Sign in to follow this  
ncfcstar

I've Had My Eyes Opened......(A Report On Todays Proceedings)

To the utter rubbish that is talked by some people on this board.

Starting with the game ratings:

Marshall - 6 - He had zero to do all game, apart from try and save the penalty which in all fairness he nearly got to, feel a bit sorry for him really because he didn''t have a save to make.

Bertrand - 6 - Left exposed slightly by Hoolahan, and didn''t have one of his best games for us, but apart from a few mistakes looked generally good.

Omosuzi - 5 - He could be a good all round player, but it was a stupid challenge for the penalty. Is he really better than Otsemobor? I''m not convinced.

Kennedy - 7 - Looked accomplished, and once fully match fit will be a very good centre back, he did one piece of great skill to take the ball past their striker but then lost the ball which led to the penalty. One bad mistake in an otherwise solid performance.

Stefanovic - 8 - Apart from a jittery start it would probably have been a 9. He looked like an accomplished performer who wont let us down this season, some quality touches, and in my eyes a brilliant signing by Roeder. A candidate for captain I think.

Hoolahan - 6 - Make no mistake, he looks like a good player, but I would like to see him be slightly more disciplined to the left wing he drifts inside so much, in fact he was playing right wing by the end of the match!! Showed some good touches, but perhaps was intimidated by his old team. Missed an open goal as well.

Pattison - 5 - Not his own fault, he played ok, but he should not be on the right wing because he doesn''t have a right foot. Looked sharp for the first 20 and then disappeared really.

Fotheringham - 4 - Completely outclassed by Clingan, if it wasn''t for him being captain I don''t think he would be in the squad. Didn''t do much all game really.

Clingan - 7 - Another accomplished performance by one of our new signings, and outclassed Fotheringham. Knocks the ball around really well, I wasn''t expecting to be impressed by him, but I was.

Lupoli - 6 - Didn''t do much, then missed an open goal, but he was offside.

Cureton - 5 - Rubbish, what can I say he didn''t do anything of much not apart from miss chances, was offside a couple of times as well. The first one hit the crossbar, which he should have put away, and then he either scuffed a shot and it fell to Lupoli or he passed (when Lupoli was clearly offside) when he was 1 on 1. He is not the striker we need up front.

SUBS:

Russell - 7 - Played well as a make-shift striker, and took a scrappy goal well. He should be in the team ahead of Fotheringham, make no bones about it.

Croft - 6 - Didn''t do much of note, but looked good when he came on, offered more on the right than Pattison.

Koroma - 6 - I think he should start up front in the next game because he has a little bit of height, and will make the target man problem slightly less important before we get one in. Looked tidy when he came on, and clearly has pace to burn!

------------------------------------------------------------

Overall some of the people on here are so bloody negative it is unbelievable, but now I realise that they clearly haven''t been to the games. Our back four look very strong, but I think I would prefer to see Otsemobor back in. The midfield look half decent as well, but I would like to see Fotheringham dropped. Our problem lies up front, and until that is sorted we will struggle to score. Lupoli and Cureton were only going to score if the perfect through ball came off, and when it did Cureton fluffed a one on one. This means we need a target man desperately, one for them to play off, and we need him in soon. If we don''t get one in, however well we play, we will struggle in this league. I think Koroma can be a stop gap in the meantime, but we need a target man without a doubt.

Some people on this board get people down, but they don''t watch the games people. We looked good in 2/3rd''s of the pitch today, a lot better than last season. Don''t get me wrong, I realise we need a striker and until then we will struggle, but I am confident that once this person comes in then we will be able to challenge in this league without a doubt. The signs are promising, remember Blackpool couldn''t have had a shot on goal apart from the penalty!! Just get that striker in, and then we can all breath a collective sigh of relief, and look forward to a good season.

ncfcstar why do you have so much common sense.... it''s not healthy for this forum :)

I have to totally agree with you on all points here, your match ratings are spot on, maybe a 4 for Curo however :)

Our defense look outstanding, it''s a shame the results don''t prove this. Looking at the goals we conceded so far, the MK Dons one is the only well worked one. Coventry was a penalty and a flukey one off the bar that was scrambled over after luckily falling to Leon. Today was another penalty.

