Sign in to follow this  
Robbo007

Its not just a target man upfront we need...

....we need a big man at the back as well.

I''m currently watching Portsmouth playing Fulham and have to say that Portsmouths'' defence are winning everything in the air. Their back two of DeZeeuw and Primus aren''t the most technically gifted footballers but they don''t let anything through them. Perhaps it is worth looking out for a big centre-back instead of a big centre forward and playing doherty up-front.

Maybe it is worth having Malky in the centre??

Didn''t we just buy Gary Doherty?

He is a centre back afterall. If we do manage to buy a new striker (Harewood, hopefully, not sure Johannson is the right buy) I''m reasonably sure Doherty will just be re-assigned to defensive duties.

no, we need a passing game. and malky well..............

Yes this could be a way to play but malky, i would not play him.

Doherty is doing a grand job but hes a defender and has no skill or power in his play.
Hes great as a stand in but we need someone who knows what they are doing!

We''ve got a big man at the back.... It''s just he''s playing up front at the moment!! Mark my words- If Worthy gets his striker tomorrow, the Doc will play in defence. If Worthy doesn''t get his striker- ummmm, errr... ;-)

Keep the faith

What was this about Primus and De Zeeuw not letting anything through. I know you probably posted early but Fulham eventually got three goals in a game that could have ended 10-10 as there were over 33 chances created. In response to previous posts so much for Ricardo Fuller not being experienced in the Prem and being injury prone. He caused the Fulham defence absolute mayhem earned a penalty and set up another goal in what was an inspiring debut. Just goes to show if you are good enough then does not matter who you play for in the lower leagues. Fulham played their part in a magnificent game and just goes to show the standard required in this league.

So Portsmouth have 2 big centre halfs winning everything in the airwith nothing going through them yet they still conceed three goals to a distinctly average Fulham attack.

I''d rather have our vertically challenged duo of Fleming and CHarlton thank you very much, who have performed well against some of the best attacking players in the country. And Doc will fill in back there to give us some height. Malky is very much 4th choice now.

OTBC

In my defence i made the original post when Portsmouth were 3-0 up!! to say that Fulham have a "distinctly average attack" is very unfair. Andy Cole is the second top premiership goalscorer of all time, and is still very sharp, and in Boa morte, radzinski and Malbranque they have plenty of goals in them