Sign in to follow this  
Splat the Cat

Should Safri start against Spurs?

What do you all think? Safri must be in the starting line-up for our next match...he is a class midfielder with excelent distribution of the ball. But, who should he replace? I think Holty should step aside for him. What does everyone else think?

Holt hasn''t been able to cut it in the previous games so i think worthy should bet on starting safri ahead on him against spurs

yep, worth a try. keeps the ball well and very good range of passing (nice ''ping'' on sat across field!)

Yes he should - who else have we got who can pass the ball accurately from midfield (unless we play Helveg there)? We need someone to find Bentley and Hucks with incisive passes, because they''re the two players with the touch to control power-passes. Safri could be the play-maker we desperately need (or is that just wishful thinking?)

Without a doubt. Got involved on Saturday, always wanting the ball, and passed it well. Has to start with Francis in the middel - sorry Holty.

Maybe but lets not get too excited about Safri based on his 45 mins against Arsenal who by then had won the game and were just strolling around the park.

yes! when he came on against arsenal there was an instant impact. he was creative and distributed the ball well. its unfortunate that the herniya set him back for a while, i think with a few games under his belt he could well prove to be a brilliant signing this year. Of course "3 lungs" holt is a gutsy player and is what u need sometimes but does he have the skill/flair to make it as a premier player? how much of an impact does holt have on the team? (only a fly on the changing room wall could tell u that)

safri should definatley start.

i prefer diamond midfield:

-----------Green------------
edworthy-Flem-Charlton-Drury
-----------Safri-------------
---Francis--------Bently-----
-----------------------------
----------Huckerby----------
----Doc------------Leon Mckenzie!

With huckerby on a free role.

I would like to see sven start in the cup thou.

No, and with that diamond formation above we''d be absolutely slaughtered, basically four forwards on the pitch.

thats how we finished against arsenal.

AND we only conceeded ONE goal in the second half.

Although arsenal didnt try so hard.

Huckerby is the player who makes 4-4-2 really tricky. He goes wide to often to be a proper striker(so you are often left short of players in the box) and he is too lazy when the other team have possession to play him as a wide midfielder (the full back is hideously exposed). We eventually solved this last year with 4-3-3 and we need a solution this year. 4-4-2 is always going to be difficult for us. Hucks is a great talent and I''m thrilled we have him, but he is unique and does pose a few tactical conundrums...

yeah i think Safri would be the best bet at the moment, Holt is doing well but still needs a bit longer to adapt to the style of play, a bit like Svenny and Jonson

Spot on Mr Carra. Exactly my views on Huckerby, but we need midfielders to go in the box when he is wide to give him a target.

and thats why we should play diamond to give hux a free role.......

How come Safri is suddenly the saviour a mere month or so after most were slatting Worthers for buying him?

I''m really struggling to remember at what point all the doubters (and they were rather vocal about their doubts) were proved so very wrong?

Sure I had my doubts, but I always feel it best to give the lad (and any other for that matter) at least one chance to show what they could do...

Humble pie anyone?