Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 of 13 - and counting.

Out of the 13 seasons since 1995 we have had only two top 6 finishes in the Championship and one season back in the Premiership to savour.

In other words, we have been essentially uncompetitive (finishing outside the top 6) in the Championship for fully ten of the past thirteen seasons. A mind-numbing 77% of the seasons post-1995.

Why? A failure of leadership.

Nothing else.

Can anybody please explain to me why the NCFC leadership, in the persons of the owners and the board, are clinging on to power for dear life - and are apparently not even a jot embarrassed about their record?

I am genuinely puzzled.

Anybody? Please.

OTBC

I agree, the owners should hold their heads in shame.  And while we are at it former 2 times european cup winners forest, their owners should also hold their heads in shame.  Newcastle owners, you have won nothing in over 50 years, hold your heads in shame.  And Cambridge united, from the old 2nd division to the conference, you were competitive once what the hell has happened, Lee Power hold your head in shame.

Oh hang on, with so many formerly competitive clubs not reliving past glories perhaps its just possible that no one has the divine right to be at the top all of the time.  Have you ever considered that....

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]Can anybody please explain to me why the NCFC leadership, in the persons of the owners and the board, are clinging on to power for dear life - and are apparently not even a jot embarrassed about their record?[/quote]Can you explain how you know this Bly, have you sat in on a board meeting or perhaps Delia has had you over for lunch to give you an insight into how she really feels. Perhaps she even asked you for advice after learning of your great wisdom. Go on Bly, tell us.  

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]

I agree, the owners should hold their heads in shame.  And while we are at it former 2 times european cup winners forest, their owners should also hold their heads in shame.  Newcastle owners, you have won nothing in over 50 years, hold your heads in shame.  And Cambridge united, from the old 2nd division to the conference, you were competitive once what the hell has happened, Lee Power hold your head in shame.

Oh hang on, with so many formerly competitive clubs not reliving past glories perhaps its just possible that no one has the divine right to be at the top all of the time.  Have you ever considered that....

[/quote]

Yes.

If I were them I would be mightily embarrassed at not even being competitive for most of that time.

Are you of the view that nobody else could do a better job?

They remind me of Jim Callagan and Neil Kinnock - we need a Margaret Thatcher to shake up the foundations and re-engender belief.

OTBC

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]Can anybody please explain to me why the NCFC leadership, in the persons of the owners and the board, are clinging on to power for dear life - and are apparently not even a jot embarrassed about their record?[/quote]Can you explain how you know this Bly, have you sat in on a board meeting or perhaps Delia has had you over for lunch to give you an insight into how she really feels. Perhaps she even asked you for advice after learning of your great wisdom. Go on Bly, tell us.  [/quote]

Norwich City is a public entity, not a private club.

The owners and board have expressed no embarrassment as far as I know in the public domain - nor directly to myself in my capacity as a shareholder. Thus, I must conclude that they have none.

One love.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]Can anybody please explain to me why the NCFC leadership, in the persons of the owners and the board, are clinging on to power for dear life - and are apparently not even a jot embarrassed about their record?[/quote]Can you explain how you know this Bly, have you sat in on a board meeting or perhaps Delia has had you over for lunch to give you an insight into how she really feels. Perhaps she even asked you for advice after learning of your great wisdom. Go on Bly, tell us.  [/quote]Norwich City is a public entity, not a private club.

The owners and board have expressed no embarrassment as far as I know in the public domain - nor directly to myself in my capacity as a shareholder. Thus, I must conclude that they have none.[/quote]Then surely you would be better advised to ask your question at the next shareholders meeting rather than on here?

And anyhow we''ve spoken about this time and time again.......and for that reason, I''m out!

[/quote]

Past glories? What’s being mentioned here has Sweet Fanny Adams to with past glories, its serial underachievement and its getting many of us down.  

Furthermore it is the very same perennial underachievement that others seem all to willing to accept that means we are in danger of having to endure another thirteen years of the same spin fuelled detritus which really makes me wonder why I ever bother 

Since 1995 would it not be reasonable to expect something resembling a  cap run, perhaps more than a  solitary  visit to the playoffs and possibly even another promotion? 

