Sign in to follow this  
city-till-i-die

DEJAN????

DEJAN..was absolute class today...blurting out orders and organising...think he should be made club captain...imo fozzy goes invisable far to often and isnt really that vocal on the pitch....DEJAN FOR CAPTAIN????

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]DEJAN..was absolute class today...blurting out orders and organising...think he should be made club captain...imo fozzy goes invisable far to often and isnt really that vocal on the pitch....DEJAN FOR CAPTAIN????[/quote]I like fozzy, and wasnt at the game, but I agree, it sounds like we need someone else in mid, as those 2 r too similar.  So dejan as captain would be a good idea.Also I look forward to bell being back by the sounds of crofty.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]DEJAN..was absolute class today...blurting out orders and organising...think he should be made club captain...imo fozzy goes invisable far to often and isnt really that vocal on the pitch....DEJAN FOR CAPTAIN????[/quote]yeah - he''s a genuine inbetweenie...and looks like he has an aura about him - go for it roedy (nothing personal fozzy)!!!

[quote user="gissing canary"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]DEJAN..was absolute class today...blurting out orders and organising...think he should be made club captain...imo fozzy goes invisable far to often and isnt really that vocal on the pitch....DEJAN FOR CAPTAIN????[/quote]

I like fozzy, and wasnt at the game, but I agree, it sounds like we need someone else in mid, as those 2 r too similar.  So dejan as captain would be a good idea.
Also I look forward to bell being back by the sounds of crofty.

[/quote]i like fozzy but ike i said..goes missing to much...would like to see rusty in  the middle with clingan...rusty bursting forward and clingan holding and spreading the ball as he did today..1st time i have seen him in action and he was good

[quote user="Little Tiny Phil"]Shame he lost the ball when coming out of defence that led to the pen. That apart he looks good[/quote]Wasn''t that Kennedy?

[quote user="Little Tiny Phil"]Shame he lost the ball when coming out of defence that led to the pen. That apart he looks good[/quote]it wasnt him it was kennedy that lost the ball that led to the pen

agreed! we have an international quality centerback in the side, he''s played at the top and won things! he should be captain! his class is apparent.. he plays his way out of trouble and looks for the pass instead of the old English Hoof!

i really hope the kids watch and pay attention to him!

jas :)

so far we have coceded 3 goals in 2 league games.Today against b/ pool dejan put the ball in the stand several times only hit one long ball to croft that conected lost majority of headers against 1 forward.Last week could of got sent off when he was a bit slow, kennady today lost the ball that led to there penalty.Lets keep options open when we play decent side with good forwards.But as an earlyier post said roder has bought these players in and they will play in any position.So far after seeing 3 games in a week our problem is as we all know is same as last season not defence but midfield attack and no forwards.How we let them score yesterday was poor.

To be honest I don''t think Stefanovic was that good yesterday, for a premiership defender he looked pretty average to me.  He didn''t look much better than Shacks in my opinion.  He made a few poor passes and kept playing long balls outwide to Hoolahan who most wingers would be able to control but cant he see Hoolahan is short?  He also kept playing long balls to the forwards aswell, which didnt help us.  In the first half he tried to head a ball to Marshall but it went about a yard in front of him and let one of there strikers in but luckily Bertrand came to the rescue (no-ones mentioned that have they!).  Also from where I was sitting it looked liked Dejan''s dodgey footwork that led to the penalty, but maybe I''m wrong?  All in all a bit dissapointing really!

Sorry, Mike, but 3 goals against is not so bad in 2 league games, when you consider that 2 were pens (one of which should never have been given) - so that is just one goal from open play/set pieces.  Yes, we''ve not played anyone stunning yet, but Blackpool never really threatened our defence and imo wouldn''t have scored in a month of Sundays but for the Pen. 

Spot on Branston.

It was also Kennedy that lost the ball resulting in our penalty Stefanovic had nothing to do with it for those saying it was his fault.

Also how can a previous poster say he lost out most of the headers? You may have been watching a different player as both our Center Backs won just about everything in the air against Blackpool. Stefanovic in the first half I think let a few loose long balls, but then again everyone did as it looked like we were the team of last year knocking it long all the time.

However second half both JK and Stef threaded some lovely balls through to the strikers and rarely smacked it long in desperation.