Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink??

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="Mutley"]

We have 14 days till the end of the transfer window. Plenty of time I hear people say. Well if Glenn was right about it taking up to 6 weeks organising the signings of Hoolahan and Bell then we are in trouble. Iverson is looking a no go and Shola (if there was ever any truth to that rumour) is also looking very very unlikely. Which brings us to last minute panic buys and that ladies and gents is potentially where JFH or a lower league player who will force his current clubs arm (Andy Bishop anyone??!!??) I am completely gobsmacked that a multi million pound organisation doesn`t seem to have any sort of strategic plan. There idoesn`t seem to be a plan B let alone a plan C or D.

Delias outburst at the RNS now seems to be a cynical way of trying to fend off the baying wolves from the door and Doomys / Glens predictions of impessive signings just don`t seem to tally. The Iverson / Rosenborg situation is not of anyones doing however it does beg the question yet again were NCFC putting all their eggs in one basket and not leaving any room for contingency??

[/quote]

Only reason Hoolahan took so long to sign is because we had to get clearance from the FA first because of some situation with the transfer between Blackpool and his old club, did you not know that? or you just ignoring that fact?
[/quote]

No Ellis (you mildly patronising numpty) I`m not conveniently forgetting anything. What I`m trying to point out is the lack of strategic transfer policy at board level. We knew that Dions last game in a Norwich shirt was on Sat May 3rd. Therefore I find it incredulous that 3 1/2 months later (and now with just under 2 weeks remaining of the transfer window left) we are in this position. 

Glenn Roeder has admitted that he is "desperate to sign a big striker" Quote from the championship this morning. Therefore we are quite likely to end up paying over the odds for someone that wasn`t even 3rd choice on our radar in the last weeks, due to lack of coherent planning and contingency.

It was exactly the same when we tried to sign the young lad from Bristol City a couple of seasons ago before being gazzumped at the last minute by Wigan. Leaving us with no plan B and no time to organise a plan B.  

Jimmy Floyd took his seat in the Directionless box just after the second half commenced (he wasn''t sporting a freebie tacky Aviva''n a larf footy scarf either)...... Just come to watch the game, maybe?

Update on Wikipedia:

"On August 16th 2008 during the 1-1 draw between Norwich City and Blackpool it was revealed that Hasselbaink had attended the game at the personal invitation of Norwich Chairman Roger Munby and that it was expected the Canaries would extend this to training with the club during the following week with a view to offering the Dutchman a one year contact."

Someone must have entered this on Wiki within the past 12 hours.  I wonder who, and why?

[quote user="Fat Strawberry"]

Update on Wikipedia:

"On August 16th 2008 during the 1-1 draw between Norwich City and Blackpool it was revealed that Hasselbaink had attended the game at the personal invitation of Norwich Chairman Roger Munby and that it was expected the Canaries would extend this to training with the club during the following week with a view to offering the Dutchman a one year contact."

Someone must have entered this on Wiki within the past 12 hours.  I wonder who, and why?

[/quote]

I wonder why Archant aren''t chasing this up?........

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Fat Strawberry"]

Update on Wikipedia:

[/quote]

I wonder why Archant aren''t chasing this up?........

[/quote]

Sounds suspiciously like a windup to me.  It conjures up an image of RM saying "Glenn, meet Jimmy, Jimmy this is Glenn.  Glenn, Jimmy will be training with you next week, OK?"  I don''t think so . . .

[quote user="Beauseant"]

Fat,lazy,selfish Dutch tosser sums it up for me!

[/quote]

Suddenly I''m starting to hope the Wiki stuff is all true . . . Beauseant, if Roger says we want him is that OK with you?

[quote user="Fat Strawberry"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

Suddenly I''m starting to hope the Wiki stuff is all true . . . Beauseant, if Roger says we want him is that OK with you?

[/quote]

Must be something in this, cant imagine else why he would go all the way to Norwich to watch a game.

Especially at this time when we are desperate for a striker and he is looking for a club.

Big coinsidense?

First things first, the Wiki thing is a windup. Who exactly do you think has gone on there and written that? Munby himself.

Secondly, Hasselbaink himself has (allegedly) said he isn''t signing. Whilst it''s true he could be lying, I suspect in this case he isn''t.

[quote user="Ambrosden canary"][quote user="Fat Strawberry"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Must be something in this, cant imagine else why he would go all the way to Norwich to watch a game.

Especially at this time when we are desperate for a striker and he is looking for a club.

Big coinsidense?

Jimmy is part of da City massif now innit

Peace out from the Redenhall crew, come 2 our turf and you is mash up

[/quote]

[quote user="Fat Strawberry"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Be my guest! ; )

Jimm was in the directors box alright but if you had carried on listening to Canary Call you would have heard another caller say that he spoke to him and asked if he was here to sign up for Norwich.  Apparently he said NO!!!  Probably here to do a little checking for Cardiff as he is not being considered for the playing staff this year.

Apparently he said "You never know ". Also, he is not on good terms with Cardiff, he says they have welshed (no pun intended) on a clause that he gets a new contract becauae he made a certain number of appearances last season.  Therefore, he ceratinly was not ob Cardiff business.

[quote user="Jim Kent"]He is going sign. Listen/read Roeder comments on him very similar to what he said about Lupoli just before he signed.[/quote]

If he is, it''s a very strange way of going about things. Sitting in the directors box "at the personal invitation of Roger Munby"?  Smacks of the board trying to regain a bit of lost ground imo, a bit like Chase and Flecky in 1995.  Flecky was Chase''s choice, not Martin O''Neill''s.  He was trying to get the fans off his back.  Martin went along with it but Dean Windass was the player he really wanted and that''s why he walked when Chase wouldn''t cough up.

JFH has been a free agent all summer, we could have signed him weeks ago.  He''s hardly a fans favourite so if that''s what the board are up to they really are drinking in the last chance saloon.

Excellent stuff, we sign him and he''ll take a month to get fit. In the meantime we''re getting by with our toothless strikeforce amassing 8 points from the first 10 games. If we sign him as our main striker I''ll lose the will to live, it has to be either Munby or Delia''s idea because no body with any knowledge of football would go anywhere near a fat unfit 36 year old in our current predicament. Sounds like Hartson mk2 to me.

It''s even made it to the Daily Star - and then the BBC gossip page

"Rumours abound that Norwich are going to sign veteran Dutch striker Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink. (Daily Star)"

Now I wonder WHO might have sold that story to the Star. Surely not some ex-Sun journo who likes to hang around on this forum?