Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

When (if) we don't sign a target man

BTW I don''t mean Renton on his own upfront, with another i.e. Curo, Lupoli etc. Anything but Russell FFS!  It''ll be Shacks or the Doc a la Newman before we know it if Roeder has his way.

The most important thing about getting a reliable target man is they will cost money, the way Glenn is going about getting his man is he feels his club ought to give him to us for nothing and he might also want paying, where''s that money going to come from?

Doc stands no chance of getting in above Kennedy and Dejan, maybe Shackell but if those 2 stay fit, up until when JK has to leave us Doc will be all but out of the picture totally, with Shackell probably on the bench more often than not.

Doc is the best target man in our squad, rather him than Renton and he has played up front before and scored a goal or two :) Maybe IF we fail to sign a target man this is our only desperate option rather than Russell?

Did you read the second part of my post? :) Was just saying that Doc might as well because he stands no chance of getting his natural position and is built for the job anyway :)

I think it depends when the failure to sign a target man is wrapped up once and for all. Renton may well get his shot before the January market, and if he fails to impress I can see the Doc getting the place for the rest of the season, experienced and having done it there before will be key over the last few months when a lot of teams give it their all.

Doherty playing up front on a regular basis as a target man and we''re going down...