Sign in to follow this  
Ivan Easter

Huckerby

I have to agree we''re missing that bit of killer creativity which Hux used to provide.But at the same time; Hoolahoop should be able to do a job for us, as should Croft. We need an end product!

He''s gone but what do we have at the moment, dont tell me that you are content with what we have. It took one of last seasons squad to score, what does that tell you?

Get over it, - Bunny

That''s what they''d like us to do, just get over it.  Don''t do anything to improve, just get over the fact that our team sucks right now, but keep showing up 25,000 strong to support pathetic efforts,and when you''re on the way home, just get over it.

Bunny, it''s people like you who keep just getting over it that makes our board feel safe and secure about doing almost nothing to improve the team. 

2 penalties conceded in 2 games?  When did that become Norwich football?

[quote user="Eggy"]Should have kept him.So far this team is not working.[/quote]No, we shouldn''t have kept him.  We created enough chances today to cane Blackpool, and what we need is a goalscorer.  How many did Hucks score in his last 3 seasons?

[quote user="Lambo8"]

20-25??

was about 6, 13 and 6 wasn''t it? 

[/quote]                Played   Goals2005-6     43     -     82006-7    40     -     82007-8    34     -     5

Coulda sworn he had more than that 06/07... then again he scored 4 or 5 in the FA cup so thats probably right.

I said between 20-25 so i was only 3 out :P

[quote user="Thirst Wizard"]We will talk about Hucks if we want, ask Neil Adams... If you don''t want to talk about Hucks ignore the thread.[/quote]Are you twelve?

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

Get over it, - Bunny

That''s what they''d like us to do, just get over it.  Don''t do anything to improve, just get over the fact that our team sucks right now, but keep showing up 25,000 strong to support pathetic efforts,and when you''re on the way home, just get over it.

Bunny, it''s people like you who keep just getting over it that makes our board feel safe and secure about doing almost nothing to improve the team. 

2 penalties conceded in 2 games?  When did that become Norwich football?

[/quote]

Blimey, im aggreeing with houston lol...

Everybody who says we should get over it is stupid and the reason nothing gets done about the downfall of this club. We did nothing to voice our opinions on Hucks leaving and today showed how much we need him.

Quite agree that we should have kept Hucks, no-one has been brought in who''s any better and yes I have moved on before you ask but thats my opinion to which I''m entitled.

Jesus wept - we''ve been crap for the last 3 seasons, and whichever way you look at it, Huckerby has been a big part of that.I would have like to have seen him given another year, but he wasn''t. I would also like to see Roberts, Ashton, Green, Bellamy, and Mackay (when they were at their best) still in the squad, but they''re not.

[quote user="cityangel"]

Quite agree that we should have kept Hucks, no-one has been brought in who''s any better and yes I have moved on before you ask but thats my opinion to which I''m entitled.

[/quote]Yes, of course you are entitled to your opinion.  We''ll agree to disagree, as I don''t think Huckerby would have made any significant difference to today''s match.  He''d have been crossing it to nobody just like everyone else.

[quote user="I. Shurmer"]Jesus wept - we''ve been crap for the last 3 seasons, and whichever way you look at it, Huckerby has been a big part of that.

I would have like to have seen him given another year, but he wasn''t. I would also like to see Roberts, Ashton, Green, Bellamy, and Mackay (when they were at their best) still in the squad, but they''re not.
[/quote]

Roberts and Mackay - yes they should have been given another year in the premiership, but we had got to the premiership and were going places at that moment in time (unlike now, we''re we are slowly falling)

Ashton And Green - couldn''t have done anything to keep either of them. Manager had no choice.

Bellamy - I dont know the full story of what terms he left on as I wasn''t yet old enough to where I was a fully fledged supporter so I can''t comment on that.

Huckerby - many fans favourite, wanted to stay, fans wanted him to stay, easily could have renewed his contract, one if not THE most creative player on our team and could make things happen.

Now tell me that Huckerby leaving was equal to these other players you mentioned leaving.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Thirst Wizard"]We will talk about Hucks if we want, ask Neil Adams... If you don''t want to talk about Hucks ignore the thread.[/quote]Are you twelve?[/quote]Do you really dress as a Storm Trooper?

[quote user="Thirst Wizard"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Thirst Wizard"]We will talk about Hucks if we want, ask Neil Adams... If you don''t want to talk about Hucks ignore the thread.[/quote]Are you twelve?[/quote]Do you really dress as a Storm Trooper?[/quote]Only at weekends.  During the week I like to rock that Christina Aguilera look.  Come and see me at Spearmint Rhino and I''ll give you a special treat.Anyway, shouldn''t we be talking about Huckerby?

[quote user="jetstream"]>Do you really dress as a Storm Trooper?

Do you really dress as General Kitchener?

Bit of an odd look for a wizard.[/quote]My Handle Bar mustache would tickle anybody''s fancy

Yep should of kept Hucks he is better than anything in this team and people thinking one striker is going to make much difference are living in a dream world , we will be lucky to stay up and Roeders not the messiah you all claim he is either .

Hucks was a flair player and has been replaced by hooligan...

The one player we havent replaced is Dion... what he bought off the field was just as important, if not more so, then what he did on the field... We are missing that Leader and the calm head on the field.. we wont replace him for a while..

he''s the man we miss.. not hucks...

what would hucks have done today that Hoolahan wouldnt of?

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Hucks was a flair player and has been replaced by hooligan...

The one player we havent replaced is Dion... what he bought off the field was just as important, if not more so, then what he did on the field... We are missing that Leader and the calm head on the field.. we wont replace him for a while..

he''s the man we miss.. not hucks...

what would hucks have done today that Hoolahan wouldnt of?

jas :)

[/quote]

Funny you should say that. I found myself thinking alot of times today how Huckerby would have created something much greater than we did on many of our attacks. A couple of times were Hoolahan was forced into the middle leaving clingan fotherigham and Hoolahan all packed in with no width. Huckerby would have been out wide and been another option.