Sign in to follow this  
cjsallstars

Hmmmmm... from Glenn's EDP interview..

"January target Grzegorz Rasiak has joined Watford on a season-long loan, while Newcastle''s Shola Ameobi, long linked with a reunion with his former manager, is a target for Ipswich, who have been given permission to talk to the 26-year-old - although Roeder is sceptical of any move being completed.

“That''s only a guess - educated,” he said."

What are you saying & where did you see this ?..... link ?

If my interpretation is correct your suggesting GR says Ameobi is unlikely to join the scum ?

would imagine a lower reaches prem club is under pressure to sign a tall striker to complement their proven smaller guy, and so are hijacking the ipswich deal as we speak><?stick to the champs shola,you know you want to, and thats where your level of ability lies these days.,/

It may mean nothing, just thought is was an interesting little comment. GR may know something.. after all he is seen as Shola''s "mentor" !

My guess - uneducated - is that if Ameobi wants to rejoin Glenn, he will stay on at Newcastle until after the current Transfer Window closes.. he then has very little transfer value meaning he can leave for next to nothing in January or join a Championship club on loan until then.

“I am very impatient to get this player. I really feel for this current season, generally speaking, the target man will be the last piece in the jigsaw, other than maybe one or two loans.

we have no money

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

“I am very impatient to get this player. I really feel for this current season, generally speaking, the target man will be the last piece in the jigsaw, other than maybe one or two loans.

we have no money

[/quote]

You seem to have missed part of your post,because the first paragraph doesn''t logically produce the conclusion in the second.Presumably there is another bit that would turn it into a logical progression rather than a wilful piece of misinterpretation based on a preconceived mindset?Or maybe not?

On the EADT website their reporter says Roeder has talked terms with Shola and could not even get close to a deal so maybe Roeder thinks Sholas wage demands will be too high for Ipswich too.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

we have no money

[/quote]

You seem to have missed part of your post,because the first paragraph doesn''t logically produce the conclusion in the second.Presumably there is another bit that would turn it into a logical progression rather than a wilful piece of misinterpretation based on a preconceived mindset?Or maybe not?

[/quote]

So why are we going for loan player after loan player if we have a decent transfer budget?

LOL! You do realise you have to pay for loans aswell. You may aswell sign a prem player on loan for the season for the same price as buying a champs player and him signing a year''s contract.

[quote user="Dom."]LOL! You do realise you have to pay for loans aswell. You may aswell sign a prem player on loan for the season for the same price as buying a champs player and him signing a year''s contract.
[/quote]

Lol of course.

This is the reason we haven''t signed a couple of £1m+ players over the summer.  I should have realised, "silly norfolkbroadslim, go and stand on the naughty step."

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

we have no money

[/quote]

[/quote]

So why are we going for loan player after loan player if we have a decent transfer budget?

[/quote]

The transfer window closes at the end of the month.If we haven''t spent money on a striker by then,I concede that you''re correct.However,its not a completed picture yet,and you have taken the glass half empty option,while I have gone for the glass half full.That''s not to say you''re wrong ,just that while we have opinions we can''t yet draw absolute conclusions.I hope I''m right,but every day that passes increases my anxiety,to be honest!

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="Dom."]LOL! You do realise you have to pay for loans aswell. You may aswell sign a prem player on loan for the season for the same price as buying a champs player and him signing a year''s contract. [/quote]

Lol of course.

This is the reason we haven''t signed a couple of £1m+ players over the summer.  I should have realised, "silly norfolkbroadslim, go and stand on the naughty step."

[/quote]hmm[^o)]. No, the reason we haven''t signed a couple of £1m+ strikers is because we don''t have the money, I waqs merely saying would you rather have a shitty league 1 standard team or a team with 5 or 6 prem standard loanees, all for the same price.

Presumably at the time of writing GR knew about Rasiak going to Watford - he''s discounted Howard and as the EDP summises Bishop doesn''t fit into the ''experienced'' category.  So (assuming Iversen is one) who are the others he''s looking at when he says "two or three?"