Overall, apart from 2 pens, a lucky Coventry goal and anther penalty today, MK Dons worked the goal well and Blackpool had one shot first half today that was nicely worked. Other than that, over 3 games Marshall has done nothing but watch and see lucky penalties go against Norwich defenders.

Well done Glenn on getting Stefanovic, looks immense!

We were playing probably the worst team in the division and at home and most people were predicting 3 and 4 nil victories yet we have failed to win . Lets see what the next few games bring they will be a much better guide of how good or bad we are .My own opinion is we will finish in the bottom 6 .

ncfcstar - I disagree with a couple of your player ratings, Patty should be a 6 at least, he ran his socks off and certainly did not fade after 20 minutes, Kennedy should be a 6, he should know when to play and when to clear his lines, his poor decision led to the penalty and he missed a couple of headers. You make some good points but you need to bear in mind the fact we were playing a very ordinary Blackpool side today, will our defence look so good against half decent opposition?, I am not so sure...

Well you are a Fotheringham fan so I will let you off :P. Don''t you think if we sign a target man we will be a lot better though Loan City? If we had had that outlet today I have no doubt that we would have destroyed Blackpool.

We can''t blame Kennedy solely for the penalty, there was another poor bit of defending from Omozusi that went wrong, not forgetting the awful tackle that actually brought the player down.

A Blackpool fan on our board reckons you looked a decent side! Sometimes it''s just a few adjustments and a bit of time that''s needed. Sounds like you need to sort the forward line out - maybe then the side will look a lot better.

Carrow Roeder - I am not solely blaming Kennedy, the tackle from Omozusi was poor but he would have not had to make the tackle if Kennedy had cleared his lines rather than try to dribble the ball out of defence and giving it way in a very dangerous area. I am not trying to suggest that Kennedy is a bad player, I am just calling it as I saw it.

I agree actually, but I thought the rest of the game he was pretty solid. He actually did well to get out of a sticky situation only to give it away! Shame really, blotted an otherwise good performance IMO. Better than Shacks or the Doc without a doubt.

Kennedy''s positioning at times was completely shocking. In the first half I had a really good view of it and he just looked like he was on roller skates. I can''t say as well that his positioning is was awful second half but he did give the ball away shockingly to give them the ball on the edge of the penalty area. That said he showed glimpses of very good play and looks promising. I also have to disagree with cureton. I thought he made some excellent runs today but never got the ball. When he got the ball played through it created chances and on one of them he forced a corner that would end up resulting in us scoring. Hate him all you want, but I watched his runs all game and they were the best I''ve seen him do in a long time. His two chances were difficult and it''s a shame he hit the cross bar on both but I can''t comment on "the" through on goal. Only he knows if he passed or shot. You''ll have to ask him what he did, because I watched it twice and if anything it looked more like a pass than a shot, especially when when cureton shoots it''s usually flying high in the air and not along the floor. I think i was harsh on pattison earlier. He did play awfully but it wasn''t his fault and he did try hard to keep the play flowing but Mo is a good defender and really punished him badly. Anybody who thinks pattison playing right wing was a good idea should be sectioned. Lupoli was awful, whatever way you looked at it. He looked very dispirited and his early bright start seemed to dissolve after his first bad miss. He showed a lack of ceativity in his movement and uninterested in his passing game. The second miss destroyed him, and the crowd reaction I think means we''ll never see him performing for us.

Suppose it all comes down to opinions , i was not at the match but listening on the radio and Craig Fleming was co commentating  he thought we were not very good and surely he should know what hes talking about.

Honestly mate, and I am not trying to be overly optimistic at all, we looked good, and if we had a target man we would have beaten Blackpool convincingly IMO. Like you say, its opinions, but I think we should be optimistic if we sign a target man.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Honestly mate, and I am not trying to be overly optimistic at all, we looked good, and if we had a target man we would have beaten Blackpool convincingly IMO. Like you say, its opinions, but I think we should be optimistic if we sign a target man.[/quote]I have to agree with you ncfcstar. I think we were just missing several performances. Say having bell on the right instead of Pattison. Russell in instead of fozzy and a big target man in instead of Lupoli and the team as a whole looks a lot better and will look more as a team.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Completely agree Fellas. Although not so sure about keeping Cureton in the team ;-)[/quote]I think a lot of people don''t like him (or I should say don''t rate him) and I''m in the minority. I admit he''s not the player earnie is. And we really could do with somebody better than him but that''s what we''ve got and I can''t see us dishing out for one good quality striker let alone two, so it looks like Cureton it''ll be. I do have a soft spot for him mainly because I do like players who run channels well and he did run them very well. Maybe I concentrate on movement too much but that said after seeing some of the players we''ve had (Hartson lol, robinson haha), I dunno! [:)]

