Sign in to follow this  
LondonITFC

Ameobi Rejects Ipswich Move

Like me, I''m sure you will be pleased to hear this!! Unsuprisingly he doesnt want to take a pay cut and play in the CCC!!!

[quote user="LondonITFC"]

Like me, I''m sure you will be pleased to hear this!! Unsuprisingly he doesnt want to take a pay cut and play in the CCC!!!

[/quote]

Morning LondonITFC. He probably wants to play for an affluent club [:D]

Up early for a trip to Burnley?

[/quote]yeah, he''d rather bench warm on a big wedge each week - nice work if you can get it!!!

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="LondonITFC"]

[/quote]

yeah, he''d rather bench warm on a big wedge each week - nice work if you can get it!!![/quote]Sweat a little bit in training, three hours a day.  Play on the X-Box.  Have a laugh in the showers.  Sign a few autographs.  Sit on the bench each Saturday, a few gags and laughs on the team bus.  Pick up £30k a week.Hard life.

I shouldn''t worry too much about it LondonITFC. He was never going to come to us either.

He still believes a prem club will come in for him. And even if it doesn''t he''d probably prefer an easy £30k a week sitting on a plastic bench for a club that doesn''t want him. Shame because for a small wage cut he could''ve been playing his trade for a club that would''ve loved him.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Sweat a little bit in training, three hours a day.  Play on the X-Box.  Have a laugh in the showers.  Sign a few autographs.  Sit on the bench each Saturday, a few gags and laughs on the team bus.  Pick up £30k a week.
Hard life.[/quote]

Sounds ideal to me!

People like Amrobi and Nugent are exactly the things we despise about football, young 20 somethings, happy to not play any football and pick up 30k a week wages, they clealry have no pride or ambition! Redknapp has told Nugent he doesn''t want him and would love to see him leave, yet he is to thick skinned to consider dropping a division and actually playing football again in order to resurrect his flagging career!!

Strikers from the lower leagues, seems to be the way to go for most ccc sides now i think!!

[quote user="geo374"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Sweat a little bit in training, three hours a day.  Play on the X-Box.  Have a laugh in the showers.  Sign a few autographs.  Sit on the bench each Saturday, a few gags and laughs on the team bus.  Pick up £30k a week.
Hard life.[/quote]

Sounds ideal to me!

[/quote]

Have to say I was kidding when I said that. If I were a player in that position I think I would do all in my power to play the game. Moving to where I would be more likely to get a chance of playing and hopefully showcase my skill in an effort to get another chance with a bigger club.

After all, being paid to play a sport you presumably love is a privilege not a hardship!

Sadly most footballers have agents (and girlfriends) that wont accept a drop in wages either!

You could argue it''s the fault of Newcastle and Pompey for paying Ameobi and Nugent too much and way above their worth so they don''t see why they should take a huge pay cut.

Ameobi is on his last year of big money so he is probably making the best of it while he can...and i don''t know how long Nugent sugned for but i don''t doubt he has at least two more years on silly money.

9 times out of 10, the club gets fed up of paying silly money to players they don''t want so they pay them off early to get rid of them. Thedn Ameobi still gets maybe 80% of his last year of £35k plus another £8k from a Championship club.

People like Amrobi and Nugent are exactly the things we despise about football, young 20 somethings, happy to not play any football and pick up 30k a week wages, they clealry have no pride or ambition! Redknapp has told Nugent he doesn''t want him and would love to see him leave, yet he is to thick skinned to consider dropping a division and actually playing football again in order to resurrect his flagging career!!

Strikers from the lower leagues, seems to be the way to go for most ccc sides now i think!!

[/quote]Exactly right - no interest in playing or serving the club, just themselves.  Prima donnas and mercenaries, the new breed of spoiled brats.

To be fair how many of you would take a large wage cut.

Footballers careers can be short, you never know what''s round the corner. Make hay.

I think if I was Shola and Nugent I would hold out for Prem football

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]

Footballers careers can be short, you never know what''s round the corner. Make hay.

[/quote]

You wouldn''t even ask for a loan deal to show the world what you can do?

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]

[/quote]

You wouldn''t even ask for a loan deal to show the world what you can do?

[/quote]

Dropping a division could be fatal for your career, even if the money was the same.

Look at Ameobi. Disastrous loan to Stoke. Eight games no goals. It now appears no one from the Prem wants him.

Could it be that Ameobi fancies that he''ll get a chance at Newcastle this year - they''ve not got a huge squad of strikers after all?

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]

[/quote]

You wouldn''t even ask for a loan deal to show the world what you can do?[/quote]

Dropping a division could be fatal for your career, even if the money was the same.

Look at Ameobi. Disastrous loan to Stoke. Eight games no goals. It now appears no one from the Prem wants him.

[/quote]

That wasn''t my question.  You can''t use hindsight to justify a decision you haven''t yet made.If you were a decent footballer on £15k a week who wasn''t playing any games for your club, would you (a) look to play elsewhere so people can see what you can do, or (b) sit on the bench and pick up the cash?I find it hard to believe people would say (b).  That''s my point.  Now, you might be one of them - don''t play, just pick the money up - but my question to you would then be "wouldn''t you feel a bit of a fraud"?

What a shock, Ameobi the money grabbing footballer, good luck to him trying to get a game this season, I''m sure he will be a starter in the reserves. What an idiot.

[/quote]You''re right, and Roeder had a blast at that attitude last season when it seemed he wanted Nugent on loan. I''m sure your manager feels the same after this episode.

Flop written all over him, he will end up somewhere like Wigan and do crap. Lucky escape for Norwich. My Stoke mates reckon Mamdy Sidbe kept him out of there starting 11.

well if i was slightly suspicious off glenns educated guess i might say one of two things have happened here 1. we made a aproach our selves and shola told glenn the same thing maybee why we havent had a lot of news of us going in for him they are susposedly good friends so shola may have been open with him before we bid2. we are either going in for him or have told him to sit tight till his contract is up and we will take him.  why would glenn know the deal wasnt going to happen and it appears now thats the case mmm interesting

I don''t actually think that the likes of Shola and Nugent are Premiership quality.....And that their ego massaging (or that of their money, money, money, orientated agents) seem to influence them otherwise.

Premiership quality, are the likes of consistent goalscorers like Drogba etc......

Nugent clearly isnt Prem quality, just look at his scoring record at the top level, at the moment all he has proven that he has an eye for goal in the Championship.  Portsmouth chucked loads of money at him as he was sought after at the time and now they cant get rid of him!

Ameobi has at least shown some quality at times in the top league but he still is certainly not proven in the Prem particularly after the last couple of seasons.

If what is being said is true they are both greedy twunts, indicative of the young footballers we are breeding in this country because of the amount of money paid to them!!