Sign in to follow this  
Tony Harrison

Ameobi - the truth.

Putting any pro-board/anti-board sentiment aside for a moment. How many of you lot would be in the slightest bit interested in Shola if it wasn''t for the Newcastle link.

Yes - he may well be desperate to play for GR/LC but he still looks like a newborn foal trying to keep on his feet. A newborn foal with "motor skill issues" and special needs.

Yes- it would have been (temporarily) funny to nick him off the scum. Bit like stealing taffic cones was funny as a student.Then we would have woken up with dry mouth and thumping head and thought to ourselves

"did I really sign shola ameobi for 3 million and 15 grand a week last night?" and the answer would have been yes. and let the self-loathing begin.

Hope he does sign for the binners.

To sum up- I dont really rate him.

[quote user="Tony Harrison"]

Putting any pro-board/anti-board sentiment aside for a moment. How many of you lot would be in the slightest bit interested in Shola if it wasn''t for the Newcastle link.

Yes - he may well be desperate to play for GR/LC but he still looks like a newborn foal trying to keep on his feet. A newborn foal with "motor skill issues" and special needs.

Yes- it would have been (temporarily) funny to nick him off the scum. Bit like stealing taffic cones was funny as a student.Then we would have woken up with dry mouth and thumping head and thought to ourselves

"did I really sign shola ameobi for 3 million and 15 grand a week last night?" and the answer would have been yes. and let the self-loathing begin.

[/quote]

Sorry I missed "the Truth" bit as opposed to your perfectly valid opinion but opinion none the less.  Can you point it out to me please?

I don''t rate him either, and I''m glad he seems to be signing for scum.Does the song "do the ameobi" refer to the way he falls on his face?

I would love to see him here. Really good player.

For a club like Norwich, who really struggled last season, he would be a brilliant signing.

I''m sorry but for weeks 90% of Norwich fans on here and TWTD have been saying how good Ameobi ias and how you couldn''t wait to sign him, now you have realised that in actual fact you can''t afford him and instead your more afluent neighbours look likely to sign him, you now think his rubbish!!!!

Funny!!

[quote user="LondonITFC"]

I''m sorry but for weeks 90% of Norwich fans on here and TWTD have been saying how good Ameobi ias and how you couldn''t wait to sign him, now you have realised that in actual fact you can''t afford him and instead your more afluent neighbours look likely to sign him, you now think his rubbish!!!!

Funny!!

[/quote]Or maybe two different people had two different opinions that were voiced at different times relevant to the current situational context.Funny!

[quote user="ob1"][quote user="LondonITFC"]

Funny!!

[/quote]

Or maybe two different people had two different opinions that were voiced at different times relevant to the current situational context.

Funny!
[/quote]

Maybe it has a point.  The flip flopping on this board is astounding at times.   It makes Statler and Waldorf paragons of consistency!

Funny!!

[/quote]

So when you got confirmation of Evans'' investment the first thing you thought was "really hope we sign the worlds fattest and slowest defensive midfielder (campoo) and a player who can''t stand up for very long and stoke didn''t fancy". So jealous - we''ve only got Hoolahan and he''s proper good and didn''t want to play for you.

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="ob1"][quote user="LondonITFC"]

Funny!!

[/quote]Or maybe two different people had two different opinions that were voiced at different times relevant to the current situational context.Funny![/quote]

Maybe it has a point.  The flip flopping on this board is astounding at times.   It makes Statler and Waldorf paragons of consistency!

[/quote]Only Wiz, mate, changes his socks less than his opinions. Most other people have strength behind their convictions.The thing is - when things are bad the moaners post, when good the optimists post - they are different sets of people. Because the current situation reflects their opinion and it makes sense to then express it.When Ameobi was signing, those who liked him posted, when he is not signing, those that hate him post - they are different sets of people. It''s not really that hard to understand - that there is more than one person posting their opinions? That all the Ameobi haters and all the Ameobi lovers aren''t all one person flip flopping their opinions? Maybe there is only 2 people on the internet, you and this other bloke (which apparently is me, too!)

[quote user="Tony Harrison"]

[/quote]

Agreed. I don''t know what all the fuss is about.

