Sign in to follow this  
St.John Cooper

Thatcher and Shola, just 1 question?

I dont know about you but these 2 signings I would have taken over ANY of ours!  How can they manage it and we cant?

Would love to know the answer to this one question?

OTBC

St.John

Not Thatcher, thugish man any decent self respecting football club could do without.  (Cue we don''t want morales we want to win).

[quote user="AndyJR"]Not Thatcher, thugish man any decent self respecting football club could do without.  (Cue we don''t want morales we want to win).
[/quote]

What position does morales play,Andy?

[quote user="St.John Cooper"]

I dont know about you but these 2 signings I would have taken over ANY of ours!  How can they manage it and we cant?

OTBC

St.John

[/quote]

Money & nothing else!

Good Morning St. John Cooper

It''s nice to see that you would like to see my nephew at your club. But of course you must know that all us Thatchers are true blues. I''m sure young Ben will fit in well at his new club. While his new employers are kicking the local businessmen in the teeth he can be kicking the other teams players.

But try not to be so jealous of your rivals, many of our troubles are due to the fact that our people turn to money for everything and are envious of their more wealthy neighbours. Now remember St. John that the club you are so envious of is the same club that short changed your Ambulance Service with a paltry five pence in the pound.

You see it''s not the envy of wealth that is wrong, but love of money for it''s own sake. Ill gotten gains are not a recipe for success and despite the fact I am a true blue by allegiance I do feel that you have an advantage over my team because you have a woman in charge. I hope she goes on and on and on and on and on and on just like I did! You have to remember a woman has the ability to stick to a job and get on with it when everyone else walks off and leaves it. You see it may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs. Any woman who understands the problems of running a kitchen will be nearer to understanding the problems of running a football club. I was always taught that if you want something said, ask a man. If you want something done, ask a woman.

Now I have enjoyed our little chat, please remember me to that wizard chap and remind him - you turn if you want to, the lady''s not for turning.

Be true to your heart and aim for your dreams...

Margaret.

[quote user="St.John Cooper"]

OTBC

St.John

[/quote]

Dont forget about Campo John. He may be a bit chubby around the sides but he will play some proper footy in the Championship. A bit better than our Fozzy dont you think????

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]They have also had a bid accepted for Moritz Voltz of Fulham .
[/quote]Oh no, that''s shocking news. [:S]

Wonderful real life moment with Mrs T.

"I love Grantham.  It has so many memories for me, particularly of my childhood.  My father was rather formal - my Mother used to say: "Father likes to do things his way."

"Each morning, after breakfast, he would put on his brown coat and go out into our shop.  When you walked through the door to the shop there were the packet goods to the left, things like biscuits, and to the right tins, soups, beans and peas.

"We sold tea and sugar loose then out of huge bins, weighed out as to what they wanted into paper bags and loose sweets of course.

"I used to help on Saturday''s.  I think I was about nine when I first started.  There was a huge cash register with enormous keys and my Father used to say: 3s/11d and I''d press down on the keys and the drawer would shoot out.........very happy memories of childhood.  I loved our little shop.  When  I was considerably older, my Mother said Father was the kindest man she had ever met and she had known he was for her from the moment they first met."

I know it doesn''t fit with the politics but it was a wonderful interview to do. 

Written by me and published in the defunct Today newspaper in the series: My childhood.