Sign in to follow this  
jayy2k8

Shola

That was not Shola you saw but Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink.  But before you all get the wrong idea he was asked by one of the fans if he was signing for us and he said NO.  Apparently he was in the stands doing a spying job for Cardiff ready for next week.  Several fans did get his autograph.  It was talked about on Radio Norfolk after the match.

[quote user="ThetfordCanary"]

That was not Shola you saw but Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink. 

[/quote]

If you mistake the two there are serious eyesight issues!

Why would he be spying for Cardiff , thought he had a big falling out with them and he is hardly likely to tell somebody in the street he was signing for us , i do feel that this is the type of cheap option we will get fobbed off with .

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="yellow blood"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="jayy2k8"]

Me aint bettin with a stranger like you mate !! u just watch, Shola a city player !! U wont be laughing when it happens !!

U will be the one red faced !!

[/quote]

tell you what fella.. if shola isnt a orwich player by the time of the Birmingham game i think you should do a strak accross the pitch during the match.. after all.. he''s signing.. so you have nothing to lose?

And what would shola be doing wandering around Aimlessly in yellows or outside the ground at half time.. if we were signing him he''d be being force fed Prawn sarnies in the directors box

jas :)

[/quote]

Perhaps he was having a quick fag? (smoke I mean!)

[/quote]

how the hell can any professional athlete smoke? it defeats the entire object!

jas :)

[/quote]

Someone once assembled an all smoking team.

Here it is and imagine they are Norwich City.  How would they have got on at home to Blackpool do you think?

Dino Zoff, Socrates, Gerson, Jack Charlton, Frank Leboeuf, Jimmy Greaves, David Ginola, Osvaldo Ardiles, Malcolm Macdonald, Bobby Charlton, Robert Prosinecki. Sub: Gazza. Coach: César Luis Menotti.

Of today? Lots.  Rooney for starters but plenty of others as well.

I expect they all do the five-a-day veg thing as well don''t you?

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

Here it is and imagine they are Norwich City.  How would they have got on at home to Blackpool do you think?

Dino Zoff, Socrates, Gerson, Jack Charlton, Frank Leboeuf, Jimmy Greaves, David Ginola, Osvaldo Ardiles, Malcolm Macdonald, Bobby Charlton, Robert Prosinecki. Sub: Gazza. Coach: César Luis Menotti.

[/quote]

Skilful but none of them were on the pitch workers though were they? Who''d get the ball for them?

They need a "three lungs."

If Hasslebaink does sign how much will cost to get his name on a shirt?

I would not be suprised at all if he did sign.  Yes he is old and has put on some weight, but he still has skill and more importantly knows where the back of the net is.

[quote user="Yelverton Yella"]Cam,

I do so enjoy your posts. I have this image of you sitting in an old leather chair in front of a desk piled high with cuttings and reference books with an overflowing ashtray and a neglected Senior Service sending out forlorn smoke signals...

You are monitoring two computer screens showing message boards from three football clubs whilst talking into an old-fashioned ''phone and doing your best to set up the next exclusive story involving a junior minister, a footballer and the leading lady from a West End show...

Having concluded the deal for your exclusive, you sigh with satisfaction, top up your glass of the finest single malt and shout to her upstairs ''That''s another ten grand in the bank! Now, how are you getting on with that story about the warthog and the Ipswich dignitary?''

I''m sure the reality is nothing like the fiction but, there again, most people posting on here notice a distinct blurring of the two!
[/quote]

Sadly, the reality is less although we have worked hard on a good David Kelly story (remember him?), the penguin inspecting the Norwegian Army was ours (we may have led the Royal Guard on a little in this, but I digress) and we got away with (last week) "Top Cop Jailed Paedo''s but then raped ME!" (Hull). (As usual, it was close to Boothferry Road).

The last time we went anywhere near Hull was for Windass who I note was just a sub on Saturday (that''s about it, I think, in the Premier League but he''ll get a job with the club  at the end of it).

A quirky thing we do have in common with the past is that we have an open coal fire in the office and on the coldest days of the Winter it is brought into action and is usually roaring away well before the staff come in - the orginal Times Newspaper editorial had that as well before the days of Murdoch.  They also had a Silver Service restaurant for the staff which we don''t have.

Did you know The Sun employ a full time Butler?  They do, but not for the full time journalistic oiks.

Only for the CEO and Directors.  He''s always in full morning or evening dress and very nice he looks, too.  Charming chap.

Headline:

"COUNCILLORS SWANKY LUNCHES COST £80,000 A YEAR."

[quote user="Badger"]

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

Skilful but none of them were on the pitch workers though were they? Who''d get the ball for them?

They need a "three lungs."

[/quote]

Greaves was when he got the ball.  Problem is he never passed it to anyone else but he didn''t seem to find it necessary to do that.  Who knows.  Different and better game in those days, I think.

This sounds thick i know but having never needed to report someone before i was wondering NCFCSTAR how you do it???

I''m quite disgusted by Y''army and wanna report him too

PS: Morris On,  as we say in the English Folk Dance and Song Society.

(For fifteen years, Bagman for the Thaxted Morris Men - now that''s an idea for half time entertainment (or not, as the case may be).

We''ve done Norfolk tours you know - generous lot you are outside the pub as I hit them over the head with a balloon (not allowed by Health and Safety to use a pig''s bladder anymore although I stay "blacked up" - sorry everyone).  Record takings at Holt (not surprising, we were virtually outside Bakers and Larners).

Morris on and in football, too!

Well you know, Cal, that "you should try everything in life once, except for incest and Morris Dancing" -Sir Arthur Bax (I thinik)

Perhaps someone should inform our friends down the A140?