Sign in to follow this  
Nz canary

Greeno as Captain

Have you seen the way Robert Green, demands, and controlls the penalty area very well, what about him as Captain?

OTBC

P.S How old is Chris Sutton, maybe we could sign him.

" ........and controlls the penalty area very well "

When he can do the same with the rest of the pitch then possibly so

An interesting idea and worth consideration for next season. But to change now would be (possibly) demoralising for Adam Drury.

I am thoroughly of the opinion that there should be leaders all over the pitch, not just the one figurehead captain. Business doesn''t have just one manager that everyone in the organisation reports directly to. It has many managers in a hierarchy. Managers at a lower level act at a local level whilst higher level managers look after strategy. NCFC actually does this pretty well. 3 leaders in defence and Holt in midfield whith the coaching staff (NW in particular) dealing with strategy.

Adam Drury being "captain" is simply a name, someone to do the ceremonial. As such, it makes little difference to me and (I doubt) the players. As professionals, they should be well enough motivated to ensure their own performance and that of other is high without that direction having to come from a named person.