Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

warned about Harewood

one slight worry if we do sign him is that West Ham fans (of which Brentwood has thousands) do not rate him that highly. They certainly do not think he is prem quality- no better than we have and only a bck up player. They could be wrong but I thought I would share it anyway.

I have read a lot of post''s about harewood and what a good buy he will be ,but let''s be honest what has he done really i think a lot of us are still wrapped up with that wonder goal he scored at carrow road , but apart from that he has not really impressed that much although i would not be to disappointed if he did sign but lets not pay more than a million for him.

Its common for supporters of a club to have a go at any of their players who are leaving their club ! .......... Harewood obviously has some qualities that interest NW !!

It''s always good to hear what fans think of their own player. Gives you a more personal insight into a players game. I was talking to Temp on Saturday and he said that Crewe fans didn''t think Ashton would make the step up to the Prem

Have we actually confermed our interest in Harewood btw? He''s mentioned on here everyday but has Worthy ever talked about him?

Keep the faith

neither of them are any better than what we already have, it would be madness to buy them just because worthy and co are being pressured from certain quarters..... as some of you say, we cannot buy top quality players, we don''t have the money, i know i was 110% for getting hucks in last year and that gamble worked, this is entirely different, while i think we will survive this year (i have not changed my mind on the last four performances), we cannot buy everyone madly like megson is doing, come on, we have to make the best of it, hope the players we have bought start to blend into the team and that, most importantly, we keep key players fit, if not .... but i don''t want to have to think of that

if we were to go down, we cannot go down with debt, look at how long it took us this time to escape division one, we are incredibly lucky, already southampton and newcastle have sacked their manager.... can you imagine us behaving like that? no, and we should be grateful we have a firm foundation and a united club, it might take ten years to become an established prem team, we may go up and down a few times, that''s life - but to buy harewood/ashton etc JUST because we should is madness, they are not good enough - i cannot think of anyone who is who we could afford, and therein lies the dilemma we face.

shame we didn''t think of getting fuller though!!