[quote user="Fellas"][quote user="ncfcstar"]Honestly mate, and I am not trying to be overly optimistic at all, we looked good, and if we had a target man we would have beaten Blackpool convincingly IMO. Like you say, its opinions, but I think we should be optimistic if we sign a target man.[/quote]

I have to agree with you ncfcstar. I think we were just missing several performances. Say having bell on the right instead of Pattison. Russell in instead of fozzy and a big target man in instead of Lupoli and the team as a whole looks a lot better and will look more as a team.
[/quote]

I agree totlly with you two - and it is rather sad that a realistic hopeful thread doesn''t get anywhere near as many replies as one slagging all and sundry off, but c''est la vie. 

I completely disagree with those who have written us off as garbage - for starters, if people can''t see that there has been a big improvement in our passing/possession (something that Neil Adams was commenting on), then there is little hope for them.  Sure, there are some things that need sorting, and hopefully when they are, things may well ''click''.  One thing is for sure, Blackpool never remotely looked like scoring from open play.

IMO it was a strange decision to play Patty on the right but he didn''t do a great deal wrong, I''ll be interested to see Bell when he gets fit - it was meant to be 2-3 weeks when we signed him, so hopefully won''t be long.  Other than that, Fozzie was pretty anonymous and I would probably have Rusty/Clingan in the centre in preference.  Get some physical presence up front (doesn''t even need to be a ''giant'', someone like Ched Evans would do, a bit in-your-face) and I''m sure the results will improve.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]To the utter rubbish that is talked by some people on this board.

Marshall - 6 - He had zero to do all game, apart from try and save the penalty which in all fairness he nearly got to, feel a bit sorry for him really because he didn''t have a save to make.

Bertrand - 6 - Left exposed slightly by Hoolahan, and didn''t have one of his best games for us, but apart from a few mistakes looked generally good.

Omosuzi - 5 - He could be a good all round player, but it was a stupid challenge for the penalty. Is he really better than Otsemobor? I''m not convinced.

Kennedy - 7 - Looked accomplished, and once fully match fit will be a very good centre back, he did one piece of great skill to take the ball past their striker but then lost the ball which led to the penalty. One bad mistake in an otherwise solid performance.

Stefanovic - 8 - Apart from a jittery start it would probably have been a 9. He looked like an accomplished performer who wont let us down this season, some quality touches, and in my eyes a brilliant signing by Roeder. A candidate for captain I think.

Hoolahan - 6 - Make no mistake, he looks like a good player, but I would like to see him be slightly more disciplined to the left wing he drifts inside so much, in fact he was playing right wing by the end of the match!! Showed some good touches, but perhaps was intimidated by his old team. Missed an open goal as well.

Pattison - 5 - Not his own fault, he played ok, but he should not be on the right wing because he doesn''t have a right foot. Looked sharp for the first 20 and then disappeared really.

Fotheringham - 4 - Completely outclassed by Clingan, if it wasn''t for him being captain I don''t think he would be in the squad. Didn''t do much all game really.

Clingan - 7 - Another accomplished performance by one of our new signings, and outclassed Fotheringham. Knocks the ball around really well, I wasn''t expecting to be impressed by him, but I was.

Cureton - 5 - Rubbish, what can I say he didn''t do anything of much not apart from miss chances, was offside a couple of times as well. The first one hit the crossbar, which he should have put away, and then he either scuffed a shot and it fell to Lupoli or he passed (when Lupoli was clearly offside) when he was 1 on 1. He is not the striker we need up front.

SUBS:

Russell - 7 - Played well as a make-shift striker, and took a scrappy goal well. He should be in the team ahead of Fotheringham, make no bones about it.

Croft - 6 - Didn''t do much of note, but looked good when he came on, offered more on the right than Pattison.

