Sign in to follow this  
kdncfc

Cullum again.

[quote user="Beauseant"]As for the second point,I accept that anti board sentiment predates Cullum.The point I was making is that before the board are driven out we need to be sure that Cullum is committed to coming in.I see no evidence of that at present.Again,I welcome new investment and have no problem with new ownership.I just don''t want anarchy.[/quote]Which makes you a blinkered, bleating Delia-lover who clearly doesn''t care about the club, evidently... [;)]

[quote user="corbs"]He may be back, and I am not against re-negotiations, but he has some tough questions to answer, and I would like to see a thorough report/audit of his company and how he made his money, as I do not want my Club to go the same sad way that Liverpool, Man City and United, Chelsea have gone, not to mention Gippeswyk Town. Yes, middle of the Championship or league 1 is better than selling our soul. Cullum, let''s be having the truth![/quote]

Surely the questions should be to the board first?  Like the normal where has all the money gone?  Why have they spent so much off field and not on?  Why have the fans been told on TV that there was lots of lovely investment, when clearly there hasn''t been?  Where is the ambition we have had rammed down our throats fof god knows how long?  What did exactly happen with regards to PC?

I am sure there are more questions than answers, and we know full well we won''t ever get answers from the current board, people have tried @ Q&A sessions and been shut up.

So maybe we should start by asking the questions firstly of those is charge of our beloved football club before asking any potential investor.

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="corbs"]He may be back, and I am not against re-negotiations, but he has some tough questions to answer, and I would like to see a thorough report/audit of his company and how he made his money, as I do not want my Club to go the same sad way that Liverpool, Man City and United, Chelsea have gone, not to mention Gippeswyk Town. Yes, middle of the Championship or league 1 is better than selling our soul. Cullum, let''s be having the truth![/quote]
I don''t know a great deal about the financial side of things, but don''t a company''s finances have to be independently audited annually and included in the annual report and accounts? Surely if there were financial irregularities found by the auditors then these would be public knowledge? I don''t think anything illicit or below-board has been reported about his activities, he just appears to have a very aggressive business strategy - that link I posted describes him as something of a ''deal junkie''. There''s a reason he''s keeping his cards close to his chest, though, and that''s because he wants a better deal. Delia and Michael also want a better deal for themselves, but with the club''s stock looking more likely to depreciate than appreciate in the near future, you can understand him taking his time.
[/quote]

You''re correct.Accounts have to be audited each year.I don''t think there''s anything"dodgy" about Cullum.He''s known as a very aggressive businessman who gets what he wants,but therein lies my concern.If he really wanted NCFC he would have got it.I''m afraid the cut price argument is flawed.Yes,if we go down or get into the financial mire the price goes down,but so does the kudos.Why pay less on the nail then have to pay more to drag the club back up,with less certainty of succeeding? Just a thought,and only a thought,because I have no more idea of the workings of PC''s mind than anyone else.

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Beauseant"]As for the second point,I accept that anti board sentiment predates Cullum.The point I was making is that before the board are driven out we need to be sure that Cullum is committed to coming in.I see no evidence of that at present.Again,I welcome new investment and have no problem with new ownership.I just don''t want anarchy.[/quote]
Which makes you a blinkered, bleating Delia-lover who clearly doesn''t care about the club, evidently... [;)]
[/quote]

LOL! yeah,you got me : )

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="corbs"]He may be back, and I am not against re-negotiations, but he has some tough questions to answer, and I would like to see a thorough report/audit of his company and how he made his money, as I do not want my Club to go the same sad way that Liverpool, Man City and United, Chelsea have gone, not to mention Gippeswyk Town. Yes, middle of the Championship or league 1 is better than selling our soul. Cullum, let''s be having the truth![/quote]I don''t know a great deal about the financial side of things, but don''t a company''s finances have to be independently audited annually and included in the annual report and accounts? Surely if there were financial irregularities found by the auditors then these would be public knowledge? I don''t think anything illicit or below-board has been reported about his activities, he just appears to have a very aggressive business strategy - that link I posted describes him as something of a ''deal junkie''. There''s a reason he''s keeping his cards close to his chest, though, and that''s because he wants a better deal. Delia and Michael also want a better deal for themselves, but with the club''s stock looking more likely to depreciate than appreciate in the near future, you can understand him taking his time.[/quote]

You''re correct.Accounts have to be audited each year.I don''t think there''s anything"dodgy" about Cullum.He''s known as a very aggressive businessman who gets what he wants,but therein lies my concern.If he really wanted NCFC he would have got it.I''m afraid the cut price argument is flawed.Yes,if we go down or get into the financial mire the price goes down,but so does the kudos.Why pay less on the nail then have to pay more to drag the club back up,with less certainty of succeeding? Just a thought,and only a thought,because I have no more idea of the workings of PC''s mind than anyone else.

[/quote]Yes, you have a point there, and a very depressing one at that. He knows that investing in a football club is hardly a great way to accumulate capital. He did his bidding through Archant, and then disappeared back into the woodwork without so much as a whimper once D&M slammed the door. He could easily afford to buy the whole operation without even denting his fortune, so it does seem rather strange that he''s gone completely silent... double-bluff, or have Smith and Jones really gone and burnt our golden ticket?

