Sign in to follow this  
Rabbit

bentley

Did anyone else see the interview with bentley before the game saturday...
all he kept saying was WE this and WE that and he was`nt talking about Norwich, and when pressed on who he wanted to win, he would`nt answer, but looking into his eyes you could tell he wanted the gunners to win, while i know he is still one of their players i`m not sure if i want to see him in a norwich shirt again...

I''m guessing this is a wind up, but if it isn''t how can you tell what a player is thinking by looking into his eyes. If you were an Arsenal player on loan to Norwich what would you say, nothing. Bentley is a great asset to Norwich and has already shown his commitment to the club by his performances on the field. I think someone needs to ''Get Real''.

didnt see it, but if jarvis was at luton and we where playing them in the cup and he was jumping up and down at the prospect of turning us(city)over, then i think he might well have got a roasting from the supporters, so i wouldnt read too much in to it, its just great for the club to have him for a season!

leave him alone, he''s a gooner we know that, happy to be doing a job for a season at norwich.

he''s a class player and we missed him against arsenal on sat.

I think Bentley still has a lot to prove, in a way I think we played better against Arsenal than if Bentley would have been in the line-up. Has had a couple of good shots and seems keen to run with the ball but he is a little light weight and his passing is far from consistent at the moment. I think Huckerby looks better on the left wing than Bentley also. I hope he doesn''t get automatic starts all the time, you need to earn your place in the squad. I think we played very well in the second half against Arsenal, and that was with 3 central midfielders, maybe that''s the way we need to play in some games, more guts in the middle of the park, and Bentley doesn''t provide that. Don''t miss quote me, he could be a great catch for the year but he isn''t the solution to all our problems. As for interview, I can understand his tricky predicament but saying "we" whilst referring to Arsenal was foolish and a little more diplomacy will be required next time. He is on loan at Norwich City FC and his commitment for 1 year should be with us, or as he would say "them" !

Ofcourse he not going to say who he wants to win because he would up set either the Norwich fans or the Arsenal fans. He obviously wants to go back to Arsenal at the end of the season and although he is loanded out to us he is still technically and Arsenal player so maybe that was what he was referring to when he said "we". He is a good player and we are going to benifit from that. Everbody makes mistakes and we should give him the benifit of the doubt.

Get carter, this is pathetic!

He doesnt want to fall-out with arsenal as he is going back there after his loan period, and they would ask a big sum if he was not wanted at the club.

He''s hit the bar against Man U and scored against Newcastle. If nothing else the publicity he brings the club is worth his weight in gold.

So what, he hit the bar at Man U, he spent the rest of the game passing to the opposition! don''t forget that. He scored a fortunate goal at newcastle also. He still has a lot to prove, lets take our blinkers off for a minute, OK so Arsene says he''s good, let''s not belive too much yet. Good luck to him but he isn''t the the Norwich City saviour yet! I still think he should be refering to Norwich as "we" and not Arsenal, minor point possibly, but still seems obvious to me since NCFC are his current employer.

Its bound to be difficult for him if he is asked questions like that. All I care about is his commitment to our cause and I don''t think you can fault it on the pitch. End of story.

I saw the interview and I thought he handled it very diplomatically. If he commits himself he has stuffed himself with the supporters of the team he didn''t pick. He''s on loan and we cannot expect him to regard us as his true home as he''s going back in May. Until then Nige will make sure he gets the most out of him.