Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Ricardo's Report

Just like last season it was a pleasant stroll up Bracondale at half past two and a not so pleasant stroll back to Trowse at 5pm.

In between however there is very little to report. We created and missed several good chances but never really looked like winning it after Blackpool''s penalty.

Lupoli and Cureton won''t cut it in this league. We need a big guy and we need him quick.

One thing is painfully obvious. This bunch of Loanees,young boys and second raters won''t get us into a top six position. Some pretty pretty football at times but that''s not going to win games is it?

In a nutshell this season looks like panning out much like several previous seasons.

[quote user="ricardo"]

Just like last season it was a pleasant stroll up Bracondale at half past two and a not so pleasant stroll back to Trowse at 5pm.

In between however there is very little to report. We created and missed several good chances but never really looked like winning it after Blackpool''s penalty.

Lupoli and Cureton won''t cut it in this league. We need a big guy and we need him quick.

One thing is painfully obvious. This bunch of Loanees,young boys and second raters won''t get us into a top six position. Some pretty pretty football at times but that''s not going to win games is it?

In a nutshell this season looks like panning out much like several previous seasons.

[/quote]You have this habit of being right about things, Ricardo, but I disagree with the caveat that if - IF - IF - we get in two decent strikers, we''ll create enough chances to win a lot of home games.  I still think 8-10th is achieveable, but we need some money to be spent to make this the case.  In some ways, that Russell goal might cost us more in the long run.

Cureton and Lupoli just can''t play together. That was painfully obvious today. Lupoli can still be a good player for us (though he wasn''t great today) but Cureton just looks finished. His one on one in the first half just summed it up. He looks destroyed - he didn''t have the belief in himself to finish it and squared it to someone who was offside. I feel sorry for him, but I can''t see him getting into Roeder''s team when someone else is signed.

[quote user="Dom."]He didn''t square it he mishit it and that''s where it ended up
[/quote]

Maybe he did. It just looked like a cross from where I was sat - maybe I''ll see it again on highlights.

From the Upper Barclay it looked like a badly mishit shot - but even if he was offside Lupoli should have put it in... Have to say that it was hugely frustrating today - we played poorly yet still had the chances to win comfortably. Depends if you want to put a negative/positive interpretation on that I suppose!

[quote user="Fergie"]

[quote user="Dom."]He didn''t square it he mishit it and that''s where it ended up[/quote]

Maybe he did. It just looked like a cross from where I was sat - maybe I''ll see it again on highlights.

[/quote]On radio norfolk Neil Adams watched the replays and he said it was a bady scuffed shot. But I agree, Lupoli definately should''ve put that one away.