Sign in to follow this  
gissing canary

Celtic to sign Loovens - Kennedy?

Obviously we have 6months to decide, but by the sounds of things Kennedy has been quality so far.  Now they have Loovens, and seem stocked in the area, we could sign Kennedy permanently? If so any ideas if there is an agreed fee or anything?  That would give us 4actual centre backs!  But still no idea why we have that Tottenham kid, if he plans to play Omazuzui at CB.  

you would have thought the spurs lad would have gone straight in at mk otherwise whats the point of him being here ?.. he may as well play for spurs reserves as ours..another mystery glenn decision

Hopefully Glenn will have now realised Omuzusi is not good enough at CB, Troy is here purely for back up seeing as Doherty is injured.  If we got another injury at CB, we would be very short.  Quite a good idea I think especially considering Kennedy has only just returned from a long term injury.

I don''t know but from what I''ve gathered, Celtic just want Kennedy to spend 6 months playing first team football to get him fit for the run in to help out celtic if they need him. If they don''t need him then we possibly could buy him but I would think a couple of prem clubs would also be looking at him.

[quote user="ched seven"]you would have thought the spurs lad would have gone straight in at mk otherwise whats the point of him being here ?.. he may as well play for spurs reserves as ours..another mystery glenn decision[/quote]

Well, backup? We need more than the starting 11...

[quote user="ched seven"]you would have thought the spurs lad would have gone straight in at mk otherwise whats the point of him being here ?.. he may as well play for spurs reserves as ours..another mystery glenn decision[/quote]

Good call, Ched - I just think that Troy hadn''t had enough time to settle in after his move - he probably didn''t know the names of his team-mates earlier this week! I''d be very surprised if GR didn''t use Troy instead of Omo in the same situation in the future.

[quote user="LinkNR9"]

Good call, Ched - I just think that Troy hadn''t had enough time to settle in after his move - he probably didn''t know the names of his team-mates earlier this week! I''d be very surprised if GR didn''t use Troy instead of Omo in the same situation in the future.

[/quote]

And that as well. Hes just cover for Doherty until he comes back methinks. And if he is as good as he sounds im sure he will crack our starting lineup.

With regards to Kennedy, by all accounts he is real quality, and if he gets back to his best he will be starting for Celtic. So unless he has lost a bit of his talent then I think we have no chance of a permanent, can hope though [:)]

Celtic may just want a fee but will they accept £250,000, can we raise that much?