 3 seasons of gradual decline before they sink out of view.  Oxford, Cambridge, Wimbledon, York, others have gone into admin and then come out again - Ipswich, Leicester (twice I think), 40 + clubs into administration in the last 15 years.  Stop me if I''m bor - oh, sorry, I am.

[/quote]

Yes indeed Butler. And when posters rewrite history to discredit Robert Chase I defend it in the same way. However, the whole purpose of this thread, and obvious from the opening post, was to discredit the current board for the fall from grace which came about from mistakes made at a time they had no connection with the club whatsoever.

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]

Newcastle owners, you have won nothing in over 50 years, hold your heads in shame. 

[/quote]

Not quite true. Whilst managing Newcastle, Roeder won them the 2006 Intertoto Cup. This made Roeder the first manager to win a trophy for Newcastle since 1969. [:D]

[quote user="Jim Duffy"]

[quote user="BigFish"]Or Coventry who haven''t troubled the play offs since losing their top level status after an unbroken stretch that we could only dream about. Or Wolves, Derby, Palace, Southampton, Sheffs U & W......need I go on.[/quote]

[/quote]These are not excuses, it is called perspective. Dead easy to carp on about everything that is wrong  but you don''t explain what can be done to put it right. This is mainly because you don''t have a clue what to do (except look for a big handout from a billionaire & Mandaric''s millions got Leicester relegated).It is down to Roeder and the team now. It will be on the pitch that this gets sorted or not - not the boardroom.

[quote user="BigFish"][quote user="Jim Duffy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

These are not excuses, it is called perspective. Dead easy to carp on about everything that is wrong  but you don''t explain what can be done to put it right. This is mainly because you don''t have a clue what to do (except look for a big handout from a billionaire & Mandaric''s millions got Leicester relegated).

It is down to Roeder and the team now. It will be on the pitch that this gets sorted or not - not the boardroom.
[/quote]

You''re not going to apportion a teeny-weeny bit of blame on the board then? Eh? Go on, just a minuscule half-gripe, that the board should take a micro bit of the blame.......Oh, but you just can''t bring yourself to do it, can you? You and the rest of the board sympathising apologists, you just can''t bring yourselves to do it.....All callin'' it a glass half-full attitude! You are the reason this board of Directionless are still ruling the roost....Cock-a-doodle-do! 

Yep, we get what we accept, when we accept what we''ve got....HO HUM!

Who gives a baboon''s bright red raw backside (another mello anal fixation) what Leicester, Gretna, Saints or Mile Cross veteran 1st eleven have spent, lost, gained or washed away down the swanny? Pathetic excuses, and we all shuffle our feet!

Now Bly you are such a sweet and lovely old darling . I was reading your posts from a year ago , you can see that I cant get enough of your posts , if Bly has a post I have to read it , even from a year ago . One thing that struck me was that over the last year you have become angry , indeed more than angry, you have become almost bitter towards your fellow Norwich City supporters . A year ago you were quite benevolent and nearly kind to your fellow City fans .

I ask myself why? , Why this change ? what has happened ? I have my own theory on this and I think I have it correct . Now Bly you lovely old sweetheart if I could just run this past you . I know in your part of the world you have this voodoo and mumbo jumbo taking part daily , Now I am going to talk "Jack Blunt" Bly have you been bitten by a Zombie? is this the reason for the change in you?

Thinking about this I don''t honestly know how I would get on over there where you live with those lovely old boys getting out of their graves every so often . How on earth can I be expected to price a funeral ? Now Bly do those old boys go back to their graves on their own accord or would I be expected to bury them again ? I think the whole job would become ridiculous with those old boys getting in out of their graves when ever the calling came . No doubt arrdee would get the blame with the locals , they would all be saying "that arrdee was never any good he ain''t burying  those lovely old boys deep enough" , So I think I will stay in Norfolk as tempting as those sun kissed beaches may be and of course you never know when a lovely old zombie is going to lift his head out of the grave....[:D]....arrdee. 

[quote user="arrdee"]

Now Bly you are such a sweet and lovely old darling . I was reading your posts from a year ago , you can see that I cant get enough of your posts , if Bly has a post I have to read it , even from a year ago . One thing that struck me was that over the last year you have become angry , indeed more than angry, you have become almost bitter towards your fellow Norwich City supporters . A year ago you were quite benevolent and nearly kind to your fellow City fans .

I ask myself why? , Why this change ? what has happened ? I have my own theory on this and I think I have it correct . Now Bly you lovely old sweetheart if I could just run this past you . I know in your part of the world you have this voodoo and mumbo jumbo taking part daily , Now I am going to talk "Jack Blunt" Bly have you been bitten by a Zombie? is this the reason for the change in you?

