Sign in to follow this  
city-till-i-die

ameobi...NO to the scum

I heard he didn''t want to move down a level to the CCC, but GR seemed to know he wasn''t going to sign for them, so maybe, just maybe....I''ve got to the point where I don''t care who the striker is, before I really didn''t want Ameobi, but now if we sign him I think he will do a job, but will also fall over a lot.

[quote user="Dom."]I heard he didn''t want to move down a level to the CCC, but GR seemed to know he wasn''t going to sign for them, so maybe, just maybe....

I''ve got to the point where I don''t care who the striker is, before I really didn''t want Ameobi, but now if we sign him I think he will do a job, but will also fall over a lot.
[/quote]fall over...yes...lol...is he a real target man tho??? imo would get goals for us but ....can he hold the ball up?...win headers against 6,4" defenders? and be prepared to get stuck in??? dont think so

No I don''t think he is prepared to get stuck in, but at the moment, we just need someone to get some goals. Although in the long term I don''t think he would be such a great signing, and after spending the £2.5mil we wont have anything left to bring in another striker. Roeder said he was after 1 of 3 strikers, one of which being Iversen, then probably Bishop and Ameobi. After that he said he still wants to bring in another loan player from a premiership club, but they are unwilling to let him go. Maybe a striker?

We are not after Bishop or Ameobi , if we wanted Bishop all we would have to do is put in an offer and it would be accepted , and we cannot afford Ameobi , we should be very worried that JFH was at the game today because i could see the Board thinking he would be ideal to replace our recently departed OAP .If i had to bet i would go for another loanee coming in from the Prem .Oh and talking of betting well done City if Villa beat Man City tomorrow you will have cost me £942 for a £20 stake by failing to beat a crap Blackpool side today .

Roeder said on the itv interview the other day that he was after 1 of 3 players, PLUS a loanee from the prem. But I cant see who we are going to get?

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]We are not after Bishop or Ameobi , if we wanted Bishop all we would have to do is put in an offer and it would be accepted , and we cannot afford Ameobi , we should be very worried that JFH was at the game today because i could see the Board thinking he would be ideal to replace our recently departed OAP .
If i had to bet i would go for another loanee coming in from the Prem .
Oh and talking of betting well done City if Villa beat Man City tomorrow you will have cost me £942 for a £20 stake by failing to beat a crap Blackpool side today .
[/quote]

Why does everyone think we going to sign him, we play cardiff next week he probably just watching us to see what he up against.

[quote user="whoareyou"]Ched isn''t playing for Man City i see! [;)][/quote]

because he''s injured...

anyone seen anything official concerning Ameobi in the press?

jas :)

Just said in the EADT that Ameobi was set to turn them down , Bowden was going to meet him for talks first then if they agrred a deal Magilton wanted to speak to him but it said it looked like the first set of talks stalled .I would say he wants higher wages than a Championship club is prepared to pay but it seems strange after his dont price me out of a move article earlier this week .

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Oh and talking of betting well done City if Villa beat Man City tomorrow you will have cost me £942 for a £20 stake by failing to beat a crap Blackpool side today .
[/quote]

Well, for someone who is constantly moaning about how crap we are you look a little bit silly on putting money on us to win [:P] .

One of 7 in an accumalator , i was silly enough to think even we couldnt fail to beat Blackpool at home , you live and learn and after today you couldnt really back us to win any of our remaining matches with any confidence whatsoever and thats very worrying for the season ahead .

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]One of 7 in an accumalator , i was silly enough to think even we couldnt fail to beat Blackpool at home , you live and learn and after today you couldnt really back us to win any of our remaining matches with any confidence whatsoever and thats very worrying for the season ahead .
[/quote]

sssssshhhhh

ur just the sort of fan this club needs    ...........................      NOT