Sign in to follow this  

I haven''t forgotten Kevin Keelan yet and he packed up nearly 30 years ago.

Neil Adams made a comment about this on Canary Call, how it seems we''re not allowed to mention Huckerby''s name any more.  He thought it was a bit weird and so do I.

Huckerby   Huckerby   Huckerby   Huckerby   Huckerby   Huckerby   Huckerby   Huckerby   Huckerby   Huckerby   Huckerby

Agree with you and Neil - never ever forget him, but please don''t chant his name during the matches :) Really is not good for the current players to hear and won''t do them any good whatsoever :)

[quote user="Carrow Roeder"]Agree with you and Neil - never ever forget him, but please don''t chant his name during the matches :) Really is not good for the current players to hear and won''t do them any good whatsoever :)[/quote]

Yes I quite agree.  That was part of the point Neil was making - while we should be allowed to talk about him, we shouldn''t chant his name.

Apart from anything else it does nothing to address the real problem.  Any "Sack the Board" or "Delia Out" chants yet?  Thought not. 

Don''t forget him, but don''t chant his name at games!!! I loved the fact that the chant got booed though. He was a legend in his time, but now it is time to move on.

I can''t see what the problem is! We can chant what we like, when we like. Roeder knew he was not going to be popular letting him go, so he''s brought all this on himself! Especially as we haven''t started too well! I wonder what''s it going to be like, when Hucks is here sitting in the crowd?

Do you think the players a deaf? They can clearly hear people chanting Huckerby''s name if it is loud enough, how do you think that makes Hoolahan feel after already being labelled as his "replacement"

He plays 3 games and the Huckerby chants start - if he hears them he probably feels crap

If the players would "pull their socks up" maybe we would be singing their names instead of Huckerby''s! You have to earn the respect of the supporters by playing well, and until they do everyone better get used to it!

The defense and midfield are playing pretty well, I''m sure most would agree. As soon as the strikers get a grip the team is nearly there! Target man and its complete

[quote user="Carrow Roeder"]The defense and midfield are playing pretty well, I''m sure most would agree. As soon as the strikers get a grip the team is nearly there! Target man and its complete[/quote]

And as soon as the strikers get a grip and start hitting the net, i am sure you start to here the chants for them! The chants for Huckerby are not aimed at any one player in paticular, it''s making a point to a certain individual who thinks he knows better! Not that he''s bothered one bit i bet!

Hucks would have been better than any one of the players out there today. Shame on you Stalinist re-writers of history, pretending Hucks never existed so let''s not mention him ever again. The guy is a legend who was bundled out the back-door with no respect and replaced with a load of crap.

[quote user="Marmite"]Hucks would have been better than any one of the players out there today. Shame on you Stalinist re-writers of history, pretending Hucks never existed so let''s not mention him ever again. The guy is a legend who was bundled out the back-door with no respect and replaced with a load of crap.[/quote]

You seem to be labouring under the misapprehension that professional footballers play out of nothing but "pride" and "love for the fans". Football isn''t like that. Mr Huckerby was an unacceptable business risk, a very expensive commodity that we can currently ill afford.

[quote user="Marmite"]Hucks would have been better than any one of the players out there today. Shame on you Stalinist re-writers of history, pretending Hucks never existed so let''s not mention him ever again. The guy is a legend who was bundled out the back-door with no respect and replaced with a load of crap.[/quote]no one is saying forget what he done for the club..he is and will alwayz be a ncfc legend...but he is gone and isnt coming back...no matter how much we chant his name at CR

[quote user="Jim Duffy"]

[quote user="Marmite"]Hucks would have been better than any one of the players out there today. Shame on you Stalinist re-writers of history, pretending Hucks never existed so let''s not mention him ever again. The guy is a legend who was bundled out the back-door with no respect and replaced with a load of crap.[/quote]

You seem to be labouring under the misapprehension that professional footballers play out of nothing but "pride" and "love for the fans". Football isn''t like that. Mr Huckerby was an unacceptable business risk, a very expensive commodity that we can currently ill afford.

[/quote]

Much the same as our figurehead says that we are the ''beshtest fushball shurporters''......When in reality, do her and the board actually give a duck - about the fans? Maybe around season ticket renewal time they adore us, eh?

[quote user="Jim Duffy"]

[/quote]Huckerby is earning $355,000 this year in the MLS. That equates to: £190,767. Which equates to: £3668 per week. Probably less than what Martin earns and probably would be by far the lowest earner in the first team. I can''t see how £200,000 is such a vast amount to pay somebody considering the replacement alone cost £250,000 not including his wages...