Thinking about this I don''t honestly know how I would get on over there where you live with those lovely old boys getting out of their graves every so often . How on earth can I be expected to price a funeral ? Now Bly do those old boys go back to their graves on their own accord or would I be expected to bury them again ? I think the whole job would become ridiculous with those old boys getting in out of their graves when ever the calling came . No doubt arrdee would get the blame with the locals , they would all be saying "that arrdee was never any good he ain''t burying  those lovely old boys deep enough" , So I think I will stay in Norfolk as tempting as those sun kissed beaches may be and of course you never know when a lovely old zombie is going to lift his head out of the grave....[:D]....arrdee. 

[/quote]

I ran the funeral problem past my brother who, as I believe you know, is in the same line of business (no competition to you, Cambridge Fens and West Suffolk he).  He suggests a contract whereby they are contractually obliged to come back to you if they leave their original and subsequent graves.  He suggests, to make the scheme appear more palatable, that you offer a small discount on subsequent reburials but also that if you see any evidence of Zombie-ism in either the deceased or their relatives you price the first job accordingly.  He also suggests that "making good the original interment site" would not be an unreasonable charge, the cost of labour being what it is these days.

He also suggested that Zombei-ism might be of benefit to the smaller firms as he feels quite sure that the Co-operative Society computer will long ago have lost track of who they buried where.........

It''s not a story I''d post on this board but he actually had this once with a "Removal of Remains" to Scotland.

[8-|]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

Yes indeed Butler. And when posters rewrite history to discredit Robert Chase I defend it in the same way. However, the whole purpose of this thread, and obvious from the opening post, was to discredit the current board for the fall from grace which came about from mistakes made at a time they had no connection with the club whatsoever.

[/quote]

Nutty. For the last time - the main players on the NCFC board today were also on the board in 1996, 12 years ago. 

This was proven conclusively on this thread - and reluctantly admitted by you.

And they shouldn''t be embarrassed or held substantially culpable?

Come off it. Do better than that.

One love.

To the world!

OTBC

[quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

I''ve highlighted the key word here, its'' gone, unless you live in it, and, keep trawling  it up.

[/quote]

Yesterday is history, Wazzy.

Those who fail to learn from their history are condemned to repeat it.

Or stupid.

One love.

To the world!

OTBC

[quote user="arrdee"]

[/quote]

You have a very active imagination rd.

Strategising to divert the debate on this thread and save Eddie from his own grave maybe?

You know - good ole boys ''an all that jazz?

Maybe our friend on the way from London to Ipswich could get you on The Sun as their zombie correspondent? Peas in a pod. Would seem a good three way fit to me.

One love.

To the world!

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Nutty. For the last time - the main players on the NCFC board today were also on the board in 1996, 12 years ago. 

One love.

To the world!

OTBC

[/quote]

Why should those various people who were on the board between 1996 and 2005 be embarrassed about anything? They came in at a time the previous board had dragged the club down to its lowest level for 25 years then managed turn things around and take the club back to the Premier League.

For the decline since 2005 however they surely are substantially culpable.

I''m beginning to feel what Neil Adams must have felt that day Barry called him[:^)]

I know you are not stupid so why do you keep digging.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][

save Eddie from his own grave maybe?

[/quote]

The only thing that bugs me about you using my name on here Babes is that I can''t understand why a longstanding city fan like yourself would spend time reading about the Free Bet and never leave a selection to help the club [:|]

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="arrdee"]

[/quote]

I ran the funeral problem past my brother who, as I believe you know, is in the same line of business (no competition to you, Cambridge Fens and West Suffolk he).  He suggests a contract whereby they are contractually obliged to come back to you if they leave their original and subsequent graves.  He suggests, to make the scheme appear more palatable, that you offer a small discount on subsequent reburials but also that if you see any evidence of Zombie-ism in either the deceased or their relatives you price the first job accordingly.  He also suggests that "making good the original interment site" would not be an unreasonable charge, the cost of labour being what it is these days.

He also suggested that Zombei-ism might be of benefit to the smaller firms as he feels quite sure that the Co-operative Society computer will long ago have lost track of who they buried where.........

It''s not a story I''d post on this board but he actually had this once with a "Removal of Remains" to Scotland.

[8-|]

[/quote]

Yes Cam thank you for that sound advise and thank your brother too , I think the problem would be , as you say "if I see any evidence of Zombie-ism in the deceased" well apparently they show no signs of anything untoward and its no good standing at the graveside having performed my duties with reverence and dignity only to hear the relatives shouting at the grave "see you next week Tom" I think my world would collapse having charged the standard fee . I think I will stick to Norfolk those Zombies could put me out of business....arrdee.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

One love.

To the world!

OTBC

[/quote]

Why should those various people who were on the board between 1996 and 2005 be embarrassed about anything? They came in at a time the previous board had dragged the club down to its lowest level for 25 years then managed turn things around and take the club back to the Premier League.

