Sign in to follow this  
lucky green trainers

have you seen who's next???

3 points is an absolute must tomoz to give the lads confidence and steady the fans nerves, cos the next few games look difficult to say the least...i''d hate to go into these 6 games with no points and no goals against our name, make no mistake???away     cardiffhome    brumaway     plymouthhome     qprhome     sheff utdaway     barnsleythe away games are to teams, which haven''t been happy hunting grounds of late, and the home ties are against top 6 sides (in theory)...this takes us to the end of sept???  i''d take mid-table posi after these if offered now!!!  if so, we could push on after that???

This is what I reckon...away     cardiff - 1pthome    brum - 0 ptsaway     plymouth - 1pthome     qpr - 1/3ptshome     sheff utd - 1pt if luckyaway     barnsley - 3pts easy Assuming we win v blackpool tomorrow, that will give us 9 points minimum. Which last season after 8 games would have put is in 16th/17th. October is quite an easy month, apart from Derby twice, so I would say 9 or 10 points from october which means we would have 18 points from 13 games, putting us in 11th last season, hopefully....

I''ve been away for a few days and since returning have wondered which of the multitude of doom and despair or keep the faith threads to stick my two penneth on.

I have plumped for LGT''s because I do not intend judging our new group of players until 10 games have gone by and he has named the next few matches.

I have already said we need a target man and have not changed my mind but we also have players capable of scoring and, essentially for early season, have made chances.

The last thing anyone needs now is a tense crowd getting to the players.

Sod the cup games and lucky, lucky Coventry I say. Having said that, it is too early for Roeder to be reading the riot act so he needs to get a grip too.

One thing I would like to see is Rusty replacing Fotheringham (armband and all).

A couple of goals will lift the whole Club and a decent target man will complete the re-build. It''s a long season folks, so let''s stay calm, focussed and get behind the team.

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]3 points is an absolute must tomoz to give the lads confidence and steady the fans nerves, cos the next few games look difficult to say the least...i''d hate to go into these 6 games with no points and no goals against our name, make no mistake???

away     cardiff
home    brum
away     plymouth
home     qpr
home     sheff utd
away     barnsley

the away games are to teams, which haven''t been happy hunting grounds of late, and the home ties are against top 6 sides (in theory)...

this takes us to the end of sept??? 

i''d take mid-table posi after these if offered now!!!  if so, we could push on after that???
[/quote]

We have won on 2 of our last 3 visits to Cardiff and have won on our last 3 visits to Barnsley - you have an interesting view of unhappy hunting grounds!!! Equally, we have very good recent home records against Brum, QPR and Sheff Utd.

Having said that, they do look difficult games on paper but City do tend to do well when you don''t really expect it.

I did say to a mate today that the Blackpool game is almost a must win game already - if only to calm some of the hysteria that has built up over the last week.

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]3 points is an absolute must tomoz to give the lads confidence and steady the fans nerves, cos the next few games look difficult to say the least...i''d hate to go into these 6 games with no points and no goals against our name, make no mistake???

away     cardiff
home    brum
away     plymouth
home     qpr
home     sheff utd
away     barnsley

the away games are to teams, which haven''t been happy hunting grounds of late, and the home ties are against top 6 sides (in theory)...

this takes us to the end of sept??? 

i''d take mid-table posi after these if offered now!!!  if so, we could push on after that???
[/quote]

Now come on Lucky my friend, if things are as bad as some would have us believe you surely don''t need to make stuff up to make it worse. As a long suffering away supporter Barnsley and Cardiff are two of the few places I have recent happy memories [:O]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]3 points is an absolute must tomoz to give the lads confidence and steady the fans nerves, cos the next few games look difficult to say the least...i''d hate to go into these 6 games with no points and no goals against our name, make no mistake???away     cardiffhome    brumaway     plymouthhome     qprhome     sheff utdaway     barnsleythe away games are to teams, which haven''t been happy hunting grounds of late, and the home ties are against top 6 sides (in theory)...this takes us to the end of sept???  i''d take mid-table posi after these if offered now!!!  if so, we could push on after that??? [/quote]

Now come on Lucky my friend, if things are as bad as some would have us believe you surely don''t need to make stuff up to make it worse. As a long suffering away supporter Barnsley and Cardiff are two of the few places I have recent happy memories [:O]

[/quote]my mistake nutty (prefer that better than ''made up'') - you are of course correct - how could any of us forget young chedders glorious 30 yard rocket last year away ay cardiff???  we got lucky with chedders - a boy with a mans body and mind, and you say his replacement (OJ) has promise??? - i''ve not seen him yet and so reserve judgment, but if he''s anywhere near the quality of chedders, i''ll be well satisfied...

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][ and you say his replacement (OJ) has promise??? - i''ve not seen him yet and so reserve judgment, but if he''s anywhere near the quality of chedders, i''ll be well satisfied...

[/quote]

He''s a totally different player to Ched. And obviously he''s new to the game in this country. But yes I think he will be exciting to watch.

But I should add that I seem to be the only one who thinks that and I rate The Doc too [:O]

So maybe you should judge for yourself

I was gonna say...you''ve possibly named 2 of the best away grounds for us in recent years LGT! [:D]....To be honest, this league is so tight, it really doesn''t matter what team were playing, right now it doesn''t matter whether we play brum or swansea, or doncaster or derbyIf you''re on about unhappy hunting grounds why not try coventry, wolves, palace or my personal favourate sheffield wednesday...when''s the last time we won there?!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

But I should add that I seem to be the only one who thinks that and I rate The Doc too [:O]

So maybe you should judge for yourself

[/quote]

It''s alright, you''re not the only one. I''ve always thought Doc is a good, steady defender at Champ level. He was one of our best players last season (a view shared by both Grant and Roeder).