Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

The Norwich Model.

Maybe we should follow the South/Watling/Chase model? The Norwich Model.

Up from Div 3, years in Div 2, years in the top flight (over 20), League Cup wins, FA Cup semi-finals.

How can anyone seriously argue about that record?

But I suppose that is not good enough for Smith, Munby, Doncaster et al.

We must be comfy, homely and community orientated.

Tosh. Football is a hard game, a hard business - a man''s game.

About winning - rather than just taking part.

Our beloved Canaries are being suffocated by the old amateur ethos.

The club needs a focussed can-do example from the top. A professional approach. Believe me.

The owners and board have thrown a winning model out of the window.

The Norwich Model is the solution to the clubs woes.

But who will bell the cat?

One love.

OTBC

Ah, the good ole Robert Chase 3 point plan:

Get the finances right
Get the ground right
Then go and and win something

Did not do very well there did he?  Failed quite badly on the first part.  Leaving a 7 million debt with a bank was genius.

Remember 5 million in 1995 could buy you a Chris Sutton.....18 million in 2007 could buy you a Darren Bent.

Still we were all loving that Canary carpet and the Norwich City radio we had - although they failed to contribute to the club''s income.

[quote user="nobbyg"]

Ah, the good ole Robert Chase 3 point plan:

Get the finances right
Get the ground right
Then go and and win something

Did not do very well there did he?  Failed quite badly on the first part.  Leaving a 7 million debt with a bank was genius.

Remember 5 million in 1995 could buy you a Chris Sutton.....18 million in 2007 could buy you a Darren Bent.

Still we were all loving that Canary carpet and the Norwich City radio we had - although they failed to contribute to the club''s income.

[/quote]

Wood. Trees.

Did you enjoy the ride from 1958 to 1995 or not?

NCFC is supposed to be a football club, not a community love-in.

OTBC

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Wasn''t Sarah Thomas the Norwich Model? whatever happeened to her?

jas :)

[/quote]

I dunno, but I''m sure she was much better than that Smith/Munby/Doncaster model.

OTBC

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_ThomasShe''s not listed in wikipedia, Jas, so she must have vanished from the face of the earth.  I expect she''s got two kids, has put on five stone and stands outside the school gates puffing on a Marlboro while calling out for Talulah and/or Sonny to come over ''ere before she ''as to go over there.

So you are grouping the whole 37 years under one banner then?  I did not enjoy the period from jan 1st 05 through to May 06.  An awful period for our club.  Amazing how 37 years of "good work" could unravel soooooooo quickly.  Reminds me of Robert Maxwell or Nick Leeson.

You are stuck in the past if you think using the word community linked to a football club is wrong.  Or perhaps the only people who should have any interest in the club are 20-30 year olds trying to fight each other.  It is amazing how many football clubs managed to survive through the 80''s and 90''s as kids were hardly encouraged to go during the 70''s.

The whole point is that the football club is the part of the community.  This is the reason why most people believe they own a part of it and in turn are owed something.  When in true reality we are customers who pay the for the right to sit on a piece of plastic 23 times a year.  Or don''t you care about the club trying to sweep up all of the kids who would otherwise spend their football life watching Sky.  All of the catering and outside interests add to the cash the club has, unlike your mate Bob Chase''s numerous company cars and Hand woven carpet. 

Do you care about your local village post office? (Only said to get a reaction......)

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Thomas

She''s not listed in wikipedia, Jas, so she must have vanished from the face of the earth.  I expect she''s got two kids, has put on five stone and stands outside the school gates puffing on a Marlboro while calling out for Talulah and/or Sonny to come over ''ere before she ''as to go over there.

[/quote]

Is that defamatory (sp)???

She lived with Greeno near Diss for a while, they then split up and she moved to London to study and become a nutrionist.  Last seen by me writing stuff in the EDP Norfolk magazine or such like.  Perhaps you could ask a member of her family...readily seen on Norfolk Cricket pitches all summer. I tried to buy her a drink at a young farmers party after the Norfolk Show in about 1995....and failed!

[quote user="nobbyg"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_ThomasShe''s not listed in wikipedia, Jas, so she must have vanished from the face of the earth.  I expect she''s got two kids, has put on five stone and stands outside the school gates puffing on a Marlboro while calling out for Talulah and/or Sonny to come over ''ere before she ''as to go over there.

[/quote]

Is that defamatory (sp)???

