Sign in to follow this  
we8wba

how long before it turns nasty on roeder?

more and more fans each week slowly starting to lose faith in him or becoming fruastrated. these people are currently in the minority.he can only live on for so long if we continue to play like this!

im all for giving managers time to turn things around and build a squad if i feel the managers has it in him, but roeder hasn''t imo, every club he been to he has got off to a cracking start then after 6months gone sour very quickly.

when will people turn nasty on him? surely on a matter time the way we''re going.

please prove me wrong glenn, i would love you to!

2 games into the season and you''re questioning him, this is beyond a joke really.

Get a life Billy, all you do is moan.

[quote user="billy bunter"]

more and more fans each week slowly starting to lose faith in him or becoming fruastrated. these people are currently in the minority.he can only live on for so long if we continue to play like this!

im all for giving managers time to turn things around and build a squad if i feel the managers has it in him, but roeder hasn''t imo, every club he been to he has got off to a cracking start then after 6months gone sour very quickly.

when will people turn nasty on him? surely on a matter time the way we''re going.

[/quote]Continue to play like what?   Dominating teams from start to finish, playing really nice passing football, building a very solid back line which has been missing for about 4 years.Its not really his fault that players are missing open ghouls.    He has built a very good squad with lots of competition.  

[/quote]

go and support ipswich, we dont need your sort here and I''m sure they would love you.

I think Roeder has got it in him.  The only people I would blame apart from the players performance is the board.

I genuinley believe that we had a chance of promotion with Roeder, and the board should of realised that and backed him with money to buy quality players.  Because it''s obvious he would bring in quality players because of the names we have been linked with, Ameobi and Gorkks to name two.  And now the only reason I don''t think we have a chance of promotion is because our squad is not good enough.  The best we could possibly get is the play offs.  And if Roeder was given the money I believe he would of spent it well and we would of had a genuine chance of promotion.

Blame the board not Glenn

we are actually starting to play decent football. We are creating plenty of chances and not really giving the opposition a sniff.......three goals conceded in the league - two were penalties. If we could just add a decent striker I believe we could get a bloody good run going

[/quote]

I apologise for using technical terms, Billy, but you are actually a prize prick.Don''t worry, though, another bandwagon should be along shortly, so get ready to hop on.

How often do you see a poor bookmaker? We were certainties for relegation when Roeder joined.

People may not like his methods but they ultimately proved effective in saving us from the drop.

I was completely fed up of watching hoofball and our dour predictable style that followed our relegation from the Premiership.

Even with Hucks & Ashton etc we were mostly awful....hitting it long or sending everything down the left in a lopsided hope that Hucks would create something...very predictable and easy to defend against......hoping that individual genius or luck would produce the goods.

Then the debacle that was Grant!

I think Roeder has moved this team along quickly but he is painfully short of a proven striker(one who has presence + power would be welcome -so that our play doesn''t become as one dimensional as previous seasons)

How much of the jigsaw are we missing?

Are we closer to being a good side than at this point last year?

Of course we all want Norwich to be winning. That''s a given. I think Roeder is trying to produce what we all want, it''s just that isn''t going to happen overnight...but I hope we can see that he is moving in the right direction.

Lets hope that he can find that missing piece with one hand tied behind his back(financially speaking)...

he has done it before...last season     ....maybe he can pull a rabbit out of the hat again.

Anyway, get that striker and then see where this team goes. 

If we don''t get that striker, Cureton & Lupoli better find their shooting boots and Rusty blossom in his new position or we may well be Hucked...whatever the quality of our approach play.

Over to you Glenn (& the Board.)

We the fans deserve it !

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]In 2 weeks time we will be bottom of the league but i still dont think people will turn on Roeder  but Delia and the Board are another thing entirely .
[/quote]

How annoying for you that you''ll be back at school when the fun starts,then.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]2 games into the season and you''re questioning him, this is beyond a joke really. Get a life Billy, all you do is moan.[/quote]

100% agree with you! Some fans seem to want Roeder to fail.

1. more than 50% of his deals being loans or perms havn''t started on regular basis

2. more than 70% of his deals havn''t made suffiiecent improvement to the team

3. we finished the league a couple spaces from where he took over last season

4. you says we creating chance we are playing coventry and blackpool. what about when we get reading, birmingham, wolves, ipswich?

managed35won13lost13draw937.14win%
 hardly prolfic for a team who should be near the top

6. he has had good 10months to shape norwich up, now its time he needs to produce results, he cant keep getting on by complaining about deals and that hs been here short time

I have several words I could use to describe you but I am just going to stick with moronic cretin

ps do you sleep with goats?

[quote user="canarytom"]

I have several words I could use to describe you but I am just going to stick with moronic cretin

ps do you sleep with goats?

[/quote]

I understand that the goats turned him down.

it shouldnt turn nasty against roeder completely... Directing all the flack at the manager means that, yet again, the board would come out of it smelling of roses to appoint another one of Delias Mates who will say yes and wont tread on toes...

IF it goes wrong for Glenn then the blame needs to be squarely laid at the board room door... they have had chance after chance after chance to save face with the fans over the years and their mismanagement could be their undoing.

jas :)

im all for giving managers time to turn things around and build a squad if i feel the managers has it in him, but roeder hasn''t imo, ...[/quote]

Given where we are (and where we were less than a year ago) GR deserves at least a season or two before any stupid band wagon starts rolling - not a game or two. He''s probably the most experienced manager we have had in 20 years - and even if we are in the bottom six in 6 months time, there''s no guarantee a replacement would be any better (think Worthington and Grant). So stop that sort of thinking please.

GR has good contacts which have already been invaluable to the club. Where would we have been without Ched Evans last season? He has also bought/chosen well (Clingan and Hoolahan stand out for me - Kennedy, Stefanovic and Bell I think will convince me too). But he he does seem to be blinkered and even vindictive (think Huckerby - I mean the lack of any proper send off, Lappin, Neil Adams and Russell). Maybe he''s just "focused". 

Even Ferguson (not my favourite person either) got off to a shaky start at Man U but he has shown he can hold the dressing room and motivate players. Yes, I hope GR works on motivating and accepting what to many fans is the bleeding obvious when it comes to team selection. Freezing out the likes of Otsemobor and Russell may motivate their replacements but must not undermine the team as a whole.Why no winger or Russell from the start on Saturday? The answer is that''s his perogative - his job depends on his decisions not our (multitude of) different ideas. And that job needs to be judged much more into the future than now.

[/quote]

It doesn''t need to turn nasty on Roeder! Blame the Board! You cannot make a football team out of shirt buttons! Try giving the guy some transfer funds, maybe we could even buy a striker of our very own! Stop press player not even good enough to be offered a contract by Cardiff and 36 years of age spotted at Carrow Rd.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]2 games into the season and you''re questioning him, this is beyond a joke really.

Get a life Billy, all you do is moan.[/quote]Surely he has a right to moan, come Oct, Roeder has been here a full year and the team continue to under achieve as always. Considering the 3 very poor teams we have played so far it''s no joke.It seems most clubs Roeder has been at, he has got off to a reasonable start then loses it, one theory is, once the players realise what a complete tw@t he is they no longer give 100%, still with 11 new players in he can start afresh, oh until they also realise of course, then it''s all down hill just like last season and all the other seasons and clubs Roeder has been at