Past glories ffs we are talking about a  club that for ten of the last thirteen years has served up unmitigated dross and still manages to get a full house most weeks, don’t you think we deserve something better than this?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]Can anybody please explain to me why the NCFC leadership, in the persons of the owners and the board, are clinging on to power for dear life - and are apparently not even a jot embarrassed about their record?[/quote]Can you explain how you know this Bly, have you sat in on a board meeting or perhaps Delia has had you over for lunch to give you an insight into how she really feels. Perhaps she even asked you for advice after learning of your great wisdom. Go on Bly, tell us.  [/quote]Norwich City is a public entity, not a private club.

The owners and board have expressed no embarrassment as far as I know in the public domain - nor directly to myself in my capacity as a shareholder. Thus, I must conclude that they have none.[/quote]Then surely you would be better advised to ask your question at the next shareholders meeting rather than on here?

[/quote]

Since its a public matter it should be asked in every public forum - including pubs and garden fences. And discussed on the terraces at Carrow Road. And by members and supporters throughout the length and breadth of the country - and around the world.

Why no public display of embarrassment or even contrition? One must conclude that they think they are doing a fine job and that no-one else could do it better.

One love.

OTBC

OTBC 

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]

I think we should ask for a bigger picture Lapp old buddy.

No club has a perfect right to the Premiership or indeed to a top place in the Championship but have to agree with BBB on this, as a club we have seriously underachieved to a point where it has to be viewed as failure

[quote user="John Boubepo"]No club has a perfect right to the Premiership or indeed to a top place in the Championship but have to agree with BBB on this, as a club we have seriously underachieved to a point where it has to be viewed as failure
[/quote]

Yep, couldn''t agree more.

Out of the 13 seasons since 1995 we have had only two top 6 finishes in the Championship and one season back in the Premiership to savour.

In other words, we have been essentially uncompetitive (finishing outside the top 6) in the Championship for fully ten of the past thirteen seasons. A mind-numbing 77% of the seasons post-1995.

Nothing else.

Can anybody please explain to me why the NCFC leadership, in the persons of the owners and the board, are clinging on to power for dear life - and are apparently not even a jot embarrassed about their record?

I am genuinely puzzled.

Anybody? Please.

OTBC

[/quote]

I don''t know the answer I''m afraid but anywhere other than this board you would be a troll.

BORING!!!!!

I for one would much rather look forward and give support to what we have (which is better than it has been over last 2 years) rather than join this waste of time look into the history books...

Has it ever occurred to you that perhaps we over achieved in the first season of the premiership? and the following season also? Tell me when has Norwich City ever dominated English football to give us the god given right to be a successful club now? And so what if we have sell out crowds every week, you guys choose to go to the matches, just because you turn up, doesn''t mean suddenly your owed great success by Norwich City football club does it? Your starting to sound like Geordie fans now!

Nothing else.

I am genuinely puzzled.

Anybody? Please.

OTBC

[/quote]

They may well be suffering from the same disease you appear to have. You start thread after thread after countless thread on here ( year after year ) with your record constantly revolving around this subject and hardly a new twist offered. I''d say your record is closer to 100% than the 77% of our owners. This is a public forum but it cries out for innovative thought process. Never mind the rest of us, you yourself must be aware of how tedious and repetitive your input is and, yet, this appears not to cause you any embarrassment whatsoever. What do your various doctors say your problem is? If they can treat you then you may well wish to pass this treatment on to Delia and Michael. Imagine how happier we all will be.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Nothing else.

I am genuinely puzzled.

Anybody? Please.

OTBC

[/quote]

I don''t know the answer I''m afraid but anywhere other than this board you would be a troll.

[/quote]

And now you feel free to try to insult this board, eh Harold. Dear oh dear.

But I suppose that''s not surprising for those who live on the way from London to Ipswich.

I''m afraid they tell me that trolls have fun, but that apparently bored, retired hacks working from home don''t. Would you know if that''s right? 

One love.

OTBC

[quote user="ellis206"]Has it ever occurred to you that perhaps we over achieved in the first season of the premiership? and the following season also? Tell me when has Norwich City ever dominated English football to give us the god given right to be a successful club now? And so what if we have sell out crowds every week, you guys choose to go to the matches, just because you turn up, doesn''t mean suddenly your owed great success by Norwich City football club does it? Your starting to sound like Geordie fans now!
[/quote]

?

Thar baint be no accountin'' for some folks, eh bor.