Koroma - 6 - I think he should start up front in the next game because he has a little bit of height, and will make the target man problem slightly less important before we get one in. Looked tidy when he came on, and clearly has pace to burn!

Overall some of the people on here are so bloody negative it is unbelievable, but now I realise that they clearly haven''t been to the games. Our back four look very strong, but I think I would prefer to see Otsemobor back in. The midfield look half decent as well, but I would like to see Fotheringham dropped. Our problem lies up front, and until that is sorted we will struggle to score. Lupoli and Cureton were only going to score if the perfect through ball came off, and when it did Cureton fluffed a one on one. This means we need a target man desperately, one for them to play off, and we need him in soon. If we don''t get one in, however well we play, we will struggle in this league. I think Koroma can be a stop gap in the meantime, but we need a target man without a doubt.

Some people on this board get people down, but they don''t watch the games people. We looked good in 2/3rd''s of the pitch today, a lot better than last season. Don''t get me wrong, I realise we need a striker and until then we will struggle, but I am confident that once this person comes in then we will be able to challenge in this league without a doubt. The signs are promising, remember Blackpool couldn''t have had a shot on goal apart from the penalty!! Just get that striker in, and then we can all breath a collective sigh of relief, and look forward to a good season.[/quote]

The most important statistic you''ve failed to mention is the fact that it was the wrong line-up from the start.

[quote user="shyster"][quote user="ncfcstar"]To the utter rubbish that is talked by some people on this board.

SUBS:

Some people on this board get people down, but they don''t watch the games people. We looked good in 2/3rd''s of the pitch today, a lot better than last season. Don''t get me wrong, I realise we need a striker and until then we will struggle, but I am confident that once this person comes in then we will be able to challenge in this league without a doubt. The signs are promising, remember Blackpool couldn''t have had a shot on goal apart from the penalty!! Just get that striker in, and then we can all breath a collective sigh of relief, and look forward to a good season.[/quote]

The most important statistic you''ve failed to mention is the fact that it was the wrong line-up from the start.[/quote]

Actually, you kind of did, so please accept my unreserved apologies.

Just to redress the balance a little and at the risk of being jumped on as being negative, yes there were a lot of positives today, we played some nice football, but 1) We lack a cutting edge and 2) Blackpool are a poor old side. We are going to be playing some much better sides in this division and we need to raise our game substantially. It maybe that our new style of play will be better suited for the matches against the better teams, I really hope so. I thought Hoolahan passed the ball well, but he does not tackle back, has a tendency to drift inside such that we lack any width, and has a tencency to fade out of the game, again I hoping that this is only because as an ex Blackpool player they had "got his number".

