Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

Omozusi vs Otsemobor...

I''m not Semi''s biggest fan, given that positionally he''s not the sharpest, but I''m pretty sure he''d be better at right back than Omozusi was today - and would give us more going forwards with his pace, too.Is Carrow Road going to become some kind of finishing school for promising Premiership kids?

I prefer Semmy from what I''ve seen. Unsure if Roeder is doing this to bring the best out of him or if he just doesn''t rate him.

[quote user="Chocolatebuttons"]

surely everyony even rooney has bad games sometimes let it rest we have another 44 games to go

[/quote]

That sounds like an invitation to start a countdown clock. 43 games.... 42 games... 41 games...

Anyway, answer the question.  Who would you prefer at right back out of the two choices?

Omozusi looks okay - it''s a tough call between him and Otsemobor, though Semmy can feel a bit unlucky. He was one of our better players last season.

I liked Otsemobor, but I''d feel much safer with Omozusi there. From what i''ve seen of him here, and for the England youth he is very promising.

I cant believe Otsemobor was left out of the 16 today. Especially at home against a weak team which we should be attacking. Otsemobor is by far a better attacking option. And after Omozusi''s stupid challenge for the penelty he also seems a better option defensively.

He doesn''t let players past him no. But he leaves them lying on the floor and a penelty to the opposition. I had an excellent view of the challenge mate and he was never going to win it, such a clumsy challenge.

[quote user="FozzyFan"]

omozusi can defend, semmy cant.

id rather have a measured right back than a wing back.

yes omozusi gave a way a penatly but does not let players past him.

[/quote]

Doesnt let players past him...? As I recall he let Hammil go past him then couldnt catch up and made a stupid challenge...?
I thought at times Omozusi seemed a bit lacklustre at getting back in position, often getting caught in midfield when he should have been defending- Otsemobor does the same but has more than enough speed and desire to get him back in place

Going forward Semmy is far better and at the back theres not much in it.

Whats wrong with trying Semmy on right midfield?, Gotta be better than fatty patty who played today.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I''m not Semi''s biggest fan, given that positionally he''s not the sharpest, but I''m pretty sure he''d be better at right back than Omozusi was today - and would give us more going forwards with his pace, too.
Is Carrow Road going to become some kind of finishing school for promising Premiership kids?
[/quote]

Playing the diamond on Tuesday night we were crying out for width from the full backs. Drury looked rusty as an old bucket and Otsemebor didn''t look like a player who was taking his chance to give Roeder a selection headache.

[quote user="4-4-2"]

Whats wrong with trying Semmy on right midfield?, Gotta be better than fatty patty who played today.

[/quote]

Patty had a good game there today.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="4-4-2"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

your joking arn''t ya?? Patty had a good game???

He didnt once beat his man and had to come back on himself every time as he has no right foot, player out of position, should never of happened. We were much better when croft came on, but he was still the same old, cant cross.

[quote user="4-4-2"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="4-4-2"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

He didnt once beat his man and had to come back on himself every time as he has no right foot, player out of position, should never of happened. We were much better when croft came on, but he was still the same old, cant cross.

[/quote]

If you''ve been married three times and still have the same in-laws you probably live in Ipswich.

Now that was a joke, a very poor one but a joke none the less.

I thought Pattison had a good game and was at the heart of a lot of our best moments first half.

Now that''s my opinion.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="4-4-2"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="4-4-2"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If you''ve been married three times and still have the same in-laws you probably live in Ipswich.

Now that was a joke, a very poor one but a joke none the less.

I thought Pattison had a good game and was at the heart of a lot of our best moments first half.

Now that''s my opinion.

[/quote]

And mine, for what it''s worth.  Patty did his job well today and if you can''t see that then you''re probably blinkered by prejudice.

Now here''s another joke.Police arrested two men outside the ground today, one with a car battery and one with a giant firework.  They charged one, and let the other one off.

Ah, it''s the way I tell ''em.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I thought Pattison had a good game and was at the heart of a lot of our best moments first half. [/quote]I thought so too, our best midfielder but that may also be down to the fact the others were shocking. But as Pattison is now the new scapegoat we can''t expect credit where it''s due when he does put in a decent performance.

Id like to see what Otsemobor could do at Right-Mid, he has the strength and speed required.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="nutty nigel"]I thought Pattison had a good game and was at the heart of a lot of our best moments first half. [/quote]

I thought so too, our best midfielder but that may also be down to the fact the others were shocking. But as Pattison is now the new scapegoat we can''t expect credit where it''s due when he does put in a decent performance.
[/quote]

Definately. Didn''t set the world allight by all means.. But compared to alot of them out their today. He did well to be fair to the guy. Having said that, I dont think he should have been in the team to start with. Yes he''s had a decent game. But no way did he do anything to deserve another starting place ahead of Russell in previous games.