Sign in to follow this  
Disco Dale

Big Problems

Something is seriousley wrong at this football club.This poor start is not a surprise considering the players who now play for the club,there is no real quality,it was obvious to any one who knows anything about football.If all we can afford is loan players who dont really give a shit we have big problems,well I suppose not really if you are happy to be a lower table championship club like so many people on this forum.If this is the case the current board have some serious questions to answer.

Think it''s clear most city fans are fed up with the board after all these promises of funds to managers and so called "backing" resulting in a limited transfer budget, even Neil Adams questioned on canary call whether this was classed as "backing" Roeder.

Considering the money he has been given I disagree when you say there is little quality in the team. Hoolahan, Clingan, Kennedy and Stefanovic are 4 players that if you have seen play the past couple of games have been very very good indeed. Kennedy looks an outstanding player and Stefanovic is a classic in-betweeny who will just do what he does now all season - dominate most things that come his way.

Clingan is a MUCH better version of Fotheringham which is what we have been needed over the past few years. His performance against Blackpool was excellent and most people will agree when I say that Fotheringham was hardly noticeable because of Clingan''s dominance.

Taking into considering the saves Marshall has had to make... being about one in 3 games. Unlucky penalties which are just 50/50 chances have cost us in both league games and the only real area of weakness is the stiker department.

Overall i disagree with you when you say we have poor quality players, as Stefanovic, Clingan, Hoolahan being three permanents are excellent additions to the team who have proven themselves already.

As for loan players not giving a damn, that will remain to be seen, however the likes of Kennedy looks very good and seems to be putting in a lot of effort based on what I have personally witnessed at games.

I do however agree that the board have something to answer to. if they have limited Glenn''s transfer budget they need to seriously explain themselves because our chances of signing an established striker to finish off all the amazing chances we are currently creating are slowly dwindling away to nothing. We need an established goal scorer, and everyone knows they cost money, and it appears Glenn just is not being given any...

I agree Kennedy is a level above and Hoolahan has got good technique but that is it.I am begining to think Roeder is serverly restricted by the board.I mean when he said that Huckerby was welcome to use the facilities any time etc it hardlry sounds like it was his decision or something personel.I really thought things had changed when we signed Ashton , then when we sold him I thought same old Norwich replace him on the cheap but we signed Earnshaw top quality striker at this level but now it does looks like being same old Norwich.   

[quote user="Disco Dale"]

I agree Kennedy is a level above and Hoolahan has got good technique but that is it.I am begining to think Roeder is serverly restricted by the board.I mean when he said that Huckerby was welcome to use the facilities any time etc it hardlry sounds like it was his decision or something personel.I really thought things had changed when we signed Ashton , then when we sold him I thought same old Norwich replace him on the cheap but we signed Earnshaw top quality striker at this level but now it does looks like being same old Norwich.   

[/quote]well said, although I think ''welcome anytime to use the facilities'' was something Rodent said to pacify the fans rather than actually meaning it.  He knew Hucks was off to USA so its an easy thing to say.What goes around comes around....GET RODENT OUT!!!

[quote user="NorfolkC"][quote user="Disco Dale"]

[/quote]

What goes around comes around....GET RODENT OUT!!![/quote]Is this what we''re gonna have to suffer now?

[quote user="Larry David"][quote user="NorfolkC"][quote user="Disco Dale"]

[/quote]

What goes around comes around....GET RODENT OUT!!!
[/quote]

Is this what we''re gonna have to suffer now?
[/quote]No. We are going to suffer a fifth year of complete and utter failure on the pitch in succession.