Sign in to follow this  
Robsta

Who leaves early?????

Was at the Ricoh last saturday and was just wondering how many of the posters on here left after 80minutes?

There was one guy in particular who did nothing all game but give Coventry fans abuse about their lack of support and OMG he got up and left early!

I dont know about you guys but that is not true support! OK so we lost but the performance was good, all things considered! the least the people who left early could do was stand up and applaud the team for their brave effort!

Cue abuse.......................................

Never leave a Norwich match early, competitive match mind; the Colchester friendly no one can blame me for leaving early, it was the worst professional football match I''ve ever seen.

Never do, and never will. The amount of people that left around me against Middlesbrough will never leave my mind (for obvious reasons!).

"Was at the Ricoh last saturday and was just wondering how many of the posters on here left after 80minutes?

There was one guy in particular who did nothing all game but give Coventry fans abuse about their lack of support and OMG he got up and left early!

I dont know about you guys but that is not true support! OK so we lost but the performance was good, all things considered! the least the people who left early could do was stand up and applaud the team for their brave effort!

Cue abuse......................................."

After middlesborough, i will NEVER leave earlyy again..

I wont leave early EVER!...I wont even go early at half time to get a pie, or whatever it is in the refreshment areas that draws so many people out so early. You''ve come to watch football for god''s sake! Are you going to starve in the space of hour if you dont get your fill? ...and then there is the lot that drift back 5, or even 10 minutes into the second half. The result being that I and many like me have our enjoyment spoilt continously during the game. If nobody went early to get in the pie queue, the club catering management, once they realised they were missing out on takings, would do something about it and improve service, who knows they might even bring the pies and a range of other refreshments into the seating areas, or pitch side. Perhaps they should allocate specific seating areas to early leavers and pie junkies.

Rant over!

One of my mates always left on 85 minutes to "avoid the rush" much to me and my other mates amusement-perhapes it was because he was quite small in stature?! Also I once sat behind a guy in the lower barclay think it was 98-99 season and i swear he sat through the whole match reading a book not watching the match at all!

[quote user="Hooleyfan"]

I wont leave early EVER!...I wont even go early at half time to get a pie, or whatever it is in the refreshment areas that draws so many people out so early. You''ve come to watch football for god''s sake! Are you going to starve in the space of hour if you dont get your fill? ...and then there is the lot that drift back 5, or even 10 minutes into the second half. The result being that I and many like me have our enjoyment spoilt continously during the game. If nobody went early to get in the pie queue, the club catering management, once they realised they were missing out on takings, would do something about it and improve service, who knows they might even bring the pies and a range of other refreshments into the seating areas, or pitch side. Perhaps they should allocate specific seating areas to early leavers and pie junkies.

Rant over!

[/quote]Did you know the bar sells other things such as alcohol? And a lot of football fans like a drink? And that watching Norwich City after a few beers might be a bit of an improvement?What the f uck is wrong with some people on here? You''re like the bloke that had a go at me one day for chatting to my brother behind me during a game..

[quote user="Larry David"][quote user="Hooleyfan"]

Rant over!

[/quote]Did you know the bar sells other things such as alcohol? And a lot of football fans like a drink? And that watching Norwich City after a few beers might be a bit of an improvement?What the f uck is wrong with some people on here? You''re like the bloke that had a go at me one day for chatting to my brother behind me during a game..[/quote]Pay your money - do what the hell you like - thats what I think.

never normlly leave before the end of either half.......but must depart early this sat to get back to London I bet I miss the only Norwich goal of the game..but after seeing Tuesday night, I''m thinking I could stay in Norwich until 4am and still not see us score

[quote user="Larry David"][quote user="Hooleyfan"]

Rant over!

[/quote]

Did you know the bar sells other things such as alcohol? And a lot of football fans like a drink? And that watching Norwich City after a few beers might be a bit of an improvement?

What the f uck is wrong with some people on here? You''re like the bloke that had a go at me one day for chatting to my brother behind me during a game..

[/quote]

I agree that the beer is part of the football experience and I like a pint or two before and after a game, but respectful football fans can have the best of both!

My point is still good, whether its pies or booze. If not so many people  compromised their footy watching time because of the bevvy, I''m sure that the club could get smarter with the service...prepayment with a token for collection might work, ...beers lined up at the bar ready and waiting the minute the half time whistle goes...and plastic bags to p*#s in to further reduce fan movement during the game

......if you are so desperate for a beer then I suggest you stay in the pub (if you are old enough!)... and  I couldn''t give a flying f*#k what you and your brother get up to behind me, just as long as I can see what I came for... Respect bro!