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="corbs"]He may be back, and I am not against re-negotiations, but he has some tough questions to answer, and I would like to see a thorough report/audit of his company and how he made his money, as I do not want my Club to go the same sad way that Liverpool, Man City and United, Chelsea have gone, not to mention Gippeswyk Town. Yes, middle of the Championship or league 1 is better than selling our soul. Cullum, let''s be having the truth![/quote]
I don''t know a great deal about the financial side of things, but don''t a company''s finances have to be independently audited annually and included in the annual report and accounts? Surely if there were financial irregularities found by the auditors then these would be public knowledge? I don''t think anything illicit or below-board has been reported about his activities, he just appears to have a very aggressive business strategy - that link I posted describes him as something of a ''deal junkie''. There''s a reason he''s keeping his cards close to his chest, though, and that''s because he wants a better deal. Delia and Michael also want a better deal for themselves, but with the club''s stock looking more likely to depreciate than appreciate in the near future, you can understand him taking his time.
[/quote]

[/quote]
Yes, you have a point there, and a very depressing one at that. He knows that investing in a football club is hardly a great way to accumulate capital. He did his bidding through Archant, and then disappeared back into the woodwork without so much as a whimper once D&M slammed the door. He could easily afford to buy the whole operation without even denting his fortune, so it does seem rather strange that he''s gone completely silent... double-bluff, or have Smith and Jones really gone and burnt our golden ticket?
[/quote]

I share this concern about Cullum. If most of us had £1.7 billion, I don''t think we would be haggling over the price too much, particularly if a cheap price depended on the club getting into trouble.

Some fan!

[/quote]

Try that explanation on more than just a few million people directly impacted by the Enron fiasco ( to name just one ), but remember to duck when rotten tomatoes are thrown.

Of course, there are those folks who are resting their little grey cells on Peter Cullum''s interest in Norwich City as being genuine, he has the interest of the club at heart, he has the financial resources, he''s patiently waiting to strike a better deal etc etc etc., and to those people I say "put your left foot in, put your left foot out, put your left foot in and shake it all about, then do the hokey pokey." After you''ve completed this exercise then sit down and breathe in and out deeply for five minutes. Your heads should now be much clearer to think logically. 

If Peter Cullum is truly interested in acquiring Norwich City then we should ALL BE ABLE TO AGREE that he is probably doing it for the love of the club. Right? I mean it''s not exactly central to his business base. He knows that football clubs over the long term are not good investment vehicles. So, if he''s highly motivated to do it for love ( we should assume he wants this to be perceived to be the case because this has been postulated by many and he has not positioned it differently ) then we should all be able to agree that an extra 15 or 20 million is small change to him. Then why would this busy man  ( who has all manner of opportunities elsewhere that require his time and attention ) not structure a formal offer in such a way that meets the requirement of the Norwich Board and, if they still refuse to sell, then and only then  provide the media with full details of his formal offer.

Now then, before some of you negative ones get your shorts in a twist, just think for a moment. Regardless of whether you are supportive of or anti the current Norwich Board, if you or I were Peter Cullum and the thoughts I expressed in the previous paragraph were directionally correct, then can you imagine that armed with your love for the club and your financial resources, that you would have turned up in the media with this strawman "20 million for players" idea at exactly the time when transfer activity was about to occur. Then with little more known to the media and the fans walk away from the situation as quickly as you arrived with the little footnote to a few enquiring fans that "Delia is not interested in selling at any price." If you buy that theory then can we meet up please at a time of your choosing as I have a few "sound investments" I''d like to sell to you.  

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

Try that explanation on more than just a few million people directly impacted by the Enron fiasco ( to name just one ), but remember to duck when rotten tomatoes are thrown.

Of course, there are those folks who are resting their little grey cells on Peter Cullum''s interest in Norwich City as being genuine, he has the interest of the club at heart, he has the financial resources, he''s patiently waiting to strike a better deal etc etc etc., and to those people I say "put your left foot in, put your left foot out, put your left foot in and shake it all about, then do the hokey pokey." After you''ve completed this exercise then sit down and breathe in and out deeply for five minutes. Your heads should now be much clearer to think logically. 

If Peter Cullum is truly interested in acquiring Norwich City then we should ALL BE ABLE TO AGREE that he is probably doing it for the love of the club. Right? I mean it''s not exactly central to his business base. He knows that football clubs over the long term are not good investment vehicles. So, if he''s highly motivated to do it for love ( we should assume he wants this to be perceived to be the case because this has been postulated by many and he has not positioned it differently ) then we should all be able to agree that an extra 15 or 20 million is small change to him. Then why would this busy man  ( who has all manner of opportunities elsewhere that require his time and attention ) not structure a formal offer in such a way that meets the requirement of the Norwich Board and, if they still refuse to sell, then and only then  provide the media with full details of his formal offer.

Now then, before some of you negative ones get your shorts in a twist, just think for a moment. Regardless of whether you are supportive of or anti the current Norwich Board, if you or I were Peter Cullum and the thoughts I expressed in the previous paragraph were directionally correct, then can you imagine that armed with your love for the club and your financial resources, that you would have turned up in the media with this strawman "20 million for players" idea at exactly the time when transfer activity was about to occur. Then with little more known to the media and the fans walk away from the situation as quickly as you arrived with the little footnote to a few enquiring fans that "Delia is not interested in selling at any price." If you buy that theory then can we meet up please at a time of your choosing as I have a few "sound investments" I''d like to sell to you.  

[/quote]

I don''t know what''s wrong with the forum today.This is yet another well conceived and thought provoking post,and I think you''ve articulated a lot of my concerns about Cullum''s approach.

Good post Yankee, can''t disagree with any of your thoughts on the Cullum situation. An additional concern I would have is who it was he wanted to have on the board to represent him.