[/quote]I hope not, but that''s what''s happened to all the fit girls I went to school with so I took an educated guess.  Good luck to her if she''s building a career, hope it works out for her.

[quote user="nobbyg"]

So you are grouping the whole 37 years under one banner then?  I did not enjoy the period from jan 1st 05 through to May 06.  An awful period for our club.  Amazing how 37 years of "good work" could unravel soooooooo quickly.  Reminds me of Robert Maxwell or Nick Leeson.

You are stuck in the past if you think using the word community linked to a football club is wrong.  Or perhaps the only people who should have any interest in the club are 20-30 year olds trying to fight each other.  It is amazing how many football clubs managed to survive through the 80''s and 90''s as kids were hardly encouraged to go during the 70''s.

The whole point is that the football club is the part of the community.  This is the reason why most people believe they own a part of it and in turn are owed something.  When in true reality we are customers who pay the for the right to sit on a piece of plastic 23 times a year.  Or don''t you care about the club trying to sweep up all of the kids who would otherwise spend their football life watching Sky.  All of the catering and outside interests add to the cash the club has, unlike your mate Bob Chase''s numerous company cars and Hand woven carpet. 

Do you care about your local village post office? (Only said to get a reaction......)

[/quote]

So ou think that NCFC is a social service intervention initiative?

No wonder its gone soft.

Dear oh dear.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nobbyg"]

[/quote]

So ou think that NCFC is a social service intervention initiative?

No wonder its gone soft.

Dear oh dear.

OTBC

[/quote]

Not quite what I said but nice twisting.

I am not quite sure what you are trying to say.  You seem to by harping back to the past.  The world has changed and moved on, you need to catch up.  I bet Millwall and Leeds both have football in the community schemes.  If you are blaming our onfield performance in the last 3 years to the community stuff then you are wrong.

Have a look how many leaflets there are at a Tesco check out.  Why do they sell Insurance?  Because they can, because they need to diversify and because it makes them money.  Or perhaps they should concentrate on only selling fresh veg...and end up shutting in a year.

Didn''t you enjoy the run to the play-offs, the promotion and the Premier season?

However much you dress it up the anti Delia feeling is not even on the same planet as the anti Chase feeling.

[quote]When in true reality we are customers who pay the for the right to sit on a piece of plastic 23 times a year.[/quote]

...and to watch a DECENT football team on the pitch. You forgot that one.

[quote]Or don''t you care about the club trying to sweep up all of the kids who would otherwise spend their football life watching Sky.[/quote]

I think its nice they want to get kids into watching Norwich City at a young age. Might be even better if they got to watch quality football too however, and thats the bit we still haven''t got right - the important bit.

[quote]Have a look how many leaflets there are at a Tesco check out.  Why do they sell Insurance?  Because they can, because they need to diversify and because it makes them money.[/quote]

Yeah, but then Tesco doesn''t begin cost cutting and under-investing on their food - the very thing that makes them who they are - in order to fund these additional services.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Maybe we should follow the South/Watling/Chase model?

Up from Div 3, years in Div 2, years in the top flight (over 20), League Cup wins, FA Cup semi-finals.

[/quote]

Happy and Im smiling,
Walk a mile to drink your water.
You know Id love to love you,
And above you theres no other.
Well go walking out
While others shout of wars disaster.
Oh, we wont give in,
Lets go living in the past.

Once I used to join in
Every boy and girl was my friend.
Now theres revolution, but they dont know
What theyre fighting.
Let us close out eyes;
Outside their lives go on much faster.
Oh, we wont give in,
Well keep living in the past.

[sn][O]

[quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Maybe we should follow the South/Watling/Chase model?

[/quote]

Happy and Im smiling,
Walk a mile to drink your water.
You know Id love to love you,
And above you theres no other.
Well go walking out
While others shout of wars disaster.
Oh, we wont give in,
Lets go living in the past.

Once I used to join in
Every boy and girl was my friend.
Now theres revolution, but they dont know
What theyre fighting.
Let us close out eyes;
Outside their lives go on much faster.
Oh, we wont give in,
Well keep living in the past.

[sn][O]

[/quote]

Those who forget their history are condemned to repeat their mistakes.

But would wazzocks understand that.

Obviously the real Norwich Model worked.

Are you saying there''s nothing to learn from it?[8-|]

Dear oh dear.

OTBC