Sign in to follow this  
Hannibal

deadline deadlines

just to clear up the transfer deadline, all money transfers must be completed by 3.30 and loans are aloud till midnight. so fingers crossed

So we have under 2 hrs!!!

Is it me, or does anyone else just not understand how it can get this late after the whole summer of being able to do a transfer?!! What is this all about?

How come this kind of stuff wasn''t sorted out in the last few weeks?!!

Because the value goes down the longer you leave it. So we get cheap strikers looking to be offloaded, instead of overpriced deals.

Don''t agree, if anything the price goes up, because selling clubs know that if you are looking this close to the deadline, you must be more desperate.

Wothy agrees too - see the quotes on the main site.

because it isn''t like popping down the newsagent for a Kit-Kat. You find a player you want at a team who are prepared to sell, and you have to negotiate details with both the club and the player. I''m sure the club has been busy but you cannot guarantee results because too many factors are out of our hands

altho this is all really a function of supply and demand.

some prices go down. some prices go up.

rooney goes up.
and since curbishley didn''t get another striker, johannson doesn''t come down unless he really wants out and makes it clear.
harewood is a little unclear...that could go either way but i dont think it will be bargain basement guys.

the main movement in prices shoudl come for those who have expressed concern and want out of their current situation or, more likely, any player whose contract runs out next summer. those players see their value cut tremendously for the most part in the next transfer window.

that''s the main reason i think that NW will be more active than we might think in the next window. he''ll probably pick up a few players and another loanee in the winter.

as much as i would like to see him get a striker, i just think it''s not going to quite work out. i wouldn''t mind either johansson or harewood but to be hoenst, i think nemeth is a great player and he would top my list. he''s a great finisher and a strong player. those czechs are quite good.

Rooney goes up?!? No way.

If someone had bid for Rooney at the beginning of the close-season, Everton would have held out for £30m, if not more. But now they are left with no choice, because they have an unhappy player on their books - and that they do not want. Use the same situation for Johansson, and probably countless more that are out of favour and want to go now.

i tought it was 5 oclock the deadline for trasfers,
but loans are till midnight i think

Saint Canary,

The Bosman ruling only applies to out-of-contract players and I understood you can still sign those after the deadline, which only applies to transfers.