Sign in to follow this  
LORD FOXY LOWE

Who Should We Blame?

If you want to moan and attribute blame for the dire state of our football club and the unwatchable spectacle that is a current NCFC match, think about what television has done to the game. The ITV digital fiasco was one nail in the coffin but sky sports are hammering in the remainder.

There will be about 10 clubs in the Prem who according to their fans will underperform this season and many of these clubs will sack their managers. The big 4 will fight it out for the top 4 places and a handful of teams will play for a UEFA cup spot, whoopie!

Without a significant redistribution of wealth the situation will not get any better. This leaves a club like norwich city to pick up the scraps in the transfer market and then be expected to entertain a crowd who also gorge themselves on class A football in their living rooms. Of course the football in the Championship will be crap, of course it will be hoofball in comparisome to Man U and Arsenal. On top of this we''re expected to pay £25 a game when this money would pay a sky subscription for a month, what would you rather have? I know what many of the next generation of supporters would choose.

So don''t blame our Board for not sending us into a spiral of debt and a 30 points reduction before we''ve even started the season. Don''t blame our manger (arguably the best and highest profile manager since Martin O''Neil) for tearing his hair out when players aren''t able do what he asks. Don''t even blame the players, they''re just not as good as Ronaldo or Rooney. Instead, blame whoever sold football''s soul to the television stations.

[quote user="LORD FOXY LOWE"]If you want to moan and attribute blame for the dire state of our football club and the unwatchable spectacle that is a current NCFC match, think about what television has done to the game. The ITV digital fiasco was one nail in the coffin but sky sports are hammering in the remainder.

There will be about 10 clubs in the Prem who according to their fans will underperform this season and many of these clubs will sack their managers. The big 4 will fight it out for the top 4 places and a handful of teams will play for a UEFA cup spot, whoopie!

Without a significant redistribution of wealth the situation will not get any better. This leaves a club like norwich city to pick up the scraps in the transfer market and then be expected to entertain a crowd who also gorge themselves on class A football in their living rooms. Of course the football in the Championship will be crap, of course it will be hoofball in comparisome to Man U and Arsenal. On top of this we''re expected to pay £25 a game when this money would pay a sky subscription for a month, what would you rather have? I know what many of the next generation of supporters would choose.

So don''t blame our Board for not sending us into a spiral of debt and a 30 points reduction before we''ve even started the season. Don''t blame our manger (arguably the best and highest profile manager since Martin O''Neil) for tearing his hair out when players aren''t able do what he asks. Don''t even blame the players, they''re just not as good as Ronaldo or Rooney. Instead, blame whoever sold football''s soul to the television stations.[/quote]Morning, Mr. Doncaster.Not our fault, oh no.  Always someone else''s.  The club''s been run wonderfully.  Hamilton as manager, keeping Worthy, Grant as manager... And we''ve spent our money wonderfully.  And it was all released back to the manager to spend without any significant investment in non fixed-capital assets.And Man U are on the telly later, so mustn''t grumble.

[quote user="LORD FOXY LOWE"]If you want to moan and attribute blame for the dire state of our football club .[/quote]

And that''s before we''ve even played a home game! How dire will the state of our football club be if we lose today[:O]

Dire States..

We gotta install microwave ovens
Custom kitchen deliveries

Not ''arf [H]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="LORD FOXY LOWE"]If you want to moan and attribute blame for the dire state of our football club .[/quote]

And that''s before we''ve even played a home game! How dire will the state of our football club be if we lose today[:O]

Dire States..

Not ''arf [H]

[/quote]

''Money for nothing''.....from the ''Sultans of Spin''.....

[quote user="LORD FOXY LOWE"]what would you rather have? I know what many of the next generation of supporters would choose. .[/quote]

By ''next generation of football supporters'' do you mean younger fans. Im 16 and I spend alot of money on going to away games and I have had a season ticket for a fair while now so i dont see it fair to just blame younger supporters. Why dont you just say the ''armchair supporters'' instead....

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Dire States..

Not ''arf [H]

[/quote]

[/quote]

But "you get your chicks for free"

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Dire States..

Not ''arf [H]

[/quote]

[/quote]

But "you get your chicks for free"

[/quote]

So far Away.....

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Why don''t you go get DocI''m his biggest fanYou gotta tell himHe''s still the man... 

[/quote]If "Oh Doherty" can replace "Oh Huckerby," that would be sweet.

And then the woman she stepped right up to the microphone, and bellowed out during the half time din,We need a twelth man lets be havin you, the Norwich fans could only cringe.

(Little known true fact: Mark Knopfler wrote this song after seeing a really crap band in a really grotty little town called Ipswich).

Well how do other clubs manage, it wasn''t just us who lost The television money. Every team lost the money, so why is it a problem for us and not them?
How anyone can blame the fans is beyond me. I always like the comment made by the announcer as the players come out for 2nd half, where he say''s "Come on Canary fans, lets get behind the Team" maybe excluding 1 or 2 players they should change it to "Come on Canary Players, lets get behind the fans"
IMO Cuerton''s efforts last year go along way as to where we finished not that its just one persons fault. As we saw yesturday he just is not upto the Job, I am a fan of Roeders but i must question some of his substitutions yesturday. Pattison was on the pitch far to long, Lupoli taken off instead of Cuerton and Koroma should have been given more than 4mins(when he came on from the little i saw, he looked like he could hold the ball up)