OTBC

[quote user="Rocky Rocastle"]BORING!!!!! I for one would much rather look forward and give support to what we have (which is better than it has been over last 2 years) rather than join this waste of time look into the history books...[/quote]

Don''t read me then. Simple.

I''m glad you shouted though - it shows that the post got to you and made you uncomfortable.

But get this. Those who do not learn from their history are doomed to repeat their mistakes.

One love.

OTBC

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Nothing else.

I am genuinely puzzled.

Anybody? Please.

OTBC

[/quote]

They may well be suffering from the same disease you appear to have. You start thread after thread after countless thread on here ( year after year ) with your record constantly revolving around this subject and hardly a new twist offered. I''d say your record is closer to 100% than the 77% of our owners. This is a public forum but it cries out for innovative thought process. Never mind the rest of us, you yourself must be aware of how tedious and repetitive your input is and, yet, this appears not to cause you any embarrassment whatsoever. What do your various doctors say your problem is? If they can treat you then you may well wish to pass this treatment on to Delia and Michael. Imagine how happier we all will be.

[/quote]

But you feel compelled to read me, eh yankee, because you know deep down that I''m right.

We positive people who understand the issues and know the solution really do have an uphill battle against the negative thinkers like yourself who are constantly excusing persistent failure and giving support to dear Delia and Michael - as you love to term them.

But, one love.

And keep on reacting so I know I''m getting to you, there''s a good chap.[:D]

OTBC

the probability of finishing in the mid 15 in all those seasons is around .32. So to have finished in top 6 twice in that number of seasons is greater than mean as the number of seasons tends to infinity-try stretch testing the probability theory-so ceteris paribus we have punched above our weight which certain pieces of anecdotal evidence reflects (QPR. Coventry et al)

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Nothing else.

I am genuinely puzzled.

Anybody? Please.

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well I don''t feel insulted. Are you upset because he regularly punctures your pomposity? I think so. [:)] 

[quote user="macdougalls perm"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Nothing else.

I am genuinely puzzled.

Anybody? Please.

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well I don''t feel insulted. Are you upset because he regularly punctures your pomposity? I think so. [:)] 

[/quote]

Stop pretending just to try score a point, mac.[:)]

You are better than that.

One love.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Nothing else.

I am genuinely puzzled.

Anybody? Please.

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

But I suppose that''s not surprising for those who live on the way from London to Ipswich.

I''m afraid they tell me that trolls have fun, but that apparently bored, retired hacks working from home don''t. Would you know if that''s right? 

One love.

OTBC

[/quote]

Won''t work I''m afraid, Mr Troll.

No love.  Of Trolls.

Another "last word competition" started by Mr Bly.  Why do we bother to reply ?  Why does he bother to start them ?  Human nature is a funny thing.

Now Mac You lovely old boy , you must not be so hard on that sweet lovely old boy , you just put yourself in that poor sweet darlings shoes , how would you feel if you hadn''t seen the City play since the late 50s ? had not seen our lovely ground or stands and still imagine the old wooden main stand with the open south stand and river end , don''t you feel you would be twisted and bitter ? Now my sweet precious treasure Bly why don''t you come over and have a look round ? you might be surprised , I am sure there are banana boats leaving at regular intervals and you could always work your passage....[:D]....arrdee.

[quote user="Hoolahoop"]

Well that was random!! How long have you been mulling over those stats?

[/quote]

for 13 seasons i''d expect.

jas :)

[/quote]

Shame on you Carlos! You forgot to mention the mighty Accrington Stanley and many other mighty clubs who have crap leadership.  How dare they not win something every season.  I am always amazed at those lovely Geordies who think, because their club is so huge and well supported, that they have a right to win everything in sight and promptly sack anyone who does not deliver the silverware. Are we such a club? No, well I bloody well hope not.  We are Norwich City. A great club with a fine history and moments of glory that we will never forget and forever mention to anyone who will ever listen, and I am proud of every one of them.  We are not Chelski or the U S of Liverpool and nor would I want us to be.  Do people want us to be filthy rich? Do you want to see all the best Brazilians and Italians gracing the turf of Carrow Road?  Maybe you do and maybe you are wealthy enough to pay £50 a match and twice the price of a season ticket, if you can get on the waiting list.  Yes, endless success would be great but ask yourself, at what price?