DO not speak to me about the Middlesborough game.  I have just finished two years of mental health support for leaving early that night....[quote user="ncfcstar"]Never do, and never will. The amount of people that left around me against Middlesbrough will never leave my mind (for obvious reasons!).[/quote]

theres a bloke near us that falls asleep about 5 mins into each match, wakes up at half time, then falls asleep for the second half too.

I never leave early and never will do.  However, my mother does who works Saturday nights does, she leaves when the board goes up for the added minutes.  Just saying that she is a huge Norwich fan and just because she has to leave early should n''t really be seen as an indication otherwise.  She is always gutted if she misses a goal but can''t change it.  I know people leave early for ''other reasons'', but tarring with the same brush and all that.

I once left on about 65 mins because I was so sickened by the abuse the fans around me were giving Worthy. I didn''t feel proud of myself but I felt so sorry for the man - regardless of whether I wanted him to resign or not - that I just couldn''t sit there and listen to my fellow ''supporters'' being so downright nasty about him, and watch them enjoying every minute of it.

Sorry, that''s a bit depressing! But if I''m honest, going to CR hasn''t been the same for me since then.

Was that the Burnley game Match Day Pie? That was a horrible day all round. Still stayed to the end mind you. I left early once. We were losing to Crewe,and it was a really poor game,so i decided to go home, and just as i got to the bar area i saw Lewellyn score a cracker on the Tv.I was lucky and from that day i always stay till the end. I was about the only one left in my row as the equaliser went in against Middlesboro! Had to loon out on my own!

[quote user="Badger"]Only once - against Stoke a couple of years ago - the year when Hucks got sent off.[/quote]

Thats the only game ive left early aswell, we really were bad. But thats the only one!

and once our fans left...the attendance halved haha

[quote user="Herman ze German"]Was that the Burnley game Match Day Pie? That was a horrible day all round. Still stayed to the end mind you. I left early once. We were losing to Crewe,and it was a really poor game,so i decided to go home, and just as i got to the bar area i saw Lewellyn score a cracker on the Tv.I was lucky and from that day i always stay till the end. I was about the only one left in my row as the equaliser went in against Middlesboro! Had to loon out on my own![/quote]

I think it must have been, but I''ve tried to erase it from my memory...

Happier memories from the Middlesbro game tho...

I was in Singapore listening to the Middlesbro game on the World Service. The presenter went to the reporter at the game before it kicked off, who moaned about getting the short straw having to cover the game as neither side had scored in ages - then joked about expecting an ''eight goal thriller''... little did he know!

As it was late, I turned off after we were 2-0 down or something, thinking ''ah well''... only to find it on ESPN in a cafe the next morning. I thought I''d watch the humiliation anyway, only to find myself jumping up and down like a mentalist as the final goal went in... happy days!

The two guys infront of me yesterday were there in the first half, but never returned for teh second half. Really what was the point of them coming?

[quote user="Tipster101"]theres a bloke near us that falls asleep about 5 mins into each match, wakes up at half time, then falls asleep for the second half too.[/quote]Oh my god, you sit near Jamie Cureton?

never! regardless of the perfromance or the score i''m there till the bitter end!

only left early once during a game, when i was a boy.. we lost 4-3 to Q P R in the prem and my dad left early in digust.. Mark Bowen scored with 3 minutes to go and we heard the cheer as we walked up the bridge.. i was gutted! never done it since...

jas :)

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Tipster101"]theres a bloke near us that falls asleep about 5 mins into each match, wakes up at half time, then falls asleep for the second half too.[/quote]Oh my god, you sit near Jamie Cureton?[/quote]Don''t be daft. Jamie Cureton has never stayed awake for 5 minutes

[quote user="jay kay"]i left on 90mins in the preston game as i was trying to get to the pub for the england france game (rugby)i missed the 25yd left foot drive...only game ive left early.[/quote]Leaving a few minutes early to get to the pub is possibly one of the few permiscible reasons.  [:D]

never any need to leave early to beat the rush,just wait a while afterwards and everyone has gone and if parked in county hall go for a beer for half an hour a soft drink if driving and the car park is empty.

I think I''ll investigate this phenomenon further through a ''user poll'' as there seems to be very few sound reasons for leaving early yet so many people do.