Sign in to follow this  
clibit

Honest opinion of Blackpool?

I realise we probably looked pretty dodgy, would anyone like to elaborate? Please bear in mind we only had one striker fit, and it was Burgess! Have McPhee, Nardiello and Kabba to return. Also had reserve full backs playing, and Southern missing in midfield. i think we are going to struggle but we will hopefully improve when the missing players are available and new players settled in.

What did you think? Cheers.

[quote user="clibit"]I realise we probably looked pretty dodgy, would anyone like to elaborate? Please bear in mind we only had one striker fit, and it was Burgess! Have McPhee, Nardiello and Kabba to return. Also had reserve full backs playing, and Southern missing in midfield. i think we are going to struggle but we will hopefully improve when the missing players are available and new players settled in. What did you think? Cheers.[/quote]

They were poor but we looked little better.

Neither team looks capable of finishing in the top half.

[quote user="clibit"]I realise we probably looked pretty dodgy, would anyone like to elaborate? Please bear in mind we only had one striker fit, and it was Burgess! Have McPhee, Nardiello and Kabba to return. Also had reserve full backs playing, and Southern missing in midfield. i think we are going to struggle but we will hopefully improve when the missing players are available and new players settled in.

What did you think? Cheers.[/quote]I think you looked tidy in midfield, kept the ball quite well - but you didn''t have any threat up front (about as much threat as us, in fact) and one of your centre backs is well dodgy (the one who shinned it across his own box 2nd half then did it again to give us a corner from which we scored).I really liked your away kit though, if that''s not too superficial.  Good luck for the season.Did you think Hoolahan was subdued today?

If we finish top half then Grayson needs to be tested for illegal use of divine intervention.

I''m a Pool fan in the north, not at the game. We had nothing up front cos our strikers are injured. I wonder which CB was the dodgy one? Edwards or Evatt?

Two seasons ago Grayson signed a load of players, we looked rubbish whilst taking 8 points from 11 games, but got promoted. I don''t see a repeat but we are trying to integrate a load of new players gradually and deal with six players injured. Not that we have any serious quality.

What was Hammill like? Left winger who won the penalty.

To be honest, both our teams today looked like teams who will struggle. Perhaps when those players you mention return, you might climb the table. Everyone has written you off this season - good luck in proving them wrong! You definitley deserved a point today.

It''s not typical of Rachubka to do that. Needs must I guess. Sorry! We lost at home last week and then at Macclesfield on Tuesday. Just grinding out a point with loads of players missing.

[quote user="jetstream"]Your keeper is very annoying. I hate all that time-wasting stuff.[/quote]

What he did i.e. roll the ball around the goal area without picking it up is perfectly allowable, what the other team has to do is make a player challenge for the ball and he will have to pick it up and then he should have 6 seconds to clear it. That is not time wasting and I know it''s not pretty to watch but perhaps we should try to do it when we are leading in some games

It''s typical of keepers away from home I''m afraid.

Time-waste, try to to hold onto 0-0, time-waste even more if the away team is winning by 1-0.

He got a rousing chorus of boos and slow hand-claps for the rest of the game - and deservedly so.

As far as time wastiing goes it was only really the keeper, and as said before dribbling the ball across the area  and waiting until challeneged is perfectly legal. That said it strikes of desperation when you are doing it in the 60th minute. 

Blackpool looked fairly tidy to me but never really threatened, possibly due to our improved pairing in cental defence as well as Blackpool being short of front men. We also split you open on quite a few occasions and I thought you were lucky not to concede a penalty after about 25 minutes when Lupoli was dragged all over the place by one of your defenders, although I don''t think many people saw it let alone the ref.

Who was the guy who kept scuffing his clearences into the stands for corners? The big LB? Was that Camara? He earnt the nickname ''3 scoops'' because he scuffed his clearence three times!

[quote user="clibit"]I realise we probably looked pretty dodgy, would anyone like to elaborate? Please bear in mind we only had one striker fit, and it was Burgess! Have McPhee, Nardiello and Kabba to return. Also had reserve full backs playing, and Southern missing in midfield. i think we are going to struggle but we will hopefully improve when the missing players are available and new players settled in.

What did you think? Cheers.[/quote]Defensively you didn''t have much but I was very impressed by Burgess, and if you have much to return upfront then you might be able to not struggle too badly. But in reality I think both us will struggle this season.

blackpool seem a phyiscal side at times.. but then thats needed in this league i think.... They played some tidy stuff in the first half and as has been said when full strength i think mid table easily...

jas :)

Thanks people. Interesting - some think we are the worst sdie in the division, others mid-table potential. Good luck for the rest of the season, see you at ours.

The only thing i hated about the game was the keepers time wasting. I totally agree that we should use it also when away from home, but the keeper did it with THIRTY minutes to go - what is ridiculous and the fans certainly made their views clear.

jesus, you have 6 players injured!!!i thought you started reasonably, and had a few go''s at us in our half...our keeper didn''thave much to worry about.  second half started well for you, a couple of mistakes by us sandwiched in between some quick thinking by you produced a pen, that was dispatched cooly and well...we didn''t do much until russell came on, scored and then we came to life and pegged you in your own half...tbh, you should be a better proposition with a full stength side, and despite losing players in the summer, i hope  you new boys come through  and give you a shout of mid-table...if they bomb, you could struggle, i hope not though//.

Cheers, that is a good assessment, how I feel. We will struggle unless the strikers in particular come good. We have 3 strikers injured (only Burgess was fit today), both our first choice full backs and the second choice left back, and the midfield holding player was suspended today. So I''m pleased with a point.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="clibit"]I realise we probably looked pretty dodgy, would anyone like to elaborate? Please bear in mind we only had one striker fit, and it was Burgess! Have McPhee, Nardiello and Kabba to return. Also had reserve full backs playing, and Southern missing in midfield. i think we are going to struggle but we will hopefully improve when the missing players are available and new players settled in.

What did you think? Cheers.[/quote]I think you looked tidy in midfield, kept the ball quite well - but you didn''t have any threat up front (about as much threat as us, in fact) and one of your centre backs is well dodgy (the one who shinned it across his own box 2nd half then did it again to give us a corner from which we scored).I really liked your away kit though, if that''s not too superficial.  Good luck for the season.Did you think Hoolahan was subdued today?[/quote]That was Mo Camara who kept skinning it.