Sign in to follow this  
shortfatb

Scoring Goals

I haven''t been on here for a while so this may have been said already. but whilst I agree we need a big striker to add some variety and strength to the attack, at the 2 games I''ve seen so far, (Cov and Blackpool) it has not been the need for someone over 6 foot 2 that has only given us one point, it is the fact that Lupoli, Cureton, Croft, Hoolahan, Koroma, etc. have all missed relatively easy opportunities to score. 

We have made excellent chances in both games but failed to take them, I therefore don''t care how tall or old the next man in is as long as he can take the chances all others spurn. 

I dont disagree but the number of chances is always drastically reduced.

I mean corners and crosses were a waste of time in both those games.

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]

I dont disagree but the number of chances is always drastically reduced.

I mean corners and crosses were a waste of time in both those games.

[/quote]

Except for the goal!

I agree, it won''t make much difference at the moment if we bring in a 6'' 4" or a 4'' 6" striker, you have to have a finisher, i mean look at Earnie...not exactly huge in the bean pole stakes is he, but someone like him know where the goal is with his eyes shut.To me this team don''t have it about them ? what " IT " is i really don''t know, but they don''t excite me, they don''t seem to be able to get my heart racing....something is missing and it''s not just goals.Some of roeders decisions often take me by suprise and even amuse me at times, Hoolahan is the only quality player GR has bought, the only other players in that i agree with so far are Bertrand, and that omuzumi omazusi om...anyway that defender bloke.....but GR can even manage to play Wes out of position, he leave shackle, croft (who i am not a fan of but that''s another story) Russell, all on the bench and the reason behind it is simple......he wants to play the players he''s brought into the club, and to be honest most of them aren''t up to it.I hope i am wrong, but whoever we have up front at the moment i feel this team lacks that yellow and green blood thing, which i believe only two players in the whole squad have....Cureton and  Russell and possibly Shacks....but that is what this team lacks and i can see it already.It was a good job that Blackpool are so poor, because a better team would have demolished us on saturday, i might upset a few people but remember I do have yellow and green blood and i would like footballers to have that "play for the badge" thing about them too, but this season we will struggle and when i say struggle i mean struggle to stay in this league, unless there is a big change on the pitch that is.

[quote user="huckster"]

Hoolahan is the only quality player GR has bought

[/quote]

Got to disagree with you there - I know some are loans but both centre backs looked good, Clingan looked vey useful, Bertrand we all know about. Give the others a chance before we judge them.

I agree entirely. I posted earlier that unless the present strikers improve their scoring rate, a target man however good is not going to make much difference. Unless of course the target man scores plenty of goals himself? But if this is the case, what''s the point of a target man?If it is to be Iversen, perhaps in January even, then there is logic in JFH arriving now, scoring some goals and allowing JO and  Lupoli to improve. (Curo has already said that he plays better off a target man, so don''t expect too much from him before the big man arrives.)We have lacked a consistent scorer for some time, except perhaps for Ashton and Ernie, neither of who stopped long. Most promotion teams have at least three good strikers who can all scor 15 or more a season, so even if one is injured....It doesn''t matter how the chances are created, but it does matter that they are not being taken!