Sign in to follow this  
Peeky-NCFC

Croft And Russell

Yeah i agree, however he''s unlikely to drop Fotheringham as he''s captain, even though he should. Unless he plays Rusty up front. Patterson out, Croft in, he''s the only Huckerby like player we seem to have who''s willing to beat a player and show some threat!

yerp but surely roeders got to see that fozzy isnt doing anything at the minute

and i hope so despratley as im going to the game i hope we sign this big man or even a big man

please roeder pull your finger out

i find it that the entire crowd relise things before roeder does

and did anyone else just here on canary call that supposedly jimmy floyd-hasslebank was in the directors box

wish croft would  tae players on more and go forward rather than back,

but he''s a 10000000000 times better than pattison (or however you spell lardys name)

wish croft would  take players on more and go forward rather than back,

but he''s a 10000000000 times better than pattison (or however you spell lardys name)

Why would you play Lee "No End Product" Croft, (who only lumps balls at the first defender/out of play), without a big striker to aim at in the box?  Makes no sense to keep punting it into the box unless you''ve got a big presence there.

[quote user="Ruckle"]

because at least he runs forward with the ball

[/quote]

Well, if running forward is what you''re looking for then you have a point.

Both should have started the game.

I''d be equally happy to see Rusty in central midfield or upfront, he''s an improvement in both areas.

Definately. Croft is given so much undeserved stick. Much better than Pattison. Russell despite if Roeder might not like him. I dont care Glenn, he''s proved you wrong yet again so deal with it - play him and actually have a chance of picking up some points.

Otsemobor can be added to that. What has he done to deserve to be dropped from the whole 16. Much better option attacking-wise than Omozusi, and whilst i was thinking Omozusi is perhaps better defensively. That ridiculously stupid challenge for the penelty made me think otherwise.

[quote user="Ruckle"]surely both of these players must start against cardiff 2 leave us in with a chance of winning or taking a point![/quote]

According to a lot of posters they say Crofty is rubbish, however I like him as a wide player, he adds another dimension to the game, also Rusty, another not scared to get in amongst it when needed, both IMHO should be on from the start.  I don''t know what the hell GR is thinking not starting them.

I wouldnt put Croft in my 5 a side team, i cant believe some of the fans on here especially those who watched us during the 80`s and 90`s, and have seen some of the cracking wingers we had during that time, Barham, Gordon, Fox, Eadie, Adams, Huckerby.  Croft isnt fit to clean their boots, i wont criticize his effort, but he`s no footballer, can`t cross, can`t shoot, can`t beat his man.

They are 3 attributes needed to be a winger, sorry not good enough, plenty of talented wingers in the lower divisions, cmon Glenn get one in.

[quote user="Tim Dawson"]

I wouldnt put Croft in my 5 a side team, i cant believe some of the fans on here especially those who watched us during the 80`s and 90`s, and have seen some of the cracking wingers we had during that time, Barham, Gordon, Fox, Eadie, Adams, Huckerby.  Croft isnt fit to clean their boots, i wont criticize his effort, but he`s no footballer, can`t cross, can`t shoot, can`t beat his man.

They are 3 attributes needed to be a winger, sorry not good enough, plenty of talented wingers in the lower divisions, cmon Glenn get one in.

[/quote]

Trouble is Tim we aren''t in the 80''s or 90''s, that''s in the past, albeit glorious times, we are in 2008, different players, different times.

Welcome to the NCFC team 2008/9

glenn ''i have no favourites roedy'' clearly believes crofty is a limited player, if we take him at his word - cos he picked matty patty to play outa posi ahead of him - poor ole crofty - the boy is willing, but watching him trying to find his footballing brain is painful...imo crofty lacks the nouse/craft or both to create goals and take up goalscoring posi''s...despite being schooled by 3 different managers/staff and having had the benefit of watching, training and playing with hux for 2 full seasons...i must say i saw some improvement last term in crofty, but really - for roedy to pick a centre-mid with a left foot to play on the right wing ahead of croft says it all for me.,/

I know that "we are yellows" but surely it doesnt mean we have to accept 2nd rate dross like Croft surely, he`s in his third year with us surely you can`t give him any more time?

Croft v pattison?  Croft everytime;  still think that chadwick deserves a chance on the wide right as croft works hard and keeps a good shape but simply does not deliver enough attacking ball.

Russel would start for me next week;  his willingness today was excellent but he is not a striker;  the goal apart (which he scored similar types last season and was a midfielders not strikers goal) he gave plenty of effort but did not play as a striker;  I would play him in place of either clingan or fozzy;  if its as a striker ahead of OJ or the other pair I despair for this club. 

[quote user="Tim Dawson"]I know that "we are yellows" but surely it doesnt mean we have to accept 2nd rate dross like Croft surely, he`s in his third year with us surely you can`t give him any more time?[/quote]

lol @ second rate dross.

You are more than entitled to you opinions, as am I.  But really you cannot compare teams from the 80''s and 90''s to the ones now.  For a start our whole squad has been built on a shoestring compared to other clubs in our league.

Regardless of how we feel about individual players it''s the team we''ve got now, and there is nothing you, I or the 24/25,000 people who go week in week out can do about it.

I am a huge JC fan, but that lad couldn''t hit a barn door with a banjo of late.

Yes we deserve better, we deserve to be in the Prem, but look at who we have in charge and how much they can offer the manager to bring in perm players of prem quality.

If you want to talk about 2nd rate dross look no further than the Doc, that man IMO is a liability, closely followed by Fozzy. 

If we got rid of Croft, who would we get to cover his position that is a bigger improvement?

I accept that " we are yellows" but for a cuple of hundred grand there are a couple of gems in league two on the wing, thats what we have always done, unearthed gems, polished them and sold them on for profit, i know we can`t spend millions, for what its worth im with you on the docherty comments, but i feel Glenn has addressed this with Stefanovic and Kennedy.

A good target man and a right winger and we wont be far away, but it has to be soon! 

i agree weareyellows49

crofty is the best weve got aTm imo

unless bell recovers very quickly and is the complete winger so he can run at the defence, whip in a good ball and hopefully be able to shoot that leaves us with Chadwick who of what ive seen of him is a good squad team member. he CAN shoot does often whip in a good ball but doesnt have much pace