I''m beginning to feel what Neil Adams must have felt that day Barry called him[:^)]

[/quote]Maybe they should be embarrassed because they have shatrtered a long standing tradition the Club had established and maintained for a quarter of a century?Since we were first promoted to the top tier we have failed to regain  promotion ten times in the last 40 odd years. All ten of those occasions have occured within the last twelve years when Smith was on the Board, prior to that we always bounced straight back. So in ten of the twelve seasons Smith has been on the Board we have failed to do what we always managed to achieve under Chase and South but I bet you''ll try and tell me that Delia has done a better job.

[quote user="Roedy the 5th Columnist"]Maybe they should be embarrassed because they have shatrtered a long standing tradition the Club had established and maintained for a quarter of a century?
Since we were first promoted to the top tier we have failed to regain  promotion ten times in the last 40 odd years. All ten of those occasions have occured within the last twelve years when Smith was on the Board, prior to that we always bounced straight back.
 So in ten of the twelve seasons Smith has been on the Board we have failed to do what we always managed to achieve under Chase and South but I bet you''ll try and tell me that Delia has done a better job.
[/quote]

More disinformation in an attempt to put our decline in the 90''s at the feet of Smith & Jones. This club was taken to the brink of bankruptcy by Chases board in 1995/6 as he took us to the lower reaches of this division.

Promoted we certainly were not.

Season 95/96 we finished 16th in this division with 57 points from 46 games. Just over 2 years after that glorious night in Munich the club was on the brink of bankruptcy wallowing in the lower reaches of Division One. "On loan to the Endsleigh" had been the cry pre-season! By May 1996 Chase was gone and Chairman Barry Lockwood later had this to say :-

"One of the biggest problems in sorting out the finances was that there were so many people running around professing to represent Norwich City that our name was dragged around every lending institution in London," recalls Lockwood. "One local company had four different approaches. All said they were acting for Norwich City, but all were acting in their own interests and it made our lives doubly difficult."

All in all, then, was there no temptation to simply follow Chase out of the door? "Yes," he replies, emphatically. "There was a huge financial problem facing the club. But when Geoffrey Watling purchased the shares he asked me if I would continue running the club. I agreed that I would, and along with the other two directors -- although it was very tempting to walk away -- we decided to stay and salvage what we could.

"There are times when you wonder whether anyone really understands what we have gone through to achieve what we have achieved. It''s good fun when you win a game -- but that''s about the only time." Thus far the main achievement of the current five-man board -- with the Chase-era survivors of Lockwood, Gavin Paterson and Trevor Nicholls now joined by financial heavyweight Martin Armstrong and public relations specialist Roger Munby -- was the securing of a life-giving seven-year loan that in turn paved the way for the return of Mike Walker to the manager''s chair.

"The day we clinched the AT & T deal we felt a great sense of relief," admits Lockwood . "The supporters will never know what a difficult position this club was in.”

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

One love.

To the world!

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

It''s not ''those various people who have been on the board between 1996 and 2005'' --- it''s the 3 key people who have been on the NCFC board continuously from 1996 t0 2008, namely chairman Roger Munby, co-majority shareholder Delia Smith and the other co-majority shareholder Micael Wynn Jones.

I dig for the truth.

I dig for a solution to our persistent lack of competitiveness in the 2nd tier.

I search for constant factors.

The only constant factors in terms of leadership personnel from 1996 to 2008 are Munby, Smith and Wynn Jones.

I''m sure they are all fine people, I''m sure they have done their best. But their best has not been good enough and they are in danger of spoiling all the good they have done by overstaying their time. Just like Robert Chase. And that would be sad.

I see you''ve introduced another polite smear. Your slip is showing. Careful.

One love.

To the world!

OTBC

I await your reply as to what embarrassment any of the current board should have over the first of your seasons. If I get time over the weekend we will move on through the next ones. Or do you want to finally stop digging.

Is there any chance of you dropping the One Love crap, Bly?

It''s terribly Sixties and we are now on the verge of September 2008.

Presumably you''d like me to pass on your one love to the world! between Russia and Georgia?

[:|]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Roedy the 5th Columnist"]Maybe they should be embarrassed because they have shatrtered a long standing tradition the Club had established and maintained for a quarter of a century?Since we were first promoted to the top tier we have failed to regain  promotion ten times in the last 40 odd years. All ten of those occasions have occured within the last twelve years when Smith was on the Board, prior to that we always bounced straight back. So in ten of the twelve seasons Smith has been on the Board we have failed to do what we always managed to achieve under Chase and South but I bet you''ll try and tell me that Delia has done a better job.[/quote]

More disinformation in an attempt to put our decline in the 90''s at the feet of Smith & Jones. This club was taken to the brink of bankruptcy by Chases board in 1995/6 as he took us to the lower reaches of this division.

