Sign in to follow this  
TheboyMark

Roader's post-match comments AGAIN

It''s 2 weeks in and not only are the post-match comments already becoming laughable in their predictability (Marshall hasn''t had a save to make etc), but I detect an air of faint desperation in the whole ''the results will keep coming'' aspect.  This is a side who have shown so little in these first three games, with the glaring problem known since May STILL not addressed, it''s like he''s resorting to desperate soundbites to try to give the fans something to believe when he''s not even so convinced himself.  This team will NOT work with the paucity of attacking options and the total lack of goals amongst the stats of the people we have signed.  I honestly think he stil hasn''t got a clue who his best 11 is yet.  How can we be looking upon this home draw in any way positively?  And how long until the ''time to gel'' positivity on these pages just can''t be relied on as an excuse any more.   

Couldn''t agree more with this message mate, before today''s game I thought that we had only 3 players on the pitch capable of scoring, Hoolahan and the forwards. That isn''t enough to be successful in any way!

Roeder is talking rubbish, see his comments on Omozusi and Bertrand as the best two fullbacks in the league. I beg to differ, Omozusi was woeful today, falls over his own feet, hoofed it too much and the penalty was a joke!

This is going to be a very long season...

[quote user="Grando"]His comment about possibly playing Russell up front is what really worries me...[/quote]i feel a ''go with what we''ve got'' comment is about to emerge soon, closely followed by doncaster suggesting that money was always available for roedy to spend this summer, but roedy chose not too, and then roedy saying he''d been fully backed by the board, and then delia saying roedy was dead chuffed with his tranny pot this window, before finally mumbles announcing that any powder left is to be freeze dried and reconsituted just in time before the jan window re-opens!!!

No offence intended, but I wouldn''t want Roeder at Blackpool. The reason we are in this division is Grayson. He makes up for our lack of money, our chairman and our inability to attract players. Fantastic. No fannying around, well organised side and great man manager. We will improve, I think, despite our average squad of  reject players.

[quote user="Grando"]His comment about possibly playing Russell up front is what really worries me...[/quote]I can see the "go with what we''ve got" statement being made before long. Did Roeder actually say he''d more or less given up on signing atriker so he may be forced to play Russell?

Let''s get rid of Roeder and the board,because if we do....oh fuck,we haven''t got an alternative have we?Other than that bloke who didn''t actually make an offer for the club.I know,lets let all the moaners on here finance the club and make the decisions because they all know so much better ,don''t they........? Get your money out or get behind the team!!!

I see the doom and gloom mongers are at it again. We are already a point better off already this season having lost both Cov (a) and Blackpool (h) last time around. What we need is the Doc to play up front then we would storm this league, shame he''s injured........

[quote user="TheboyMark"]It''s 2 weeks in and not only are the post-match comments already becoming laughable in their predictability (Marshall hasn''t had a save to make etc), but I detect an air of faint desperation in the whole ''the results will keep coming'' aspect.  This is a side who have shown so little in these first three games, with the glaring problem known since May STILL not addressed, it''s like he''s resorting to desperate soundbites to try to give the fans something to believe when he''s not even so convinced himself.  This team will NOT work with the paucity of attacking options and the total lack of goals amongst the stats of the people we have signed.  I honestly think he stil hasn''t got a clue who his best 11 is yet.  How can we be looking upon this home draw in any way positively?  And how long until the ''time to gel'' positivity on these pages just can''t be relied on as an excuse any more.   [/quote]

Shut up.

Mug.

I guarantee you that I''ll quell my trenchant utterings when the manager comes up with something honest and sincere in said post-match situations.  Oh, and with a clear direction as to where the club might be headed.

What, after 2 league games with a squad with very little money invested in it and which is yet to be completed?

Go home.

It''s 2 weeks in, and not only are the message board comments already becoming laughable in their predictability. We already have the usual "factual" comments from the doom mongers - which are based on nothing more than opinion. "Roeder giving the fans desperate soundbites to cling onto, when he''s not even convinced himself"- you don''t write for the Daily Mail do you? Would explain the fact you can''t even seem to spell his name...Yes, we look desperately short of options up front, but I''m going to wait until the end of August before drawing any real conclusions about the coming season. Regarding looking positively at this home draw... well, how about the fact that our opposition didn''t generate any notable chances (that I can remember, anyway) throughout the entire 90 minutes, and if it wasn''t for a ridiculous challenge, wouldn''t have troubled Marshall at all? [;)]Don''t get me wrong, I''m far from happy with the performances so far, but statistically we have dominated in terms of chances generated in the first couple of games. If Roeder doesn''t get a decent, big goalscorer in and we don''t start putting them away, then I will start to panic. Until the end of the window, however, I''m certainly not going to start the pointless doom mongering...

I totally cannot argue with your comments..I''m afraid my ''glass half empty'' angle is all too ingrained from so many false starts and like a whole lotta people I''ve got one eye on the fact that he''s got til the end of August to make good his sqaud.  My fear, however, in this period is that if we get into the losing habit in this time, it''s a difficult habit to break..especially without match-winning individuals.

Absolutely. We know from last season that it doesn''t matter if you dominate games if you don''t get the results, but I still believe we''re much better than last season if you look at the squad depth. I think Cureton is already starting to show the mentality that last season''s "losing habit" has ingrained in him...Hopefully a couple of quality signing are still to come and we can press on. Either way, come mid-September one of us is going to feel a bit silly...

Heck, I feel like a chump a bunch of the time at any rate...if it coincides with me being wrong on this at least I''ll have some kind of reason for once...!

The quality of the squad does look better than last season, I`m not sure the quality of the first team does though. Without a big man we look distinctly lop sided too. My worry is that we are out of the starting blocks far too slowly and will constantly have to play catch up. Not an easy thing to do. Next  3-5 games could well define our season