Sign in to follow this  
KeelansGlove

Norfolk Invasion

I''m originally from Lowie, spent the first 23 years of my life living just a few minutes from the town centre. I used to live along Norwich Road funnily enough, where my old man had a family butcher''s shop. I had, and still have when I go back to the town (which is frequently), some very happy times there. It''s definitely more of a yellow and green persuasion!

Not so sure about the Beccles area, I think that''s more 50/50 at the moment.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]As has been posted, you will be surprised how many yella''s come from Suffolk. I understand Bury has always has quite strong following traced back to the days before the war when ipswich was only a ''young'' club. Then followed the usual passing on of loyalty from parents to their children. I have lived in west Suffolk for over 40 years but born in GY. All my family are NCFC. I also think that Lowestoft has much improved over the years and most are yella''s. Of course I understand the Norfolk/Suffolk banter but all you Suffolk bashers just have a thought for us over the border preaching the Canary way!!......... and it''s not my fault that Delia lives down the road. I thank you.[/quote]

Did a bit of ''manual'' work a few years ago in ''Lowie'' for a month or so. The majority of blokes who I worked with from ''Lowie'' - where loyal Canary Fans.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

I was born and still live in Lowestoft, probably die there too!. Over the course of my many years here I''ve seen the guts ripped out it and we have a traffic system to break your heart on.

The one plus in all this is its only 23 miles from my door to Norwich and Carrow Road!.

[/quote]

Would you say that the majority of football fans in Lowestoft choose Norwich rather than Ipswich, Wiz? Do you find many scummers in town? What swayed your decision to follow the Boys in Yellow instead of Blue and White? An obvious factor is that Lowestoft is somewhat closer to Norwich than Ipswich, or is there more to it than that?

Soon , if the Norwich Unitary Bid goes ahead, the boundaries  are being re-drawn and Lowestoft will come under the control of Norfolk anyway - like it or not !!

It will be Yellow ''n Green - resistance is futile  [8o|]

http://www.norfolk.gov.uk/consumption/groups/public/documents/committee_report/norarea240708item5cpdf.pdf

http://www.broadland.gov.uk/PDF/draft_unitary_proposals_for_norfolk_and_suffolk_summary.pdf

i have to travel undercover from the safety of Norwich to behind enemy lines every day to work in ipswich, i darent even wear my norwich shirt when playing 5-a-side after work in the enemy capital!