Sign in to follow this  
lucky green trainers

crowd reaction to lupoli miss.,/

he was offside anyways, and probably wasn''t expecting to receive a knee-high  screwed shot from curo - but the lower barclay reaction was very surprising...loads of punters got up, gesticulating and shouting a whole host of comments at poor lupes - so many voices that i couldn''t make out individual comments.,/curo looked ashed faced, and when the rants died down, had retreated back towards the half-way line - where i saw him attempting to clap the crowd - getting them to be more positive.,/it seemed less support, and more chastisement  was  evident  from the12th man today><?are my impressions right on this, any comments you heard or made youself even???

Well where i was sitting in the Jarrold stand on the half way line i had to at times put my fingers in my ears such was the general whining and whingeing.

I do get the impression that alot of people are just looking for the slightest excuse to have a moan. It reminds me of latter era of Worthingtons reign when i have to admit i was one of those looking to have a moan. I am not one of those at the moment though.

I have to say that I sit in the Barclay lower and saw that the fans were stood up and gesturing to Lupoli, didn''t hear much being yelled, just the sound of disappointed fans.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

I have to say that I sit in the Barclay lower and saw that the fans were stood up and gesturing to Lupoli, didn''t hear much being yelled, just the sound of disappointed fans.

[/quote]i sit area a towards the back, and saw lots of action from punters closer to the goal...fair enough if they were howls  of anguish than outright insults!!! 

Simply put,

Curo should have got his shot on target, but he managed to tangle his feet and run away from goal, a bad combination when 1 on 1, and

Lupoli should have tucked away the chance, or been alert enough to think there could be a rebound chance etc. Offside isnt an argument, he wouldnt have known that at the time would he!

Probably some of the same people who say "I''m so loyal, I''m a true fan, I''ve got a season ticket".  They think that''s all they have to do and it entitles them to hand out stick whenever they feel like it, regardless of whether it is either deserved or helpful.

If they''re not happy with what''s on offer perhaps they should stay away . . . and they can''t say they weren''t warned.

Agreed Lupoli should have put it away, but he was offside so whatever.

The blame lies with Cureton, some misguided fools around where I sit thought it was a pass, but it was a terribly scuffed shot, which when you consider some people''s opinions on Cureton would come as a shock lol!!! A shocking miss, and one that will haunt him for a while.

Unfortunately from the other end of the Jarrold, all I saw was the magnificent through pass by Patty and Curo heading goalwards with what should have been a ''bread and butter'' finish for any striker worth his salt and felt confident that with all his missed shots recently he would put this away for certain.

Really surprised when what I interpreted as an unselfish pass went to Lupoli in clear space and UTTERLY DISGUSTED by what Lupoli did next. Good to get a Barclay take on proceedings, which is slightly consoling as far as Lupoli goes, given the opinion that he was probably off-side. Curo has got to be meaner and more confident and take these chances on himself if he is going to become a worthy striker this season...perhaps he''ll think twice about being unselfish in front of goal from now on. This game should have been oh so good, several chances and misses (woodwork etc) could have gone the other way and we could be going down to Cardiff next week confident of repeating last season''s score there.

[quote user="Hooleyfan"]

Unfortunately from the other end of the Jarrold, all I saw was the magnificent through pass by Patty and Curo heading goalwards with what should have been a ''bread and butter'' finish for any striker worth his salt and felt confident that with all his missed shots recently he would put this away for certain.

Really surprised when what I interpreted as an unselfish pass went to Lupoli in clear space and UTTERLY DISGUSTED by what Lupoli did next. Good to get a Barclay take on proceedings, which is slightly consoling as far as Lupoli goes, given the opinion that he was probably off-side. Curo has got to be meaner and more confident and take these chances on himself if he is going to become a worthy striker this season...perhaps he''ll think twice about being unselfish in front of goal from now on. This game should have been oh so good, several chances and misses (woodwork etc) could have gone the other way and we could be going down to Cardiff next week confident of repeating last season''s score there.

[/quote]from my seat hoolyfan, it looked like curo went for the far post, but shanked his shot and so from your view it would''velooked like a pass.,/cud be wrong, but it looked like a mis-hit rather than a pass!!!

Sod it,two games,one point.I''m going to go and support a side that''s winning.Sack the board,sack the manager,sack the players,let anarchy reign!Who''s with me as I set up a guillotine in the market place.Wiz and Cluck can be the tricoteurs.Who''s with me?

[quote user="Beauseant"]Sod it,two games,one point.I''m going to go and support a side that''s winning.Sack the board,sack the manager,sack the players,let anarchy reign!Who''s with me as I set up a guillotine in the market place.Wiz and Cluck can be the tricoteurs.Who''s with me?[/quote]

Rather sounds like you should b----- off to France, stopping at Stowmarket and Ipswich on the way.

Do you know how much of your season ticket money the Club pays Arturo to miss open goals?

OTBC

[quote user="Beauseant"]Sod it,two games,one point.I''m going to go and support a side that''s winning.Sack the board,sack the manager,sack the players,let anarchy reign!Who''s with me as I set up a guillotine in the market place.Wiz and Cluck can be the tricoteurs.Who''s with me?[/quote]

Rather sounds like you should b----- off to France, stopping at Stowmarket and Ipswich on the way.

Do you know how much of your season ticket money the Club pays Arturo to miss open goals?

OTBC

OTBC

OTBC

OTBC

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

Blimey,although I didn''t get it,you must have found it hilarious if you felt the need to post it 6 times! : ) I won''t be going anywhere,I actually support the club!

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

Sorry. Don''t know what happened there, but the system is supposed to prevent duplicate posts.

OTBC

Blimey,although I didn''t get it,you must have found it hilarious if you felt the need to post it 6 times! : ) I won''t be going anywhere,I actually support the club!

[/quote]

[quote user="Hooleyfan"]

[/quote]

He did shoot, it was just a very bad shot!!!!!!!