[quote user="ncfcstar"]To the utter rubbish that is talked by some people on this board. Starting with the game ratings: Marshall - 6 - He had zero to do all game, apart from try and save the penalty which in all fairness he nearly got to, feel a bit sorry for him really because he didn''t have a save to make. Bertrand - 6 - Left exposed slightly by Hoolahan, and didn''t have one of his best games for us, but apart from a few mistakes looked generally good. Omosuzi - 5 - He could be a good all round player, but it was a stupid challenge for the penalty. Is he really better than Otsemobor? I''m not convinced. Kennedy - 7 - Looked accomplished, and once fully match fit will be a very good centre back, he did one piece of great skill to take the ball past their striker but then lost the ball which led to the penalty. One bad mistake in an otherwise solid performance. Stefanovic - 8 - Apart from a jittery start it would probably have been a 9. He looked like an accomplished performer who wont let us down this season, some quality touches, and in my eyes a brilliant signing by Roeder. A candidate for captain I think. Hoolahan - 6 - Make no mistake, he looks like a good player, but I would like to see him be slightly more disciplined to the left wing he drifts inside so much, in fact he was playing right wing by the end of the match!! Showed some good touches, but perhaps was intimidated by his old team. Missed an open goal as well. Pattison - 5 - Not his own fault, he played ok, but he should not be on the right wing because he doesn''t have a right foot. Looked sharp for the first 20 and then disappeared really. Fotheringham - 4 - Completely outclassed by Clingan, if it wasn''t for him being captain I don''t think he would be in the squad. Didn''t do much all game really. Clingan - 7 - Another accomplished performance by one of our new signings, and outclassed Fotheringham. Knocks the ball around really well, I wasn''t expecting to be impressed by him, but I was. Lupoli - 6 - Didn''t do much, then missed an open goal, but he was offside. Cureton - 5 - Rubbish, what can I say he didn''t do anything of much not apart from miss chances, was offside a couple of times as well. The first one hit the crossbar, which he should have put away, and then he either scuffed a shot and it fell to Lupoli or he passed (when Lupoli was clearly offside) when he was 1 on 1. He is not the striker we need up front. SUBS: Russell - 7 - Played well as a make-shift striker, and took a scrappy goal well. He should be in the team ahead of Fotheringham, make no bones about it. Croft - 6 - Didn''t do much of note, but looked good when he came on, offered more on the right than Pattison. Koroma - 6 - I think he should start up front in the next game because he has a little bit of height, and will make the target man problem slightly less important before we get one in. Looked tidy when he came on, and clearly has pace to burn! ------------------------------------------------------------ Overall some of the people on here are so bloody negative it is unbelievable, but now I realise that they clearly haven''t been to the games. Our back four look very strong, but I think I would prefer to see Otsemobor back in. The midfield look half decent as well, but I would like to see Fotheringham dropped. Our problem lies up front, and until that is sorted we will struggle to score. Lupoli and Cureton were only going to score if the perfect through ball came off, and when it did Cureton fluffed a one on one. This means we need a target man desperately, one for them to play off, and we need him in soon. If we don''t get one in, however well we play, we will struggle in this league. I think Koroma can be a stop gap in the meantime, but we need a target man without a doubt. Some people on this board get people down, but they don''t watch the games people. We looked good in 2/3rd''s of the pitch today, a lot better than last season. Don''t get me wrong, I realise we need a striker and until then we will struggle, but I am confident that once this person comes in then we will be able to challenge in this league without a doubt. The signs are promising, remember Blackpool couldn''t have had a shot on goal apart from the penalty!! Just get that striker in, and then we can all breath a collective sigh of relief, and look forward to a good season.[/quote]

Do you sit in the Barclay?

having seen all 3 games this season I would agree with the view that it is the forwatds that is the weakness. I also thoufght Pattison had a good game although not a right winger. Unless the cook is prepared to spend decent money on forwards we will struggle this season.

Cureton is a disgrace. I don''t think he scuffed a shot when through one-on-one. I think he intended a pass to Lupoli so that he wouldn''t get a tongue-lashing from Roeder when he missed. Not to shoot when through like that is tantemount to cowardice in the face of the enemy. What a pity we can''t shoot him at dawn!!

[quote user="ncfcstar"]No Cambridge, I sit in the Jarrold, how come?[/quote]

Because I was trying to understand how you missed the good runs and couple of excellent flicks that Cureton made in the second half.   It didn''t all come off but he was trying to do some intelligent and worthwhile things.   I was impressed by his second half performance today despite his awful miss in the first half.   He does keep trying even when it goes bad despite all the criticism.  He was much better than you allowed.

You are obviously not an idiot so I wondered if you sat in the Barclay and didn''t see it all from there.

Fair enough, I am not putting the blame solely at his feet, because like I have said I don''t think we can score unless we play the perfect ball along the ground, and 75% of the time they wont come off. I think he put a lot of effort in last season as well, but he doesn''t have my support because when he was put in he missed more often than not, and the same happened yesterday.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Fair enough, I am not putting the blame solely at his feet, because like I have said I don''t think we can score unless we play the perfect ball along the ground, and 75% of the time they wont come off. I think he put a lot of effort in last season as well, but he doesn''t have my support because when he was put in he missed more often than not, and the same happened yesterday.[/quote]I said exactly the same thing Saturday regarding the 75%. If that''s the case then play the ball 8 times a game. It gives Cureton 2 chances that he wants to score. That''s how cureton gets his goals, he''s a channel runner. He might have missed one of the chances he got on Saturday (or maybe he passed it, we don''t know) but he only got one, and to be frank that''s not good enough service. He''s not earnie, he doesn''t want it to feet in the box, he wants you to slide it through to his path. Too often we didn''t do that saturday and last season when we had the chance too. If, it does still miss them then obviously we might as well ship him out and get a lovely new shiny striker in for less than we spent on cureton...