[quote user="Match Day Pie"][quote user="Tony Harrison"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Don''t know what the fuss is about? He is a leathal 8 goal a season striker (28 in 150) proven to be good enough to warm the bench at NUFC even when all their strikers are injured or sold.

We never made any offer for Hoolahan so he never had the choice to play for us,but for you he is probably a big improvement on nobody!! As for the investment you must be realisitc CCC sides are only going to attract older seasoned pro''s who maybe have 1 or 2 good years left in the CCC, or premierships kids on loan who have no first team experience!! Top premeirship players arent going to play for ccc sides irrespective of how much money the clubs have!!

Funny!!

[/quote]

Definition

affluent   Show phonetics
adjective
having a lot of money or owning a lot of things; rich:

Really, you ******* ***** don''t be a ****

[quote user="BigFish"][quote user="Match Day Pie"][quote user="Tony Harrison"]

[/quote]

So you have no faith in Glenn Roeder then Bigfish ?? our manager has constantly said how good Ameobi is and how much he would like him at NCFC , might as well sack him and get somebody in who can spot a striker then right ? Funny how all the pro Delias suddenly think Ameobi is rubbish , if it wasnt so sad it would be funny .

[/quote]

Don''t know what the fuss is about? He is a leathal 8 goal a season striker (28 in 150) proven to be good enough to warm the bench at NUFC even when all their strikers are injured or sold.

[/quote]

Well done for pointing out that I missed out an F in a word!!

Thanks!

[/quote]

I was pointing out that you think you have money, are rich and own things. It''s called irony.

And that''s spelt  I R O N  Y

DOPE

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"][quote user="LondonITFC"]

Thanks!

[/quote]

I was pointing out that you think you have money, are rich and own things. It''s called irony.

DOPE

[/quote]

And here we go again a pointless argument with a loudmouth Cockerknees feller who probably never goes to see the scum play ,Not even in a cup match 1,000 and something, Never mind our time will come,Don''t know when though

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="WEEN_NASTY"][quote user="LondonITFC"]

Thanks!

[/quote]

DOPE

[/quote]

And here we go again a pointless argument with a loudmouth Cockerknees feller who probably never goes to see the scum play ,Not even in a cup match 1,000 and something, Never mind our time will come,Don''t know when though

[/quote]

...you can shut up as well

Not really irony, as we do have money, in fact lots of it, but if you want to think otherwise then fine!!

If you are referring to our attendance in the cup it was 10,500 not 1,000, but don''t let facts get in the way!! Our attendance in the second round will be the highest in the round, what will yours be?

Not really irony, as we do have money, in fact lots of it, but if you want to think otherwise then fine!!

If you are referring to our attendance in the cup it was 10,500 not 1,000, but don''t let facts get in the way!! Our attendance in the second round will be the highest in the round, what will yours be?

[/quote]

If you have £12m and you owe £48m how much money have you got.

I tell ya LondonITFC, you Lundun folk aint ''arf moor cleva than us cunry folk.

Oi have a ''ouse werth £250 grand but oil ferget about tha mortgage...I''m bloomon'' rich.

DOPE

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"][quote user="LondonITFC"]

[/quote]

Oi have a ''ouse werth £250 grand but oil ferget about tha mortgage...I''m bloomon'' rich.

DOPE

[/quote]

LOL! But when will Andy Bishop be making an appearance at Asda?

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="WEEN_NASTY"][quote user="LondonITFC"]

[/quote]

DOPE

[/quote]

LOL! But when will Andy Bishop be making an appearance at Asda?

[/quote]

He''s just popped up

How unlucky is it that just when all of those target men show up at Asda its the one time Carl Cort isnt in residence......

[quote user="Boba Fett"]How unlucky is it that just when all of those

target men show up at Asda its the one time Carl Cort isnt in

residence......[/quote]

Carl Cort is there, he''s in the black and white shirt (one for Sir Bobby Robson fans there!) [:D]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Boba Fett"]How unlucky is it that just when all of those target men show up at Asda its the one time Carl Cort isnt in residence......[/quote]

Carl Cort is there, he''s in the black and white shirt (one for Sir Bobby Robson fans there!) [:D]
[/quote]

Carl Cort has now officially been seen at Asda