Sign in to follow this  
KeelansGlove

Norfolk Invasion

Just reading the article on the BBC website about Lowestoft being part of Norfolk and it really made me laugh.

I moved out here a year or so ago and really love the town, big enough yet not too big. Didn''t sit too well that i was crossing the county line but I lived with the fact that I was on the front line protecting Norfolk from the rabble.

Although I did happen to mention this in a pub once and it didnt go down to well.

I think on the whole Lowestoft is a Norwich town and it would certainly be one in the eye for our southward looking brethren.

Anyone else out there manning the battlements ?

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]

Just reading the article on the BBC website about Lowestoft being part of Norfolk and it really made me laugh.

I moved out here a year or so ago and really love the town, big enough yet not too big. Didn''t sit too well that i was crossing the county line but I lived with the fact that I was on the front line protecting Norfolk from the rabble.

Although I did happen to mention this in a pub once and it didnt go down to well.

I think on the whole Lowestoft is a Norwich town and it would certainly be one in the eye for our southward looking brethren.

[/quote]lol I''m in Norwich but I like the idea of ''manning the battlements''!!  Just send word to Norwich if you require reinforcements!!  Sounds like something out of Lord of the Rings.   [:D]

Don''t worry you can sleep soundly in your bed we wont let any six fingered trolls past here.

BTW did you know Gorleston defected from the dark side ? apparently in 1974

Yeah I''m from Lowestoft mate and its definitely a yellow and green town, I know about 20 Norwich fans to every Ipswich fan here, and we even see more Spurs and West Ham fans here than Ipswich, Lowestoft is an Ipswich hating town!

I''m part of a secret sleeper group in Kent ready to expand the empire on the signal from Neil.

I''d be delighted that Lowestoft ISN''T part of Norfolk - what a dive!

Although not quite as bad as (not so - ) Great Yarmouth.

like you moved to the town few years ago! now just live on the outskirts in a nice village!! best of both worlds, close to the town/beach, close to the main road to the City!!

I have a idea to get rid of Suffolk foer good, dig a huge moat around them and cut them off from the main land. Make them a country of there own, then we won''t need to hear from them again, and it would make are country that little bit better.

Im also out this way and since I moved here from Norwich 13 years ago I have to say it''s much more Norwich based! Most scum fans from out of Ipswich are based in West Suffolk, only a small few are in this area. Im flying the green and yellow flag in this part of the world and pleased there are many others!

I cant stand Lowestoft,its an awful town.I''m from Great Yarmouth,a PROPERtown with PROPER people and its in Norfolk so up yours stoney!

I can''t believe GY has been referred to as a proper town with proper people in this thread. I can only assume it was meant as a sarcastic post!

I think the Norfolk bors sometimes forget that a huge contingent of Norwich''s support hails from Suffolk. Even places like Stowmarket and Bury!

[/quote] Had to move out of Manicksville (SOUTHWOLD)two years ago, now living in Beccles 25minutes off the trip to Carra but avaliable to reinforce the battlements

Don''t worry you can sleep soundly in your bed we wont let any six fingered trolls past here.

BTW did you know Gorleston defected from the dark side ? apparently in 1974

[/quote]

No, 1891. There was a history of Yarco trawlermen fighting with Lowestoft fishermen, pitched battles in which some were killed. This tradtion was re-ignited in the sixties when Yarmouth mods attacked Lowestoft mods in the Southtown Cafe in Lowestoft resulting in lots of tit for tat incidents. How about that for a bit of Friday lunchtime sandwich trivia.

As has been posted, you will be surprised how many yella''s come from Suffolk.

I understand Bury has always has quite strong following traced back to the days before the war when ipswich was only a ''young'' club. Then followed the usual passing on of loyalty from parents to their children.

I have lived in west Suffolk for over 40 years but born in GY. All my family are NCFC. I also think that Lowestoft has much improved over the years and most are yella''s.

Of course I understand the Norfolk/Suffolk banter but all you Suffolk bashers just have a thought for us over the border preaching the Canary way!!......... and it''s not my fault that Delia lives down the road. I thank you.

iam sure that the northern tip of lowerstoft is in norfolk, they have changed the map giving the dam scum more land.

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!!! we must plan an invasion to reclaim what is rightfully are''s

Billy Bunter.

1. Please go on a diet, you shouldnt carry that much weight.

2. Of course Lowestoft is an honourary Norfolk town.

It is closer to Norwich than to Ipswich

It has an NR postcode

Many of its citizens support NCFC.

To ncfcstar,you assumed wrong mate,in no way was it a sarcastic post.It came from a Bloaters heart.I dont know where you hail from,but I''m sure I would''nt slag it off(unless its in suffolk).Great Yarmouth is a town steeped in history,the story behind the towns coat of arms is just one facinating tale amongst many others.I even admit that during the 80''s and 90''s the town did go into decline but it is now slowly but surely reaching hieghts it once enjoyed.Plus the fact there are plenty of Yarmouth Yellows who have supported theclub through  thick and thin.As you can probably tell from this post I get terribly upset when someone slags off my home town so please leave well alone or i will find you,drag you down to the saefront and stick an icecream down your throat(dont worry I will pay for it),Thats me off my soapbox.

Living in Warrington I hold out against Liverpool and Everton fans on a regular basis and the odd manure fan. As I tell them, they should try supporting a real football club. They still take pity on me though. 

I was born and still live in Lowestoft, probably die there too!. Over the course of my many years here I''ve seen the guts ripped out it and we have a traffic system to break your heart on.

The one plus in all this is its only 23 miles from my door to Norwich and Carrow Road!.

[quote user="Lord Snooty"]No, 1891. There was a history of Yarco trawlermen fighting with Lowestoft fishermen, pitched battles in which some were killed. This tradtion was re-ignited in the sixties when Yarmouth mods attacked Lowestoft mods in the Southtown Cafe in Lowestoft resulting in lots of tit for tat incidents. How about that for a bit of Friday lunchtime sandwich trivia.

[/quote]

Ah! the Southtown Cafe..........happy memories of those wonderful days.