Sign in to follow this  
Camuldonum

Iversen

Just for info: Iversen played for Rosenborg tonight in the first leg of their EUFA qualifier.  He didn''t score and they lost 2-1 away to Djurgarden.

Second leg in a fortnight.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

Just for info: Iversen played for Rosenborg tonight in the first leg of their EUFA qualifier.  He didn''t score and they lost 2-1 away to Djurgarden.

[/quote]

D''you reckon he''ll score 3 own goals in the return leg and hop on the next plane over ?

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

D''you reckon he''ll score 3 own goals in the return leg and hop on the next plane over ?

[/quote]

Who knows?   I''ve only seen  a minute by minute text but he doesn''t get much of a mention so he seems to have had rather a quiet game although I suppose it is hard to judge from that sort of report.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Who knows?   I''ve only seen  a minute by minute text but he doesn''t get much of a mention so he seems to have had rather a quiet game although I suppose it is hard to judge from that sort of report.

[/quote]

Ok, I''ll go out on a limb here and say that he won''t.  That way I''ll be happy when he does.

Senior moment with UEFA. Mind you, it is pretty much run by the EUFA.    Rosenborg are in it for the first and last time because it''s being scrapped after this season.

In all seriousness can you honestly see Iverson leaving a good (well reasonable) standard of Euro football to play in a Championship side?

Pipe dreams......Get used to the Bishops of this world, and in my opinion about time!

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

Senior moment with UEFA. Mind you, it is pretty much run by the EUFA.    Rosenborg are in it for the first and last time because it''s being scrapped after this season.

[/quote]

Sorry Cam was only jesting (nice to see you make a mistake....human after all). Do you think Iverson will cross to Ol Blighty for Championship football?

I don''t know why we all dont just face facts.

Players just dont see Norwich as a attractive club any more, neither do we have the money to bring in these big named players.

Like we know, Roeder''s number one target has been a goal scorer and what have we ended up with, nothing.

Its took him three months to get this far so another two weeks is not going to make any difference. We will go into Aug 31st without a big man, and if we''re lucking end the day with another unknow kiddie on loan as a panic.

Now if Im wrong and we do finally sign someone I''ll be happy but how things are going I cant see it.

Very hard one to call but he wants to come back to England (his wife is English) and this would be his last throw of the dice in England, I would think.  I would guess he would love the chance.  It''s a decent standard that he plays at but a sports journalist in Trondheim (who worked for Reuter Sport in London and knows our set up) says the standard is "Top end of League One, occasionally better").

Fulham found Rosenborg almost impossible to deal with and, as I have said, in the end had to send a team over there, complete with lawyer.

It seems a very messy situation to me and I wouldn''t want to bet on the outcome. I think it is a very great pity because he does look like the sort of player who could make a difference to your front line.

[quote user="4-4-2"]

Players just dont see Norwich as a attractive club any more, neither do we have the money to bring in these big named players.

Like we know, Roeder''s number one target has been a goal scorer and what have we ended up with, nothing.

Its took him three months to get this far so another two weeks is not going to make any difference. We will go into Aug 31st without a big man, and if we''re lucking end the day with another unknow kiddie on loan as a panic.

Now if Im wrong and we do finally sign someone I''ll be happy but how things are going I cant see it.

[/quote]

I honestly don''t think money is the problem with Iversen.  The problem is Rosenborg who did their best to obstruct a perfectly legal signing by Fulham by refusing to sign documents, refusing to acknowledge faxes etc.  As has already been reported on this site, the Rosenborg FC Sports Director has apparently said that they will not let him go.

The information we have - and I am sure this is what Mr Roeder meant when he spoke about "broken promises" - is that when Iversen signed his contract the club assured him  (verbally) that if a club outside Norway came in for him they would not stand in his way.  Well, now they are standing in his way.  If he really wants to come to you they will just end up with a very peed off player - we''ve all seen that at our clubs I am sure and it generally isn''t good.  In fact, it is generally extremely bad. (We have a current candidate for this at Colchester and it ain''t good). I believe they do now have a very peed off player.  He is apparently normally quite approachable from a press point of view but is currently refusing to give interviews to anyone - something the local paper have not encountered with him before.

