Sign in to follow this  
Christopher  Rickman

No Transfers This Time!

Unfortunately i just cant see anymore transfers happening now. It was only last week that Nigel stated that things had gone quiet on the transfer front, and although its dissapointing I cant see NW pull it out of the bag this time round. Also Im struugling to believe that people on here are questioning Nigel''s ability in hte transfer market, Have you all forgot about Huckerby, Holt Francis, Drury ect cooming in for relativley small fees? Although Helveg and Jonson havn''t started particualy well, Helveg is a player who has played for AC and inter and is the current captain of his national side - cant be too much of a bad signing considering he was a free transfer. Jonson is a full international and just needs time to settle. There were also comments on this board saying that NW hasn''t got enough money for palyers that have left the club, Im not sure wether many managers could rake in the money for players like Easton, Crichton, Russel, Rivers and Llwellyn! Is it not best to get these sort of players off of the wage bill first and foremost if they are not in Nigels plans? Anyway if there is a chance of bringing in a striker Harewood is good but still needs alot of improvement, I would be happy to see JJ arrive(and by the way despite what people are saying he is alot better than Svenny). He has a great first touch, is a very clever player and would make goals for Hucks as well as score a fair few himself. By the way has anyone else noticed that like the beginning of last season Francis has started brilliantly and Holt has started slowly? Get Behind The Boys! OTBC!

Oh well that is it for today with no signings arriving before the 1300 deadline so will just have to wait until tomorrow.

What 1300 deadline is that? I wasn''t aware of one on a daily basis.

Do we know what time the deadline is for tomorrow - think it used to be 5pm or something? I thnk there''s plenty of time - just because there is no rumour doesn''t mean nothing is going on (remember Hucks coming on loan?).

RE: Worthy''s transfers, I don''t think any manager has a 100% success or failure rate - I''d imagine that 80% or so of players ''clicking'' when they go to a club is acceptable, so I reckon he''s done a good job generally. Among the +s there are a few that haven''t really come off (Heckingbottom, Abbey (so far), Briggs (so far), Easton (never quite did it)) - but then remember those were bought for Div 1, not the Premier; tho there''s probably others depending on what you think is success. The problem is when there is a larger fee involved (Jonson) there is a bit more pressure on it that it is a success, particularly at a club where money is tight. Fergie can (and does sometimes) waste £millions, Worthy can''t afford to!!!

Yeah sorry about that getting confused with my deadlines. Was thinking of the 1300 press conferences that the club normally do to unveil signings but even then that does not mean anyone can sign after that so just forget that I said anything. All this business of Harewood joining or not joining is doing my head in. Must have been on this site at least 30 times this morning in order to catch a signing coop but not to be. If anyone started this rumour off of him signing today to get the attention of us all have certainly done a good job - Joe 90.

now the f.a are changing this aswell???????????????

They might aswell name it the pepsi swap instead of the transwer window..........