Promoted we certainly were not.

[/quote]Whoops quite correct only ten out of eleven such failures can be attributed to Delias Board. Chase 1 failure, Delia Smith 10 failuresWe finished 16th in 1995-1996 didn''t we?So Chase left us 16th in the division asset rich but £6m in debt on an overdraft and failed to get us promoted once, on the plus side he did leave us with a team worth many millions of pounds, certainly comfortably enough to cover our financial liabilities.For this he was hounded out and is still regarded by many as the reason for the decline of our Club. You yourself hold him culpable for all bar the last three years NN.And Delias record?In 2008 we finished 18th in the league, one win from relegation, failed to get promoted for the tenth time, finished £35m in debt with a team worth just a few million £££''s probably enough to pay the interest on our financial liabilities alone for a year or so and having to borrow money to loan players for the 08-09 season.I know you like your facts NN, it''s just beyond me how when presented with them you can continue to argue so valiantly in Delias favour. So if Chase''s ''dismal'' record of one failure to win promotion and an easily covered six mill debt is enough for him to be portrayed as the devil incarnate in respect of this club just where do you honestly think Delias tenure will appear in the history books in years to come ?If Chase put us into a decline which took nearly 10 years to arrest, how long will it take to repair the far greater damage done under Smith or do you simply move the goalposts when comparing the like for like records of the two?

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

Is there any chance of you dropping the One Love crap, Bly?

It''s terribly Sixties and we are now on the verge of September 2008.

Presumably you''d like me to pass on your one love to the world! between Russia and Georgia?

[:|]

[/quote]

One love.

BBC Anthem of the Millenium.

From Bob Marley''s 1977 Exodus - Time Magazine''s Album of the Century

No. I don''t think I''ll drop it, Camul. Perhaps the good people of Russia and Georgia would like to hold on to his lyrics like most of the world - including the people of Serbia who have just erected and unveiled a statue in Bobs'' memory.

To refresh your spirit in 2008, here we go.............

ONE LOVE

One Love, One Heart
Let''s get together and feel all right
Hear the children crying (One Love)
Hear the children crying (One Heart)
Sayin'' give thanks and praise to the Lord and I will feel all right
Sayin'' let''s get together and feel all right

Let them all pass all their dirty remarks (One Love)
There is one question I''d really like to ask (One Heart)
Is there a place for the hopeless sinner
Who has hurt all mankind just to save his own?
Believe me

One Love, One Heart
As it was in the beginning (One Love)
So shall it be in the end (One Heart)
Give thanks and praise to the Lord and I will feel all right
One more thing

Let''s get together to fight this Holy Armageddon (One Love)
So when the Man comes there will be no no doom (One Song)
Have pity on those whose chances grove thinner
There ain''t no hiding place from the Father of Creation

Sayin'' One Love, One Heart
I''m pleading to mankind (One Love)
Oh Lord (One Heart)

Give thanks and praise to the Lord and I will feel all right

Nutty knows it and, I daresay, likes it (don''t let him fool you about tennis).

Why not you?

One love.

To the world!

OTBC

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Season 95/96 we finished 16th in this division with 57 points from 46 games. Just over 2 years after that glorious night in Munich the club was on the brink of bankruptcy wallowing in the lower reaches of Division One. "On loan to the Endsleigh" had been the cry pre-season! By May 1996 Chase was gone and Chairman Barry Lockwood later had this to say :-

"One of the biggest problems in sorting out the finances was that there were so many people running around professing to represent Norwich City that our name was dragged around every lending institution in London," recalls Lockwood. "One local company had four different approaches. All said they were acting for Norwich City, but all were acting in their own interests and it made our lives doubly difficult."

All in all, then, was there no temptation to simply follow Chase out of the door? "Yes," he replies, emphatically. "There was a huge financial problem facing the club. But when Geoffrey Watling purchased the shares he asked me if I would continue running the club. I agreed that I would, and along with the other two directors -- although it was very tempting to walk away -- we decided to stay and salvage what we could.

"There are times when you wonder whether anyone really understands what we have gone through to achieve what we have achieved. It''s good fun when you win a game -- but that''s about the only time." Thus far the main achievement of the current five-man board -- with the Chase-era survivors of Lockwood, Gavin Paterson and Trevor Nicholls now joined by financial heavyweight Martin Armstrong and public relations specialist Roger Munby -- was the securing of a life-giving seven-year loan that in turn paved the way for the return of Mike Walker to the manager''s chair.

"The day we clinched the AT & T deal we felt a great sense of relief," admits Lockwood . "The supporters will never know what a difficult position this club was in.”

[/quote]Good find NN. So after much trouble they secured the future of the Club by securing a 7 year loan.So why did they then need to flog our most valuable players?