The Agent that let that go through without it being in the contract should be tethered to a post in lieu of a goat somewhere near the known location of Trolls.

Their league season ends in the first week in November unless they have a UEFA cup run.

With great respect I don''t think what you say about Norwich City is quite right.  As an example we know for a fact from the Manager of Blackpool - a very straight talking guy who gives you no bullshit and whom we respect greatly, and there''s a man battling in the Championship with no money at all - that there were at one time eight clubs in for Hoolahan (one dropped out subsequently - I think it was Coventry), all of whom had technically triggered the £250k release clause helpfully mentioned by his Agent and for whatever reason he chose Norwich City.  One was definitely QPR, another was Leicester.

Simon said to us: "I lost Hooli at Norwich.  He took their defence apart - they looked panic stricken when he got the ball.  I wouldn''t be surprised if Clarkie rang his agent from the dugoout."

There is no doubt at all that you had formidable competition to get him but you got him.  I am not privy to how that happened and I''m not sure it matters.

That was, at least, one "target" that you landed and who didn''t think Norwich was off the radar.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="4-4-2"]

[/quote]

I honestly don''t think money is the problem with Iversen.  The problem is Rosenborg who did their best to obstruct a perfectly legal signing by Fulham by refusing to sign documents, refusing to acknowledge faxes etc.  As has already been reported on this site, the Rosenborg FC Sports Director has apparently said that they will not let him go.

The information we have - and I am sure this is what Mr Roeder meant when he spoke about "broken promises" - is that when Iversen signed his contract the club assured him  (verbally) that if a club outside Norway came in for him they would not stand in his way.  Well, now they are standing in his way.  If he really wants to come to you they will just end up with a very peed off player - we''ve all seen that at our clubs I am sure and it generally isn''t good.  In fact, it is generally extremely bad. (We have a current candidate for this at Colchester and it ain''t good). I believe they do now have a very peed off player.  He is apparently normally quite approachable from a press point of view but is currently refusing to give interviews to anyone - something the local paper have not encountered with him before.

The Agent that let that go through without it being in the contract should be tethered to a post in lieu of a goat somewhere near the known location of Trolls.

Their league season ends in the first week in November unless they have a UEFA cup run.

With great respect I don''t think what you say about Norwich City is quite right.  As an example we know for a fact from the Manager of Blackpool - a very straight talking guy who gives you no bullshit and whom we respect greatly, and there''s a man battling in the Championship with no money at all - that there were at one time eight clubs in for Hoolahan (one dropped out subsequently - I think it was Coventry), all of whom had technically triggered the £250k release clause helpfully mentioned by his Agent and for whatever reason he chose Norwich City.  One was definitely QPR, another was Leicester.

Simon said to us: "I lost Hooli at Norwich.  He took their defence apart - they looked panic stricken when he got the ball.  I wouldn''t be surprised if Clarkie rang his agent from the dugoout."

There is no doubt at all that you had formidable competition to get him but you got him.  I am not privy to how that happened and I''m not sure it matters.

That was, at least, one "target" that you landed and who didn''t think Norwich was off the radar.[/quote]

I think our only glimmer of hope is that Rosenborg are (allegedly) actively pursuing 3 replacements for Steffen. I just hope they are being less economical with the truth than previously.

Firstlty - bugger that means he is cup-tied![:P]On another note, Cam talks a lot of sence and I believe is probably in a better position than most to be informed about what is going on.A short while ago Roeder was eyeing three strikers, we believe one was Koroma who has now joined us.I think that if you look at the players we have brought in, we are still capable of attracting players here. Kennedy and Stefanovic are two quality players - why would they come here if they didn''t think it was worthwhile?Clingan as a free agent probably would have had quite a few interested parties. Cam already confirmed at least 8 teams were in for Hoolahan. Lupoli is another we battled for and managed to attract him away from his native country. If rumours are to be believed Bertrand also came back to Norwich over going on loan to a premiership team, I believe Hull were linked with him.I guess what the real problem is who did we miss out on and would they have been what we needed? On top of that would they have been first choice targets etc.