Sign in to follow this  
shropshire canary

Clarks Shoes...

...clearly appreciate the up and coming profile of our team and city!! Their new press ad campaign with the headline ''Norwich is my New York'' has a very clear home team shirt worn by one of the models in the ad. I''ll have to trade my Hush Puppies in now!!!

Clarks did four locations in all (the Norwich one being the playing area off Vauxhall Road) and there was a story in the EDP + EN earlier in the summer - I''ll dig it out the archives if anyone''s really interested...

[image]http://new.pinkun.com/_images/2004/08/040831Clarks.jpg[/image]

EDP, Tuesday August 3

They are not often said in the same breath…

But shoe company Clarks is likening the cities of Norwich and New York in a new national advertising campaign.

The one-page colour advert shows a young man walking past a basketball court shod in a pair of ‘trainer inspired shoes’ with the words ‘Norwich is my New York’ in the top right hand corner.

The image also shows a boy wearing a Norwich City Football Club shirt. The advert, which will be appearing in the national press until the end of this month, is one of four in circulation with other captions – Margate is my Milan, Preston is my Paris, and a repetition on a theme, Newport is my New York.

The photograph was taken at the Jenny Lind play area on the corner of Vauxhall Street and Norfolk Street in May, with the image of the church superimposed afterwards.

A spokeswoman for the advertising agency St Luke’s who devised the campaign said: “This is part of the Life’s One Long Catwalk campaign.

“The idea behind the campaign is quite simple: Clarks shoes make you feel so great everyday that no matter where you are you can feel as if you are in a fashion capital such as New York, Paris and Milan.

“The adverts are celebratory in their tone and we hope to convey Norwich as much as we do New York. In each instance, we did actually shoot in the town we are showcasing.

“What we hope to achieve is a bit of a double take, on first viewing you think it’s New York and then you notice, that’s not quite so, hence the church spire and the Norwich City footy top.”

---

Orginal thread:
[link]http://new.pinkun.com/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=44517[/link]

Blimey, I used to play five-a-side in that play area in the early 70s - the last time I lived in the holy city. I''m almost in tears. We''ve had the advert in numerous publications in Nottingham.

I thought the chap wearing the shoes was Michael Owen, maybe not.

I have also seen this a few times and my first reaction was that it was a pi**take i.e. I''m not in New York where I would rather be and I''m in Norwich instead: thus even a humble place like Norwich could be like New York (a proper City). Maybe I was being too sensitive.

cheers vince,

maybe the man looks a bit like nigel...........