Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

How did we do?

For my opinion I refer you to my post, I''ve Had My Eyes Opened.

We played well, but we need a target man, otherwise we wont score many goals.

[quote user="CT"]

Long story short...on holiday.. havent read any match reports.

Was the general performance good or bad? Who was man of the match? Thanks guys

[/quote]It has very much been a case of the good, the bad and the downright ugly!

Defensively and in midfield looking excellent. Fotheringham must be dropped and Russell is our best goal threat by a mile at the moment. Fotheringham must lose captaincy and Stefanovic must gain it, total and utter domination for the most part at the back.

Cureton continues to miss, Pattison had his best game for us against Blackpool, Hoolahan was unusually quiet but got man of the match despite Kennedy or Stefanovic deserving it.

Lupoli is still not match fit, Koroma looks the most promising and again i reiterate, Cureton is still failing to score, but did hit the bar against the Pool.

target man required, Russell may be used as a striker until then.

Long story short :)

We managed a 1-1 draw at home against Blackpool and it''s regarded as a superb result by the majority of deluded posters on here.I leave you to make your own conclusions.

Not many people say it was a superb result, but a superb performance considering the short amount of time the players who started had to work together.

So for how many weeks will we be trotting out the old need to gel excuse ? a half tidy performance would have seen us beating Blackpool comfortably , unless something drastic happens i dont know where the first win will come from , Barnsley away will be the next realistic opportunity .

[quote user="Carrow Roeder"]Not many people say it was a superb result, but a superb performance considering the short amount of time the players who started had to work together.[/quote]

"Superb performance" is stretching it but he short analysis in your post above was outstanding and accurate from my perception.

[quote user="Badger"]

[quote user="Carrow Roeder"]Not many people say it was a superb result, but a superb performance considering the short amount of time the players who started had to work together.[/quote]

"Superb performance" is stretching it but he short analysis in your post above was outstanding and accurate from my perception.

[/quote]

Should add that I was impressed by Klingon or whatever his name is.

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]We managed a 1-1 draw at home against Blackpool and it''s regarded as a superb result by the majority of deluded posters on here.
I leave you to make your own conclusions.
[/quote]

I conclude that this post is total b*****ks. Who has said that they regard it as a ''superb result''?! I haven''t seen even the most extreme optimist saying this.

Is this what we''re currently calling realism?

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]We managed a 1-1 draw at home against Blackpool and it''s regarded as a superb result by the majority of deluded posters on here.
I leave you to make your own conclusions.
[/quote]

Because I''d already made mine before kickoff.

Carrow Roeder''s interpretation was pretty good C.T. BUT and it''s a big but - he forgot to mention that Blackpool were absolutely dreadful and quite possibly the worst team we will see at Carrow Road all season.

Make no mistake many sides will be putting 4''s and 5''s past them (on this showing) and if you think we are poor up front they bring a whole new meaning to the term ''toothless''. C.T.''s other inaccuracy is naming Kennedy and Stef'' as contenders for MoM, like Marshall they had very little to do although when they did one of them stood on the ball in possession gifting Blackpool the ball on the edge of our area which lead to the penalty!

Pattison has been awful pre-season but should have been MoM here and his slide rule through ball to Cureton in the build up to our offside ''goal'' was the best moment of an otherwise lacklustre match.

[quote user="ruddster"]

Carrow Roeder''s interpretation was pretty good C.T. BUT and it''s a big but - he forgot to mention that Blackpool were absolutely dreadful and quite possibly the worst team we will see at Carrow Road all season.

Make no mistake many sides will be putting 4''s and 5''s past them (on this showing) and if you think we are poor up front they bring a whole new meaning to the term ''toothless''. C.T.''s other inaccuracy is naming Kennedy and Stef'' as contenders for MoM, like Marshall they had very little to do although when they did one of them stood on the ball in possession gifting Blackpool the ball on the edge of our area which lead to the penalty!

Pattison has been awful pre-season but should have been MoM here and his slide rule through ball to Cureton in the build up to our offside ''goal'' was the best moment of an otherwise lacklustre match.

[/quote]

They were dreadful. The question is how much credit do you give Norwich for this? I think that we were very tight and starved them of possession and this contributed to Blackpool''s difficulty but then I am a hopeless optimist...

The same could be said when we played Coventry and they did OK this week.

I think that we were very tight and starved them of possession and this contributed to Blackpool''s difficulty but then I am a hopeless optimist...

The same could be said when we played Coventry and they did OK this week.

Yep, it''s all opinions at the moment Badger and I guess until Coventry, Blackpool and ourselves have played 10 or so games we won''t know for certain who''s right.

I think we played well, for at least 30 mins they couldn''t get out there half let alone there box. We were just mightly unlucky, some good saves from there keeper and last ditch tackles from the players, they were fighting for a point, and they didn''t let off.

Hopefully next time JC can convert his one on one chances.

[quote user="NewArthur"]

Hopefully next time JC can convert his one on one chances.

[/quote]

Yes - it was a shame that Lupoli got all the stick for that one because it was Cureton''s chance and he scuffed it terribly.

Even if Lupoli had scored he was offside but not many noticed that. having said that it was still a pretty astonishing miss!